Why do people get triggered when confronted with the fact that we're nothing but apes?

Why do people get triggered when confronted with the fact that we're nothing but apes?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OLrYzY3jVPY
bbc.com/news/science-environment-25465102
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because that is what apes do.

take that back, I'm a human being with a soul and a mind created by God for a purpose, unlike those ugly and stupid apes.

We.Brother.

me on the right

MOOOOOOODSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Why do people get triggered when confronted with the fact that we're more than apes?

We are smart enough to recognize our inevitable death, so are inclined to feel special about ourselves as a survival tactic. But we should feel special, we're the product of millions of years of evolution.

but that doesn't change the fact ...

Because of the many stereotypes we still use today. Most people think of them as hairy children that could rip your face off, or as some sort of joke with no punchline.

Better question, why do people get triggered by any/all forms of nudity yet most of them are fine with 2 piece bikinis (even on children) that often reveal just short of everything anyway?

Isn't it obvious? People have constructed a strict set of rules that are ingrained in the subconscious and very few people ever really turn their brain on.

Yeah but i feel like its gotten a lot worse since i was in primary school, almost 20 years ago the whole class would get changed/dry ourselves right next to the pool on sports days. Even towards 12 and up most of us still just had friends hold up a towel. And that was rarely.

>humans
>apes
we even share the same humor

youtube.com/watch?v=OLrYzY3jVPY

At least im not a nigger

it's because of the pedoscare nowadays, everyone could be a pedo ogling your kids and visually stripping them of their innocence, basically stare-raping them.

I suppose but really if they arent taking pictures or being obnoxuous/obvious about it it wouldnt be hurting anyone. Like, obviously if some guy is a proper creep, teacher or parent points him out to a lifeguard/manager/staff member/authority figure. Guy gets questioned, maybe banned but definitly put on a list if theres hard proof, cameras ect.
Idk i know im ranting or blogposting or whatever but i find it hard to discuss it with normies, they tend to think im just advocating for more naked children everywhere. Meanwhile i really dont know why i dont like seeing prudishness (?)getting more commonplace. It just feels weird

guess what image I'm fapping to next?

It's because humans are generally an arrogant, narcissistic species of moral-fascists that want to place itself as separate and above all others; even as the center of the universe or in "God's image"...
Sorry, but human biology is entirely animal. We are just a derivative of apes.

All human psychological traits can even be found with other animals. Humans simply just have a lot more 'ram' in their noggins for more complex versions.

So your theory is that our species developed the arrogant ego - and from that point on the mere illusion of being relevant lead to this stage?

Then this means that it was never an illusion to start with but rather a real way of development, a real way of actually ending up living in a more real representation of the universe.

While there is no doubt that certain people's minds are so dim that they might as well be sloppily upgraded Animal minds, the differences between the collective Human experience and the known Animal experience is so great that even within the confines of Materialism we would be forced to place ourselves above all known living things.

I fapped to this book many times as a 10 year old.

No. Nothing humans do is without precedent among their animals, humans do "thinking" in general far better than any other animal, but from tool use to language to morality the difference between ourselves and the other animals are in degree, not in kind.

Human Language is mainly used for internal thinking, its exteriorization and communicative use seems to be secondary. Both functions are also infinite. Human creation, manipulation, and use of Symbol have no apparent limit. Basic Taxonomy alone would forbid us from placing ourselves among the Apes, or any other known Animals.

A smart ape is still an ape, user.

Never forget who you are, Simba.

You have no proof that animals don't internalise their own signs and signals and in fact evidence from animal dream studies suggest otherwise. Human language complexity is orders of magnitude more complex than that of dogs, but the communication systems of dolphins, birds and bats are also infinitely versatile.

Because idiots tend to have a wrong image of themselves.

Then why should we be classified as Apes? An Order whose Linguistic abilities seem to be no greater than any other Mammal's, seem to be below that of Cetaceans or even certain Birds, not to mention below ours? Classifying Humans as Apes is Taxonomically absurd OR Language is a phenomenon that doesn't abide by Material Evolution.

Brachiosaurus contemplating its place in a world of bugs: I mean...some bugs get pretty big, man.

>Then why should we be classified as Apes?

Because we are in fact apes. What kind of stupid question is this?

>Classifying Humans as Apes is Taxonomically absurd OR Language is a phenomenon that doesn't abide by Material Evolution.

What is "material evolution"?

The example of dolphins was in response to your claim that human language is infinity generative. Human language is more sophisticated than anything in nature but it is in degree, not in kind, that we are unique among all animals.

>But we should feel special, we're the product of millions of years of evolution.

But that's true for anything alive on the planet so I don't see how that makes us special.

So why don't our supposedly closest relatives exhibit Linguistic abilities anywhere near ours? Where are the degrees? Apes are about as Linguistically capable as Monkeys, and both are about as capable as Lemurs, which are about as capable as any random vertebrate - and some invertebrates like Bees.

>nothing but

Enjoy your meaningless existence. Better luck next time.

Why are people always so fucking negative about existence being meaningless?
In my personal worldview I am like mario: Just because It's not real and the scores are imaginary doesn't mean that I don't want to jump on the goomba.

Because our lineage was the only one to develop those abilities

Its a derived trait that emerged after our ancestors diverged from the other apes

I hope the irony that no evidence of Language has ever been found even when it comes to Neanderthals is not lost on you.

As of 2016 the claim that we were generated by the Evolutionary process and that we classify as Apes is unsupported by evidence and not falsifiable.

An irony so perfect that it's almost...divine?

>no evidence of Language has ever been found even when it comes to Neanderthals is not lost on you.
bbc.com/news/science-environment-25465102

No evidence huh?

>As of 2016 the claim that we were generated by the Evolutionary process and that we classify as Apes is unsupported by evidence and not falsifiable.
Virtually every biologist on earth would disagree with you. Also its entirely falsifiable, all you would need to find is a structure whose evolution is impossible or extremely implausible

B L A C K E D
L
A
C
K
E
D

The hyoid bone is not connected to any other bones so its position in a living organism would be very hard to deduce from a fossil. I also fail to see any relation between it and Language. The number of potential morphemes that a Chimpanzee or a Grasshopper is Anatomically capable of generating is about the same as that of a Human's. The hyoid bone being no more relevant to Language generation than sinus volume, posture, or whether your skeleton is internal or external.

As to your second point, there you go, Language. A structure, a function, a process, a world unprecedented in known Nature.

Actually I misread that last part...

Going to bed. RIP