Climate Change Solutions General

How does Veeky Forums solve climate change?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=90CkXVF-Q8M
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_radiation_management#Marine_cloud_brightening
youtu.be/Mc_4Z1oiXhY?t=54m30s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Remove elected officials who deny climate change.

Make financial incentives for companies to pour research into renewable energy.

Massive carbon tax.

It's either that, or the Earth, and all life on it is permanently destroyed. We only have 20 years left before it's irreversible, and we are on the trajectory to permanent extinction.

Celebrity endorsements and maybe a McDonalds' happy meal toy. We can call it "Globey the Globe."

not a bad idea, but this film probably has some good ideas too
youtube.com/watch?v=90CkXVF-Q8M

>20 years
optimistic, we'll reach 450ppm before that

exterminate the googles with one massive google hangout

Remove /pol/

(((climate change)))

Another world war.
Increased amount of gases is only effect, the real cause are humans. There are too many people, Earth haven't yet seen so many, and it can't deal with it.

What planet is China on again?

Invest in nuclear power.
Limit coal usage.
Plant more trees.

>Plant more trees.

> places with increasing deforestation and places with outdated power production have the most CO2 production.
I don't see a problem here.

Dude totally needs a gold chain in that picture. Maybe some gold rings. A little bling bling and people would take him seriously

Iron fertilize is the the upper ocean to stimulate a phytoplankton bloom.
Literally suck the Carbon dioxide out of the air.

>How does Veeky Forums solve climate change?
Probably by via positiva instead of via negativa.

Hope it works. The prospect of positive feedback loops making it worse is spooky.

Why didn't you listen, Veeky Forums?

Climate change is a conspiracy to get you to spend money elsewhere and to make you afraid of a new boogeyman

I'm a Vagan so my methane footprint should be pretty low. Except my farts.

send more celebrities and washed up politicians on working vacations around the world on private jets.

Nuclear Fussion. Let's hope that just this one time Lockheed Martin isn't scaming the world

You sure seem trustworthy, Satan.

80% of the nitrogen in your body is a direct result of Haber-Bosch. The primary feedstock for hydrogen -- in the process of ammonia fertilizer -- is methane from natural gas. Think again, retard

What's your point?
China is a main factory of the whole world.

ITT everyone has the same tired ideas that have been kicking around since this discussion of climate chaos first began. No originality has proceeded in years. Everyone still refuses to change their behavior

Agreed. I drove to this climate change seminar, and tweeted this exact same thing.

Genocide all non-whites.
We will have 6 billion less people, which would improve the enviroment considerably.
Turn the whole continents of Asia and Africa into enormous national parks so animals can be protected from humans.
only tourists and trampers would be allowed to visit, all permanent settlements on those continents would be banned.

I'm subscribed to an environmental newsletter. I only buy green products and I recycle. So, this is clearly everyone else's fault. Follow me on twitter @ecosavior

This is your fault, faggots

I just got a new phone that allows me to follow you on twitter even better. Do you know that if everyone on Earth on bought an electric/hybrid car, we would do so much to help global warming?
#bethechange

Why do I find that image so beautiful?

I don't know why people don't get it. If you recycle your old tech and get the new stuff, it's so much more energy efficient

That's just the artist's D slamming into the cervix in the back of your head.

>implying all curves are lines
you're on Veeky Forums, not /b/

Came for the futility, stayed for the satire

>le climate change is impossible to stop meme

all those developing countries want the same lifestyle we have enjoyed in the west for the passed 100 years. they're gonna get it either way. either we solve clean energy and make money, or they do

At first, I thought that have never been inferred upon so hard in all my days as a Veeky Forums subscriber. But then I thought a little further.

Climate change may be possible to mitigate, but
I have yet to see any evidence that the sea change required to do so is likely in any of the full span of history of human civilizations. Eventually, after enough of the world's coastal cities have been flooded and abandoned, some countries may decide that renouncing the western lifestyle and the goal making money are possible, but no one has yet to propose an actionable plan for how either of those would be implemented.

War makes more people, just take the boomers carbon away, along with DiCaprio. Christ, I want to slap that stupid smirk off his face so badly. Doesn't he have another cowboy and Indian movie to make or something?

>We only have 20 years left before it's irreversible,

Again?

We can already live without petroleum and coal industries but petroleum and coal industries cannot live without us.

SO2, pumped in relatively small quantities into the stratosphere, problem solved. Volcanoes do this from time to time, for a short period. When that happens, the globe cools. There are no doomsday repercussions, in spite of naysayers, because it is the same damn stuff the volcanoes spray with no horrible consequences. But if it turns out there is a downside you don't like, turn off the pump and about a year later it has all been degraded and fallen out.

The only reason to oppose that plan is that it solves the problem without allowing people with an ideology from exploiting it to advance an agenda. (Which I hate to even mention lest I sound /pol/ish, but that's just the way it is. NO solutions will be considered that do not advance the ideology.)

>live without petroleum
You realize most plastics, paints, resins, rubbers, solvents, detergents, and lubricants are petroleum based, yes? Modern chemistry is reliant on cracking long chain hydrocarbons. Society doesn't function without petroleum.

Is there any little chance that climate change is exaggerated / not harmful / not so certain?

How certain is this? What's the most certain part? What's the least certain? Please answer

It's 100% certain. The most certain part is that if we do nothing, we're fucked. The least certain part is when exactly will the fucking commence and to what extent.

It's not all bad. Sure Europe and America will be wrecked, but Siberia, northern Canada and Antarctica will be liveable and overall the amount of productive land would go up if all the ice melted.

We go to space.

rekt and I kekked

SO2 aerosols have to continually be pumped. Otherwise the temperatures snap back quickly. You also increase your chances of forest killing acid rain.

Dumping iron sulfate poweder into the ocean to cause algae blooms, is a better idea.

T H O R I U M
H
O
R
I
U
M

It's 100% computer simulation of every carbon molecule on the surface, inside the planet and in the atmosphere and their effect on global climate. It is 100% projection based on some ridiculous assumptions pumped into some over powered computers and massaged to spit out an output of pure climate doom. Every single one of these projections has been wrong so far. It's like any religion really, preposterous yet the number of converts is directly related to the quantity of dogma forced down the collective gullet. In the case of AGW, it's been a veritable smörgåsbord for one generation now, by the third generation is will be cemented into an ideology for the ages.

>It's either that, or the Earth, and all life on it is permanently destroyed.
You underestimate the diversity and adaptability of life on Earth. Humans could be wiped out by a bit of global warming. All life would not.

this
h
i
s

also, sorry user, but thorium is currently a crazy autists dream. not many people will buy on to it like we already have.

You underestimate the diversity and adaptability of humans. It's going to be us and cockroaches duking it out for last genome standing.

I'm not a betting man, but the roaches will totally win that round.

I dunno. Think about how the Inuit made it, and then tell me we're not more adaptable than roaches.

find a way to counteract the amount of carbon going into the atmosphere. We're smart enough to look at previous depositional cycles and work out how much was needed for various ice house phases.

Just fucking get rid of the entire atmosphere. Climate will be pretty constant after that

and thickening sea fog

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_radiation_management#Marine_cloud_brightening

youtu.be/Mc_4Z1oiXhY?t=54m30s

Reduce the population.

This. However, we won't die off. Much of the population will.

I'm afraid that change won't come until 25% of the population is starving or dying from pollution.

Tax people who spout this bullshit. Trying to scare everyone with the world ends in x years because of gw helps no one.

Stop investing in meme energy like wind and solar. Spend that money on something that can be cost effective, like nuclear, or space.

How is Space cost effective?

There's not much we can do, the world has cut down a lot on air pollutants from not relying as much on coal as we used to. However there are volcanos and other uncontrollable variables.

The best way is nuclear energy, it is literally the shit and produces less pollutants than coal.

Introduce China's one-child-policy worldwide for a few generations until there are only 1 billion humans left on earth and then keep the number

Why contain it? Let it spill over into the schools and churches, let the bodies pile up in the streets. In the end, they'll beg us to save them.
Climate scientists are the future.

Easy, user. Just create matter in empty space and reap the resulting waves of energy pouring out of your experiment

that will never happen. population curbing is not something that is a reasonable, or even viable solution. it's non-enforceable.

the technology to go to clean energy exists today, right now. if we stop subsidizing fossil fuels so that people have to pay the real price for fossil fuels while simultaneously shifting those subsidies to clean energy technology they'll go "damn, this shit is way to fucking expensive, imma go for the cheaper alternative"

Genocide

More specifically excessive consumer genocide, bye bye America.

It's real, but from what I've se
en, incredibly exaggerated so people can point to it to advance whatever shit they're pushing.

>Vagan
Time to purge

For years scientists understated the risks and evidence both for fear of seeming alarmist and because no policymakers actually wanted to hear that everything wasn't 'business as usual'.

Now, when it's pretty much too late, they're finally bringing the full effects to the table and (surprise surprise) being branded as alarmists, and people are saying it can't possibly be that bad or else they'd have heard about it sooner. Seriously though, if we continue at this current rate the world is fairly considerably fucked. All life isn't going to end, let's make no mistake about that - the natural world will trundle along fine. It's just going to become very uncomfortable for humans when the societal impacts of the climate changes really hit. Sea level rise alone is going to displace, at absolute bare rock bottom mimimum if we pull a complete turnaround and go carbon negative within a decade, 30 million people. If people are whining about migrants already then the coming nationalist shitstorm is going to be gale force.

- Wind, wave, and solar power

- Eco friendly cities: skyscrapers that produce their own energy

- Communal travel and decentralization of jobs to reduce traffic and increase living space

- Electric/biodiesel cars, airplanes, and ships

- Artificial meat, or just tax on bovine meat products

>born just in time to witness the extinction of mankind, virtual waifus, year 2000 and Elon Musk

Hell fucking yeah, best time to be alive.

>Wind wave and solar power
I seriously hope that you're not suggesting that the developed world rely on these.
>Tax on bovine meat products
DUDE FUCK THE POOR LMAO
Taxing things won't solve them, and you're just going to create more of a burden on the lower and middle classes.

>DUDE FUCK THE POOR LMAO
>you're just going to create more of a burden on the lower and middle classes.

Wonderful response right there, you sure showed me with your children's cartoons.

>meat products get charged the actual cost
>veggies are cheaper than meat products
>poor become healthier
What's the problem here?

>I seriously hope that you're not suggesting that the developed world rely on these.
they will use the cheapest source of energy, so nuclear is out of question as well

>Taxing things won't solve them
you're telling me punitive taxing doesn't work?

>you're telling me punitive taxing doesn't work?

>New York City
>cigarettes are $14 a pack
>smokers everywhere

I guarantee you there are fewer smokers and that smokers smoke less when the prices are higher than when they were lower.

lemme guess

you voted trump

No need for insults, he has a point that taxes don't eliminate the problem completely. But nothing ever will and we'll always have some reliance on fossil fuels somewhere in the world. The overall goal is to reduce consumption and there are many options to accomplish the goal.

I'm one of like five people on this site who didn't.

I'm just really into anecdotes.

What makes you get some joy from accouncing the world you're retarded ?

the problem i have with that anecdote is that it stands to challenges whether punitive taxing works or not based on a personal, non-numerical observation

I witnessed over ten people smoking in the city of New York.

so

>"I watched 10+ people smoke in New York after tax on cigarettes was put in effect/increased, therefor, the change did not reduce the number of smokers"

i hope you see the problem here

????????????????????????

this is basic statistics

you should probably look it up

Easy. Switch to nuclear energy. We seriously should have fucking done this many decades ago.

this. climate change has been documented, researched, and thoroughly catalogued since the early 20th century. just like tobacco, just like sugar.

it's only just now that people are starting to listen though

?????????????????????????????????

desu, i started eating chicken, and lamb more than beef because 1) i like it better, and 2) beef isn't good for you if you eat it too much

still like a delicious hamburger or steak about once every few months, but i have better things to do than care too much about expensive cow meat, which doesn't even have as good of a flavor as lamb or goat

>which doesn't even have as good of a flavor as lamb or goat
but that's just my personal opinion. most other americans probably don't even like goat

Never tried goat, but lamb is the king of domesticated meat as far as flavor.

yes, and all the normies will be like: "we couldn't see it coming *sadface"

shwarma is baae

>we ignore weather modification ;^)
>we ignore geoengineering ;^)
>we turn everyone upside until every person spills coins out of their pockets it helps climate ;^)
>this is the treatment for climate change, there is no cure or solution for it.
>???
hmm, somehow it the topic is the problem and is also the solution

space hotels? space tourism?