Xanax

Any /pharma/ or /med/ fags here? Why the fuck won't my psychiatrist give me Benzo's like Valium or Xanax? He's okay with prescribing with Anti Psychotics, Adderall, and Anti Depressants for OCD and ADHD. Why are benzos any worse? He says they are hard to get off with nasty side effects, but so are anti psychotics. Aren't they even worse?

benzos are extremely addictive. you probably don't need any of that shit anyway

t. neurobiologist

Daily reminder.

Human being does not need mind altering substances to function.

Yeah that's a load of shit. I bet you're gonna start preaching tonics and snake oil now with natural organic foods. In fact there probably isn't enough sufficient medication for some people. I use to have Major OCD. I would count numbers in my head out loud that were in my head like a fucking maniac for hours and was obsessed with locking doors. Thankfully something called Prozac exists. However I will not disagree, ADHD is very over diagnosed.

Benzos turn you into a brainlet. You won't feel much anymore. Thus your ability to learn is heavily limited. And after years of taking benzos you'll ask yourself "What did I actually do in those years?" and you won't have any significant memories. Sure you can say "I was at X and did Y" but it doesn't feel like anything. It is as if you more or less unconsciously vegetated through your life.

Then why the fuck would he even consider anti psychotics like Ability or risperidone? Those are arguably worse. Wouldn't he want me to get addicted anyways? He's gonna make revenue from those Pharm kicks somehow. Might as well include Benzos.

Veeky Forums - every faggot's blog

>ADHD
So you prefer to do funny shit instead of doing your homework? Wow, what a serious disorder. Better take meds instead of simply doing your fucking homework.

because they aren't nearly as addictive as benzos.

>Wouldn't he want me to get addicted anyways?
if he wanted to be a drug dealer, he wouldnt need that md. he's probably ethical

If the demographic is correct, people are fucking stupid. Seriously 4x more people die from prescription drugs than illegal.... babyboomers and politicians are fucking disgusting. No wonder why they want a war to combat "illegal" drugs. This is what is wrong with america. Pharm companies should be held just as accountable for deaths or people just like actual "drug dealers".

You could make the argument that Adderall is addictive. But he still gives me it. Perhaps he has the feeling I like Downers alot more because I've told him out of Highschool before College I smoked a shit ton of weed. Adderall isn't very recreational at all for me.
>tfw he knows

I'm on the same page. Fucking all drugs might as well as be legal. It's a free market for fucks sake. Heroin addicts will just do Oxy and Meth faggots will do Adderall/Ritalin. Even then, the former are still cheaper.

>You could make the argument that Adderall is addictive
It's not a matter of perspective. Amphetamine has an abuse liability because it's euphoric and reinforcing. Patients may often mistake the euphoria for its therapeutic effect and up the dosage to maintain it. "Withdrawal" is mild at worst, the legit adicts have an insensitivity to pleasurable stimuli developed through chronic recreational use.
Benzos have a severe physical dependence liability because their action downregulates gaba A. Overly rapid dose reduction or withdrawal can cause possibly fatal convulsions and severe, lingering psychological symptoms. Benzos are really a last-line treatment for anxiety.
Antipsychotics and SSRIs aren't abuseable and don't have withdrawals in anywhere near the sense that recreational drugs do

adderall and ritalin in pharma form are slow-release, the addiction doesn't even compare to GABA agonists like benzos or barbiturates m80. just listen to your fucking doctor you fucking junkie ffs

Fewer people USE illegal drugs.

Don't be the idiot who drinks a fifth of jack on top of a double dose of your pain pills or sedatives, don't attempt suicide, etc. and you should be fine. You can't -force- people to comply with crucial medical advice. Look at tumblr landwhales.

>car companies should be held accountable for car accident deaths
>gun manufacturers should be held accountable for gun deaths
>alcohol companies should be held accountable for alcohol deaths (and drunk driving deaths, jointly with the car companies!)

Off topic, but my doctor gave me a box of Xanax for anxiety emergencies. If what you are saying is true and that benzos are more addictive than amphetamines he should have no problem giving me some Adderall for "concentration problems"

>Fewer people USE illegal drugs.
I'd be careful with that statement mate.

I take adderall for school and it's really not shit compared to meth. I've never taken valium but my buddy takes bars and he says that shit is just as addictive as meth if not worse.

Stop! The situation is not the same. The reason he gave you a small amount of Benzos to counter anxiety is because benzos are safe to use over short periods of time. The addiction problems only happen if you use them chronically.

Amphetamine drugs like adderall are meant to be taken chronically at a low dose and doctors think if you want to use them only some of the time, this means you are an instant junkie. You could easily screw yourself out of this kind of medicine by asking for it for only temporary needs.

To add on to this, benzos are some of the safest types of tranquilizers, they do not depress your breathing nearly as much as opiates or barbiturates. Benzos have a large difference between the effective dose and a lethal dose and it is rare for someone to OD on benzos, personally i have never heard of it in the medical community, unless it was combined with alcohol

He's doing you a favour. Benzos are harder to get off of than potent opiates, and certainly more difficult than any of the other medications you listed. They make you feel... nothing, which is lovely, but then you have to take more and more and more to feel that nothing. You never feel like you have a problem, everything is going just fine and you're in control. The problem is they make you a fucking zombie and everyone can see the problem except for you. You'll eventually get cut off by your doctor and go through hell, only to realize you don't even remember much of the time you spent taking them, and your anxiety, which you didn't even mention, will likely be worse than it was before. I have a fantastic memory, but the times I was on benzos are like static with random faint outlines of memories. And mind you, this is all just with regular use, as perscribed, with an increase in dosage over time by your doctor. They have to do that as soon the low doses will do nothing for you in a few weeks. There's no safe self management of benzos, unless you get a very small amount filled for a plane ride or very infrequent panic attacks, something like that.

If you are suffering from anxiety, panic attacks, or agoraphobia (which you didn't even mention...), see a psychologist/psychotherapist/shrink/counselor
Someone who will talk to you and help you work through your problems and give you the real tools to fix yourself. Your psychiatrist should be forcing you to see one anyways if you have so many mental issues.

This

If you have drug seeking behavior the medical professional factors that into his decision making process when writing prescriptions. Obviously, something as highly addictive as benzos probably won't be prescribed. Xanax is more reserved for patients who suffer panic attacks, spasms, or seizures.

i got benzos for having social anxiety, it has some good efects and the only drawback ive noticed is if i take it more than 3 days in a row then stop, my hands shake a lot.

Am i just really lucky, or are the negatives exaggerated?

Just kill yourself bro, either by intent or by getting hooked on drugs, but spare us your stupidity on this board