Tfw have to have wisdom teeth out tomorrow

>tfw have to have wisdom teeth out tomorrow
>tfw almost certain my jaw is too small for its teeth due to malnutrition
>tfw can't do anything about it now, it's too late
hold me science people and discuss malnutrition if you want

getting my wisdom teeth out, i didn't care. I barely even knew what I was going to the dentist for, thought it was just something everyone did in their late teens.

ended up being one of the worst experiences of my life. I lost like 10lbs in two weeks and had daily anxiety attacks and depressive episodes for those two weeks afterwards, and the anesthesia gave me brain fog for at least a few days afterwards, and I'm pretty sure I tried to throw up right when I got home from the procedure.

Have fun. :)

If that is true at any level, I'm really happy I have teeth small enough for the wisdom teeth to fit in nicely with their friends.

How did the surgery cause that stuff?

probably your jaw is also relatively large, since 90% of Americans have to have theirs extracted

100% true
maybe pain from the surgery and maybe the anesthesia fucked with me. Who knows. I will literally never go under anesthesia again unless it's required.

It can be seen that way, too. Maybe my teeth are normal and my jaw is big. Though, my jaw is pretty normal in size, but would probably be big on that side of the Atlantic.

Eww...

I dont like anesthesia. I dont know about all you folks but i highly value my brain's ability to think quickly, and losing that ability even for a short while scares the fuck outta me.

Instead I'm going to opt for local anesthetic and watch the surgery in a mirror.

I'm letting you know now that some crazy shit could happen, but if it does, you'll know it's just the anesthesia/pain from the procedure etc, and to not freak out and understand it will go away.

also please for fucks sake do not fuck with the holes or suck on anything. it will literally make them take WAY longer to heal, and you'll have to go BACK to the fucking dentist to get new bandages/cotton/healing goop placed into/over the holes. it will suck dick.

[math]\mathbb{This \ shit \ is \ scary.}[/math]

This shit is scary.

>Wisdom tooth 1
>Popped out without problems. Was fractured and rotten.
>Wisdom tooth 2
>Was stuck. They had to chisel it into pieces and vacuum up the pieces.
>Wisdom tooth 3
>Sawed in half, then yanked out both pieces.

Thank god that part of my life is over. The socket where wisdom tooth 1 had been was infected though and pus started slowly building in my gum. Then I had to perform a root canal on the neighbor tooth to save it.

I find the genetic explanation for why we need them removed highly incongruous because of how much damage they can do to us. I've heard that those infections can easily spread to the brain and kill you. That's why I think it has to be modern nutrition that causes it. But of course the braindead dentists in their decades long careers have never even thought to ask why.

>Halloween, the post

Modern nutrition plays part in it yes. I was surprised to learn I didn't have a fourth one. Some people don't have any wisdom teeth at all and it will probably increase in the future.

They are dangerous if unnoticed. Couple days before my first removal I felt like I had the flu, before I knew it I had passed out on the floor and had a sudden high fever. Prior to that it had just been toothache, as expected when wisdom teeth grow out.

I was first clued in to the possibility of nutrition playing a role when I saw on the wikipedia article an innocuous blurb that the first historical finds of wisdom teeth problems were around 10,000 years ago, or around the advent of agriculture.

now what I'm thinking is that malnourished peasants/consumerists don't get the proper nutrients to fully develop their facial structures (hence shrunken skulls like in my OP), and that this has been a major health problem which is causing evolution away from having wisdom teeth at all. Both of my parents were missing some of their teeth but for some reason I have all of them.

here's a facial reconstruction of Robespierre, showing a skull that I highly doubt had wisdom teeth issues.

Hey OP I got mine out a few months ago, my insurance didn't cover general anesthesia so I just got the shots that numb your mouth and that was it.

Honestly, on a scale of 1-10 of how bad the whole thing was, it was literally like a 2. It was so fucking painless and easy I was actually pretty shocked. The surgery itself took around 15 minutes, no joke. I was in and out. But my wisdoms weren't impacted or coming in at crazy angles or anything like that, so obviously that's going to be different for everyone. Just expect a FUCK load of pressure and force going to be used to pry your teeth out. Luckily you'll be conscious, so make sure to adjust your jaw when they really start pushing on it. If you were unconscious I imagine it would be pretty easy for them to dislocate it without having any reaction from you.

Afterwards they gave me a bunch of painkillers and aspirin, I didn't take any of the painkillers at all. There wasn't any pain, just a slight ache. Make sure not to fuck with the blood clots or anything.

it's a good think we are gradually loosing molars. Eating lot of unprocessed food require a strong temporalis muscle to apply force thru the morals, which in turn takes away a lot of space for the brain to develop.

Just look at all that gap, in pic related, left only for temporalis to attach to the upper sides of the skull. It's a good thing we are eating more and more process food, with less chewing resistance, since that makes our morals obsolete.

>morals
molars*

>my wisdom teeth are growing in literally sideways
>will never surface, but will push against my other teeth

do i just get these things out now or do i put it off as long as i can
i have a fear of needles and general anesthesia

Prolonging it will only cause more pain and suffering.

>never got high on weed with the cool kids

I highly doubt this is an actual homo sapiens

if it is bad enough it can fracture you other teeths by growing into them and literally shattter them with the pressure

why do we have to take out the wisdom teeth and not the second molar, and let the wisdom teeth replace it?
>wisdom teeth actually makes you stupid
kek

I know! He looks like a fucking dragon or something. Apparently it was made from a death mask Madam Tussad claimed to have made from Robespierre.

Here is another fascinating reconstruction, this time of a few thousand year old Swiss hunter gatherer/farmer hybrid who got shot while traveling through the alps. Looks entirely different but both of them look entirely different from typical modern males, or nu-males as /pol/ calls them.

Trips of truth - I asked my dentist and surgeon and both said it wouldn't work, but I have a feeling that it would have. Especially problematic because both my second molars had cavities, and so I probably would have been better off in the long run with my 3rd molars.

Good news is I am safe and those drugs were fucking awesome, I highly recommend this experience to any drug connoisseur because valium I think was the drug is not a drug any of my drug procuring friends were capable of finding the equivalent of. I basically was one moment preparing for the surgery, the next moment I woke up from the surgery and was high as a kite

daily reminder that this is actually one of the mainstream theories that dentists and such actually subscribe to

I never understood why the hell people even do full anaesthesia for such a small operation. It's done in 10 minutes and local anaesthesia and isn't particularly complicated. Anaesthesia always takes away a day or two from your life. That's the price you have to pay for being a pussy I guess.

Question, why the fuck are Americans given such strong drugs when they get teeth pulled out?
I got like two injections in my jaw and after my face got numb my teeth were pulled out, my jaw got stitched up and then I drove home. Is it one of those cases where your dentist gets paid more if he uses stronger drugs or something?

the only smart reason not to get anaesthesia is for the cost per tooth. "i dont want to black out for an entire day" is really, really retarded.

but i highly suggest you understand how wisdom teeth are removed in many dental offices, because it is not pretty and probably one of the last dental surgeries i would ever not want to be put under for.

>why the fuck are Americans given such strong drugs
Because we can afford them, and we like drugs.