Same-sex parenting

What's the Veeky Forums consensus? Anyone have an opinion on the studies and methodology attempting to quantify the quality of parenting of gay couples?

Other urls found in this thread:

medicalresearch.com/author-interviews/no-difference-in-behavioral-issues-in-children-adopted-by-lgbt-parents/29168/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Not good for the development of the child. A child needs to feel the polarity between mother and father in order develope properly. Furthermore, gays naturally cannot procreate so they should face not ever getting to raise children. Additionally only one of the pair can be a biological parent (at most) which causes the child to not be surrounded by his two genetic predecessors, which is reprehensible.

It dosent fucking matter, I think people make way too much of a deal about it. The kid dosent have to grow up in an orphanage and they couple is happy to take care of them. I dont think being gay is a choice, its just something that someone is. Besides most kids who are raised by gay parents turn out just as fucked up as the rest of us. Its just propoganda.

It probably doesn't matter and if it does, it's probably not possible to quantify. Many million children came out just fine without a father, so who gives a shit. There are also many traditional parents that fuck up their children pretty fucking bad. Humans adapt, in particular children. What it really needs is just food, shelter, limits, love, stuff like that. There is no magic happening just because one of the parents has a penis and the other not.

idk, this study indicates that it's not that big of a deal

medicalresearch.com/author-interviews/no-difference-in-behavioral-issues-in-children-adopted-by-lgbt-parents/29168/

I am asking as a gay man, though I'm not interested in adopting children. I just think its important that we really pad this stuff out, considering its probably unprecendented in history that sexually involved same-sex couples living akin to heterosexual men and women will be raising children on a relatively large scale. Given the negative behavioral, criminal and economic effects associated with single motherhood, I think it's worth investigating especially because homosexuals are now basically socially equivalent to heterosexual, reproductive couples.

Most of the studies I have heard of so far parallel these results though I've heard criticisms of their sample sizes/self-reporting and shit.

Adopted kids would otherwise be raised in a much shittier situation. So it doesn't matter if it's inferior to hetero (and it's not, as studies show).

What seems to matter more than anything is having at least one male role model. Single mothers and lesbian couples have poor outcomes for kids (both boys and girls, but more so boys), whereas single fathers and homo couples have outcomes only a little worse than normal couples do.

>A child needs to feel the polarity between mother and father
>polarity

Slash fucking thread

Smells like a bunch of bullshit. All studies I have seen so far suggest that having two fathers or two mothers is functionally the same as having a mother and father. It's okay to give your opinion, but at least label it what it is: complete speculation.

It could be traumatic for the child for when his fathers get deported and gassed

lol

own babies:

>make trade deal with lesbos
>lesbos make 4 babbie with your male milk
>lesbos steal 4 babbies none for you
>probably ask for child support afterwards

adopted children:

>fairly ok but it's not as popular as it should be among gay couples

Imho it is better for a child to grow up with homosexual parents than with parents that abuse it.

Clearly. But could homosexual households be more prone to abuse? This is not as much of an issue with adopted children, since the parents would be screened beforehand, but with the new ways developing that homosexual couples can have their own kids you might (keyword: might) end up with a larger number of kids "born" to homosexual parents in abusive households. One reason I think this may be something worth investigating, in terms of the statitsical differences in parenting in hetero and homo couples, is because of things like the elevated rates of domestic violence in lesbian relationships.

If gay family has kid it's because they wanted one and planned it out.
If straight family has kid it's either because they wanted it or it was a mistake and pretended they could handle it.
Statistics of kids raised by gays are going to have this advantage.

yes but normal parenthood means unplanned

that is, all of the races genetic memories is derived from millions of years of humans having kids when they didnt want to

thats why the church (who was into science waaay before it was cool) doesnt like birth control

its because it dilutes the true conditions that make newborns competitive, but they cant say it cause it isnt politically correct, they are actually the most progresive force in existence

Well, even if there was proof that homosexual couples are more prone to abusing their children you couldn't just ban them from having kinds.

>you couldn't just ban them from having kinds.
this user is right

with that logic you should take into account all variants that statistically make homes more prone to bad childhoods
that includes

poor people
people with very demanding jobs
immigrants
ex criminals
disabled people
people who dont have perfect mental health

the thing is, since you cant forbid ehterosexual couples from having kids, cause they just go ahead and do it anyways you cant forbid homosexss

hmmmmm....

This to this whole thread from the first post

so basically youre a nazi
ok nazi
you know what youre not american
american is anti nazi
and nazi is antiamerican

so either choose
the side of freedom and jewish rights respection

or the side who lost like a littl ebitch and no matter how much you think the german did things right they lost lost the defeat of defeats and jews won so fuck you if you have a problem with israel talk with my nuclear weapons fag

>to
whats the matter, didnt your parents make you feel polarity?

i remember wehn i was a kid my mom and dad used to call me every weekend to feel their polarity

i would stand there with a magnet and they would start polarising and the magnet would go crazy

fun stuff cant imagine someone having a childhood without that

Yeah? I'm literally not American. Your words hold no power over me burger. Also Nazis are cucks too who lost.

What a kid need is love. Not two parents with opposite sex.

oh haha, youre not american, the only country who might even think of defying mighty israel? then youre literally nothing, please keep the hotel tidy in your shitty useless country in case i want to visit

fuck of pedo, you want 2 gay parents making love to their children what a kid needs is discipline from a military father and a woman who do the dishes thats all