Which do you prefer?

Which do you prefer?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qz1cfwFmv1w
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i went to ihop in detroit

was pretty comfy

never been to waffle house

I drive from Houston to New Orleans regularly and can tell you the exact spot this transition occurs

I find this map to be inaccurate.

chee hoo

IHOP tastes better, but its price is too high for the quality of food they're serving. They're also slow as balls.

Waffle House gives you better service at a lower price, and the establishments are usually a little more homey and diner-like, while IHOP tries to look more upscale than it really is.

I'm in a region that was formerly dominated by Waffle House, but which is now firmly up IHOP's ass, and I miss Waffle House and local diners immensely.

Waffle House is far better than IHOP due to - user is right - sincerity; IHOP is trying too hard.
It's also due to the fact that the ONLY edible thing on the IHOP menu is the breakfast cake. The eggs always come out cold, the hashbrowns are always soggy, and the breakfast meats have always obviously been sitting in a hot drawer for a while.
WH, on the other hand, cooks everything to order, delivers all food upon completion (their tiny floor plan allows them to do this) so it's steaming hot, and serves a much better variety of food than IHOP. Plus hashbrowns in the ring are GOAT.

>tfw you have to always order ihop to go because they wont sell you the funny face pancake if you are over 12

That's not an accurate map. I saw a shit ton of Waffle Houses when we drove from NorCal to Texas. We don't have them in NorCal, but there were plenty starting in Phoenix and going east. Doesn't matter much to me, though, I don't like either place.

There's a lot of holdout Waffle Houses in that area, but IHOP has been slowly gaining dominance for the past 20 years now.

Virginian narrowly within your yellow waffle house line that prefers IHOP to Waffle House 110%. Waffle house is just plain nasty. The only times I went there were never to eat but to have a cup of coffee and cigarettes with friends after a night of drinking. We never ate that shit.

I prefer waffle house because ihop's pancakes don't taste like anything different than what you can get at denny's or someplace, but waffle house is the only place I can get good chocolate chip waffles

Waffle House, Nashville pride.

Agreed. Waffle House has a much simpler menu and the quality of the food is more or less consistent. The solid items that they do have are all wide open to custom ordering and the menu makes that clear. I remember when they used to have signs that warned "no sharing" so you would have to get it to-go if you wanted the best deal since everything is a better deal if you get a huge mess of it. My buddy and my after-the-bars-close usual was double waffle and triple hash browns smothered, covered, topped. That's plenty for two people and it's only like $12

Tfw love waffle house but live in Alaska

Waffle House is great. Just avoid it on Sundays and the hours when people are leaving nightclubs.

Ihop is good but I only go there because all the eateries here in Seattle is staffed by hipsters that demand 40+% tips whilst giving mediocre, at best, customer service.

>mfw when moving from waffle house dominated state to having none in the state

D E N N N Y S

No waffle houses where I live.

I've only been to ihop once. All of the staff except my waitress were black. The plate that my eggs were on was covered in dried jelly and had hairs embedded into it. I just got up and walked out.

RIP zyzz :(

ihop is phoney shit for old WASPs with no taste. Anyone with a decent brain will go to wafflehouse.

IHOP is fucking trash.

Dennys is amazing.

used to like ihop but i haven't been to a good one in a long time. makes me think the franchise is going down hill. plus they're too expensive for pretty shitty food.

waffle house all the way. denny's is good too

>neither place makes something called a Grand Slamwich
I'll pass

Denny's

NC Here. I go to waffle house much more frequently for that bacon lover's BLT. I don't eat pancakes often and I always make my own.

places that serve bloody marys > local joins > village inn > ihop > waffle house > dennys

I've never been to either
which one has chicken and waffles

Ugh, I hate when people say every restaurant in a franchise is equal and comparable.
They may have standardized menus, but the talents of the cooks, the skills and efforts of the wait staff, their moods and level of effort on that particular day, how well trained employees are, the restaurant location/appearance, freshness of ingredients, cleanliness, generosity of portions, management competency, pricing, time of day and how busy the store is compared to how many people are working... it all varies by wide margins.
How can you even make these comparisons? It all comes down to local knowledge of who is good, when and where. Even a franchise has a local flavor.

Me too, I've never seen a waffle house in Michigan, we literally stop in Toledo when vacationing outta state because it has a waffle house.

been to both

iHop served the shit on dirty dishes with lipstick stains on the coffee mugs and the waiter had one of those faggy hipster beards that got it in the food

needless to say we left

Waffle House was breddy gud if a bit small

IHop is in the white parts of town. Wafflehouse is in "those" neighborhoods

Waffle house > perkins = Dennys > ihop

Isn't the food made in factories and shipped to each location tho?

Every one of the three waffle houses I've been into were sleazy little joints with greasy seats and flies and ants crawling all over the place. I hate Waffle House I don't get the hype.

Waffle House > Denny's > IHOP

waffle house is a million times better. ihop is over rated as fuck

Both
IHOP: Chicken tenders and thick hotel breakfast style Belgian waffles
Waffle House: Actual fried chicken with American style giant thin waffles

A local diner that actually cooks food.

Idk about waffle house, never been, but why would anyone willingly pay for ihop's microwaved crap

>but why would anyone willingly pay for ihop's microwaved crap

Only reason I can think of is because they're open 24-7 and are well known for being tolerant of drunken shenanigans.

It certainly isn't the food that's appealing.

IHOP: 'I just want a sandwich and some coffee'
>367 hours later

Wafflehouse: 'I just want a sandwich and some coffee, please stop killing each other and make my food.'

THEY BOTH SUCK

famous amos or if I'm in the panhandle, po' folks

fuck ihop, it's cracker barrel expensive but fast food quality

Denny's uber alles, you cunts.

Waffle house was dank as fuck and only a block away from the hotel I was staying at. I would give up in and out for them

Beaumont, TX?

ihop is nice, but waffle house is a tradition.

Waffle House is without a doubt superior to IHOP.

Faster, cheaper, and better food.

>tfw north texas, have both

Also TFW Missouri.

>TFW Indiana
>Have IHOP, Denny's, WH, and mom n' pops

Wasn't even aware they were regional. Mine are a few minutes apart from each other.

>tfw small TN mountain town
>tfw the overwhelming stillness of nature on a midsummer's eve
>tfw no light pollution, thousands of stars visible
>tfw i can get my hashbrowns scattered, smothered, covered and peppered at 3 in the morning with my best friends

>tfw i live in california now

golden waffle master race here. also inb4 huddle house.

This. I live in PA and there are several Waffle houses in my area alone. Perkins is better than both desu.

I live in central Florida and get both wafflehouse and ihop

>also both Whataburger and in n out

Reeeeeeeeee

Jerry bobs

Between those two, IHOP

However, there's a much better place that I go to called the sloppy waffle. It's in Newington, Connecticut.

This is what I got last time. It's called the spicy jeff. It's two leige waffles (They're waffles made with dough not batter) with their amazing fried chicken breast, egg, maple syrup, and hot sauce in between. Together they make for an excellent flavor sensation.

This shit literally helped revive me on new years day after having one of the worst hangovers of my life.

IMO Waffle House and it's not even close. IHOP is just Denny's for slightly less poor people.

Same here. Absolutely no reason to ever eat IHOP over WaHo though unless it's that one time a year I go and try to pretend I can eat a lot of pancakes.

I had a hot chicken benedict in Nashville a few months ago that sounds a lot like that. Waffles instead of English muffins and maple hollandaise sauce. Good stuff.

You know I'm always hitting up the House for some loaded hash browns

youtube.com/watch?v=qz1cfwFmv1w

But now you get to call all your old friends "flyovers" and feel smug

Apples and oranges. You may as well compare Fazoli's and Olive Garden.

Who /Village Inn/ or /Dee's/?

Lehigh Valley?

I wouldn't mind living there, Waffle House and Puerto Rican booty would make me happy

Oh shit nigga are you one of my bois from Sevierville

I'm so glad I didn't fall for the California meme.

Yep, great place to live. I live in Bethlehem.

Goddamn that sounds good!

I live in Washington. I want to trade. IHOP is easily outclassed by Dennys and Sharis. Waffle House isn't as good, but it's cheap as fuck and they're open 24/7 like Dennys. It's like the perfect drunk food.

Some of the "signature items" might be pre-made by the franchise and simply reheated per directions. And certain portion sizes might be required for consistency, so they can advertise calorie counts.
Other things like the size of the pile of hash browns and how crisp they are cooked is of course going to vary. And the intangibles like the attitude of the wait staff, general cleanliness of the kitchen, dining room and bathrooms, quality of the seating, and whether or not the clientele is a bunch of ghetto coons, that all depends on local knowledge. Then there's management which has some discretion over levels of staffing, pricing, behavior, and things like making sure the fryer oil is fresh and filtered regularly. I see huge differences from one restaurant to another. It makes it very hard to compare, because each franchise has "good" and "bad" locations.

All star special wins 10/10. Fuck IHOP

Is IHOP even open 24 hours? I'd imagine that Perkins or something of the like would be tops in Wisconsin due to all the drunk dudes wandering around at 2am.

>Let's not go to that Waffle House let's go to the good one

Sharis is the shit man, trade Dennys and IHOP. Shari's is a northwest treasure.

I will prefer IHOP until waffle house gets with the times and starts using a point of sale system instead of writing out the prices and totaling it by hand. Do all waffle houses do this or only the ones in Louisiana? It doesn't work when the waiter doesn't know basic math. They fuck it up every single time

Waffle house until I fucking die

Went to a Waffle House in once. ONCE. It was if they had manufactured a spray made of crisco and tobacco tar and used that to clean every surface.

>walked in
>walked out
>never went back

That was 7 years ago.

>tfw no IHOP or Waffle House near me
>just Denny's
It probably wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't entirely populated by black people constantly

Eh, Perkins quality dropped drastically like 10 years back and never managed to recover to their old baseline.
Denny's is hit-or-miss, and that one gay busboy hated me so we never went back.
IHOP is expensive and always full of either children or drunks.
Wafflehouse is the superior choice in all aspects.

Denny's is my fucking shit. Unlimited pancakes for like 4 bucks? Fuck yeah. Grand Slamwich? In my fucking belly bro. Spiderman pancakes? In it to win it. Their expanded menu with dinner items? Get that shit outta my face I dont eat anything but bfast at Denny's. That mess is sacrilegious

>Unlimited pancakes for like 4 bucks

Who cares if they're unlimited when all they give you is that awful imitation syrup? Shit's inedible.

>Unlimited pancakes for like 4 bucks
i'll have them to go, please!

Bring your own you autist

Nothing autist about not wanting industrial HFCS with a combination of chemicals to produce a "maple" flavor slathered on your pancakes. In fact, I would say it's the other way around.

Ohio here, I know of maybe one waffle house in like a 50 mile radius and I'm not even sure if it exists anymore.
IHOP however...

If you're eating unlimited pancakes from fucking Denny's, I don't think worrying about fake sugar or your overall health is really a top priority

i'm pretty sure these kind of places don't allow you to bring your own food

Why wouldn't they? The cost is still baked into the price, yet you don't use it, meaning they save on raw materials.

many food places have a general rule that you're not allowed to consume self brought food items because you could as well just bring a home cooked meal in there to save money. the same reason why you're not allowed to bring your own drinks to the pub

Yeah be we're talking about Dennys. I doubt the people that work there would give two shits if you brought your own syrup.

>No Shoney's
Their breakfast buffet was the best, but my city's location closed many years ago and I'm not driving 40 miles to the next nearest one.

Never went to IHOP
Went to a Waffle House near the ghetto past midnight and it was terrible.

>Went to a Waffle House near the ghetto past midnight and it was terrible
Real surprised you didn't get shot

my only problem with waffle house & IHOP is that they don't use real butter when cooking your eggs or hashbrowns. They use some king of butter imitation vegetable oil product to save money.

Food science is literally the art of cheating you out of expensive ingredients.

But you can't really complain about that if you are eating at Waffle house. For the money it is hard to beat.

You gotta go out of your way to get there and they had an armed rent-a-cop there watching the parking lot

If a fucking Waffle House needs armed security, that's a pretty big red flag not to go there imo