Is it true that red meat increases cancer and heart disease?

Is it true that red meat increases cancer and heart disease?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3356951/
aad.org/media/stats/prevention-and-care/vitamin-d-and-uv-exposure
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

As a licensed doctor, I can tell you that it does not. Eat well and exercise and you'll be fine.

Can you post a picture of a tomato using your stethoscope to check up on a potato?

No but here is a picture of a pineapple checking the vitals on a grapefruit while being observed by an onion.

Any questions

Is the onion a nurse or a med student?

Yes, but so do a lot of things, like exposing yourself to sunlight. Moderation mate.

Med student in a preceptor ship. She's nice when caramelized.

>sunlight
I bet you have a gf.

breathing increases risk of cancer

colon cancer maybe.

Just stay clear of processed meats and don't eat char grilled meat every night

This is a bad analogy. A moderate amount of sunlight ensures optimal vitamin D production. Vitamin D is an antioxidant and will more than cancel the effects of any UV damage during the exposure. Eating red meat has no such benefit.

Source?

I couldn't find a source for what he said regarding vitamin D canceling UV damage, but I found this article with a ton of useful info. The RDA for vitamin D is 600 IU (see aad link), while the amount of vitamin D produced from borderline sunburn (one minimal erythemal dose of UV radiation) was 16-42 times as much. So basically if you expose yourself for at most 1/16 of the time it takes for you to get the weakest sunburn possible, you'll get all of your vitamin D for the day without needing any dietary sources (which also apparently last half as long in the blood as sun-produced vitamin D).

Figure the average white person takes maybe an hour of direct exposure in the middle of summer to reach the min erythemal dose, we're talking 4 minutes with your shirt off in the summer to avoid D deficiency. The article also details all of the problems with vitamin D deficiency and the health drawbacks, so I'm gonna form my own opinion and say it's worth it. Of course in the winter it's pretty much impossible to get any UV exposure, so supplementation becomes important.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3356951/
aad.org/media/stats/prevention-and-care/vitamin-d-and-uv-exposure

Very interesting. Thank you for posting this.

everything causes cancer

Might as well smoke 2 packs of cigs a day then right? :^)

If you go to the WHO website and look how cancerous red meat is you'll see it's safer than sunlight. Almost everything can increase your risk to cancer but most of those things do so by so little that it's not something to actually worry about.

Might as well stay in a bubble right? :^)

Way to take it to extremes, retard.

I was mirroring.
OH THE OVERWHELMING IRONY~

Kinda like you did, right?

If two packs a day is extreme to you, then you should really get your head checked and meet more people. Try not being a blathering retard. :^)

Only because it is often charred or preserved with nitrates. Inherent risks are negligible.

>thinks because everything causes cancer OP should smoke 2 packs a day
Well if that's what makes you happy go for it babe. ;*

I'm on three packs a day, unfiltered.

Get on my level, ya casuals. :^)

Being a vegetarian increases your chance of colon/rectal cancer.

Eating more than 10% of your diet in meat increases your chance of every other kind of cancer.

It's not a big increase either way.

I stopped eating meat and find I feel more energetic. Try either eating meat, or not eating meat, and see how it makes you feel.