I think it's best if we start now

How do we stop the end of the universe, or escape it if nothing can be done to save it?

I am terrified at the thought of a conscious being experiencing the slow decay at end of all things, and I would do anything to keep that from happening.

It's time to begin the think tank, Veeky Forums, to lay the foundation for our salvation.

We could start a new universe. Some believe that has already happened.

Turtles all the way down user

Bump

The salvation is the heat death of the universe.

>I am terrified at the thought of a conscious being experiencing the slow decay at end of all things, and I would do anything to keep that from happening.
Then it sounds like it's on future generations to stop having kids when it gets close to the end of the universe.

travel back in time, to the beginning of the universe

Go watch PMMM, there is a solution proposed therein.

If the universe is a simulation, there must be a way for information to "get to the other side". Either we are the output of a program or we are the computation itself. If it is the former then there is a way to trascend the simulation.

If it's not a simulation it's still hopeless - however it may be in a physical form it implies many words - incomprehensible amount of branching for every single particle, and then u realize that the instance of the big bang itself is branched where the quantum fluctuations were sightly different resulting in future different positioning of galaxies less or more matter and so on - there's so much reality getting generated at every point that there's no hope for anything - it's just an eternal garbage / mess.

You only know a story. That story isn't a simulation because that assumes a reality you can know. It is just that the story is all you can know.

The narrative universe you build is a representation, made through recursion. There is nothing outside of the representation that you can know. But just because it is a story, doesn't mean it is not useful to be believed.
You recursed to this story your whole life, rejecting what wasn't useful to be believed.

The brain is a sense organ that senses itself, then sense itself sensing itself.

The story isn't real; it doesn't exist. The reality doesn't need a story of itself; it simply is.

It is the story, it is consciousness that doesn't exist.

Like spinning a weight on the end of a string, centrifugal force does not exist. It is simply the misinterpretation of the force holding the string together, and the tendency for the weight to travel in a strait line. But centripetal force doesn't need centrifugal force to exist.

You are just the centrifugal force that doesn't exist...

This will save us

Underrated post.

Samefag

can a character from a videogame ever come out of the video and be "alive"? no, because it's just a charge on a magnet. nothing more than marks on a sheet of paper

Overrated post.

Shamefag.

Atheist logics

I posted this in another thread:

I'm largely in favour of the simulation theory. To me it is the most logical explanation of our universe. However, this doesn't help much with the concept of consciousness. In-fact, consciousness in a simulation seems somewhat counter-intuitive.

So if this is all a simulation maybe there is a chance that we will "wake up" in some higher universe. Such a fascinating thought, would we suddenly wake up, just connected to a machine.

I am wondering about these higher universe beings, I have a feeling that they might look like us, because that could likely be something they would like to simulate.

What if this is all a game for them? What if when I die I wake up and its like a recreational activity of plugging yourself in and forgetting all your previous knowledge just to be born again as a 'game'. To live out this whole life, die, then reawaken in the overworld with this experience.

I also think it is possible that these simulations could be run for knowledge purposes, to simulate worlds with different initial conditions and to explore the different outcomes.

To me the simulation theory is also very solipsistic, how do I know that you are actually experiencing consciousness like I am? How can I tell that everyone else in this universe is just a simulated robot and I am the player?

Honestly I am so fucking scared, I don't like thinking about it and would rather be blissfully ignorant. The existential crisis is strong.

Also to all those retards suggesting 'reincarnation'. I think it is a heavily flawed concept. How does reincarnation make any sense if you retain no memory of your past life? What difference would normal birth be from reincarnation?

I would greatly appreciate anyone's thoughts.

If you created a videogame with a true AI as a character there is the possibility the AI could become aware it's in a simulation and they attempt to exploit the simulation to escape it.

>What if when I die I wake up and its like a recreational activity of plugging yourself in and forgetting all your previous knowledge just to be born again as a 'game'.
I thought of this before but then... why would anyone play a game as shitty as this?

Go and ready Grant/Naylor's better than life.

No, seriously. Go on.

Can I get a tldr? I don't ever read fiction

Well, there's a plot synopsis on Wikipedia, but that won't actually help.
Oh well.

Nice digits. Were you being sarcstic?
>"In the books, the user's imagination would create a scenario where they won the lottery, or created a successful business, so they could buy the car." (from wiki)
So if I don't work for it, I won't feel happy about it? that's not very profound desu.

schopenhauer is bretty good, yes

To be honest, watching how the universe ends would be pretty romantic
And this is what humans in the future would listen to www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSoOFn3wQV4&app=desktop&persist_app=1

Of what we know right now, there's nothing we can nor ever will be able to do

The only logic. You can think otherwise but in the end you're just pretending that unicorns are real.

You can't stop it. Everything will die. Nothing lasts forever. Get over it.

Why not find a way to generate white holes to bring in energy to the universe from X?

/thread

you don't stop entropy, instead you create a simulation of the universe so fast every nanosecond is a millenia

>What if this is all a game for them? What if when I die I wake up and its like a recreational activity of plugging yourself in and forgetting all your previous knowledge just to be born again as a 'game'. To live out this whole life, die, then reawaken in the overworld with this experience.
>I also think it is possible that these simulations could be run for knowledge purposes, to simulate worlds with different initial conditions and to explore the different outcomes.
>To me the simulation theory is also very solipsistic, how do I know that you are actually experiencing consciousness like I am? How can I tell that everyone else in this universe is just a simulated robot and I am the player?
Holy shit are you me?

Yes

do you guys follow the Heat Death theory? I'm skeptical tßh, it seems like an application of a rule out of context