Why is the human nose protruding?

why is the human nose protruding?

looks pretty fucking weird if you think about it

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19442453
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

To make more space for the brain. The bigger the nose, the smarter you are.

t. leper whose nose fell off

"Protruding" is a pretty weird word if you think about it.

Protruding protruding protruding protruding protruding protruding protruding protruding

no. protrudere is lating and means thrusting forward

its pretty logical, its an air intake thats facing down to prevent solids and shit to getting into it

imagine if you had a building with a ventilation that faced straight up without something covering it, it would serve as a ventilation sure, but it would also have lots of crap roll down in

B-but etymology is not a science

So you're telling me during evolution - people that had protruding noses just survived better than people with stranger ones?

What I'm trying to get to - what exactly triggered this specific mutation, and why it maintained itself so predominantly throughout humans?

That's a question only GOD can answer.

yes, when some creature evolved a nasal orifice, the ones who had more protection over it evolved better, had less shit clog into it, and therefor didnt choke or got infections from it

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19442453

>Why do humans have such a prominent nose? The final result of phylogenesis: a significant reduction of the splanchocranium on account of the neurocranium.

So this

Some girls with big noses are very beautiful - but usually they end up doing plastic surgery and end worse afterwards.

you're only saying that because you have low self esteem and their big nose as a flaw makes them more approachable

Also the nose helps warming cold air when inhaling, thereby protecting the bronchia and lungs.

And partly is right. Often a change (big brain, forward straight face, large eyes) requiers other modifications. In humans the was, in a way, pushed out.

Human head is weird, most vertebrates have the mouth and neck on opposite sides of the skull. In humans it is 90 degrees and right near the neck. The whole human/primate skull is radially skewed.

No I actually meet this awesome artist girl once who had a big nose but if fitted her face - she was an amazing person.

Other than that all women in my life had normal noses, I have a big nose myself - it's not a problem :D.

>The bigger the nose, the smarter you are.

oy vey

This. If you disagree you're a fat fedora-tipping autistic loser.

>thrusting forward
hnnng

well they're average IQ is higher than the world's, coincidence?

To separate the ovenmasters from the ovengoers.

so nazis didnt have protuding noses?
what the fuck?

try fucking with israel now you nazi boy

oh tahts right
youre not so tough now that we have the f-15s

so you better behave or ill control the media around you

Your time is almost up. Soon you will meet your soap ancestors in showers.

Aquatic ape theory has an explanation

Then why are blacks terrible swimmers? Did they diverge to be bad at swimming, while everyone else diverged to be good at swimming?

The Brazilian Olympic relay team had a black swimmer, who won the bronze medal for them.

you're mom knows the definition of protruding pretty well, user

So you're saying that it's not a matter of physiology but that blacks generally just don't try to swim well?

Your body type definitely helps. Olympic water pools are much more expensive to build and maintain than for example a patch of land where you can practice running so you can't really expect olympic grade swimmers from countries like Congo. It's just economics.

So we don't suffocate to death when stuffing our face in tit.

Why have a nose at all? Why no breath through gills in our arm pits?

Because you wouldn't be able to breathe if your arms at your side. You'd probably die in your sleep.

>Why have a nose at all? Why no breath through gills in our arm pits?

because that's nasty

Not really my field but I'll bite. A protruding nose helps us warm and filter the air we breath. More internal surface area = more hairs/mucus to capture particulates like dust in the air which aids both our sense of smell and our ability to breath. This is why the people in colder regions like Northern Europe have larger noses to warm the air they breath and people in sandy regions have larger noses to filter out the dust kicked up from winds in arid environments. Similarly people in wetter regions like Asia, South America, and Africa will often have flatter noses as this adaptation isn't as crucial there.

As for why we developed one at all, there simply isn't enough room in our skull to house our brain and a nose so it got pushed down our face as our foreheads grew in proportion to our brain.

Ayo hol up
We wuz dolphins and shiiet?

ibs semple

eye sho u yoozing simpel loggical resining

1) a beeng iz a humin ib anonly ib it has a potudig nozze.
2) ib en donly ib a beeng haz a potuding nozze, itsh a joo.
3) Hyimoans ar beengs that hab optuding moses.
4) Defor humaoins is humanoinze.

Q. Q. D. E.

hohb eye holpd

Is his nose clogged or are my eyes clogged because I can't read this shit

did von Neumann make this thread?

Big nose master race.