When's the last time you had a good old-fashioned greaseburger?

When's the last time you had a good old-fashioned greaseburger?

I mean like the stuff they served in the '50s, before cardiac health was a concern.

Are you implying burgers are now somehow more healthy than they used to be?

Our forefathers ate burgers that would send the typical "meme"lennial into a spastic shock

No. I mean burgers that aren't fast food or gastropubs, but stuff cooked in a chrome-laden diner, dripping with grease, no cheese but cheddar or American, maybe some grilled onions, but just fucking dripping with grease and tasting delicious because who gives a fuck?

>current year
>still eating the bovine jew

this guy gets it.

haha that pic is funny that guy looks dumb lol.

Are you stroking out? What's this weird idea you have about 50's burgers? Faggot

The kind of burger OP is talking about is clearly a different style than that you'd find at, say, McDonalds.

Main reason is that they typically cook the buns in the burger's grease.

But people were thinner in the 1950's. Wouldn't that imply that burgers were smaller too?

i think a more accurate assumption would be that we eat a lot more empty calories these days. they're cheap, tasty and convenient, but leave us hungry shortly after eating.

they just ate them in moderation, and more people were in labor intensive jobs

it wasn't like today's fatties who get fast food multiple times a week and drink a soda with at least 1 meal a day, and then just sit at a computer from 9-5

At Top's BBQ in Memphis a month ago. It looks just about like the pic and they toast the buns in the hamburger grease. Fucking delicious. No frills, no bullshit. You don't have to unhinge your jaws like a snake even with the double cheeseburger. Just incredibly flavorful greasy burger. Highly recommend, 10/10.

Are you fucking 15 years old?

It's been so long that I can't remember. maybe 2002

Found this on their Yelp page. Looks legit

hahahahahaha

They toned down the grease in their Yelp picture. The one I had, the buns were greasy as hell, which was great because it was hamburger fat.

husky house king of the road burger when i was 22 and working in forestry back in beautiful 2007

Mother of god that looks good

About an hour and a half ago.

..au..then..tic.... American burgers??

I have a lot of nostalgia for Ruby's cheeseburgers I ate as a kid. Not a burger person now, but man...

cottage cheese? dafuk?

There's nothing that's a better guilty pleasure than a retardedly greasy burger from the dirt tracks.

Cottage cheese is a common side dish in many meals at American restaurants.

>greaseburger
that would be five guys

as a border town canadian who has been to nearly every state, this is news and surprising to me

Still good desu

daily reminder that a McDonald's Happy Meal, targeted at 11 and under, was exactly what the restaurant started with as a hearty lunchtime meal for grown adults
>1.6oz burger
>60g fried potatoes
>8oz cola or ice cream shake

that's enough fucking food, hammies. enough.
>tfw when you are a grown man and order a happy meal
>smugelf.jpg

They were, sodas were smaller too though, and people ate out less, and they walked more, and they didn't have a gorillion snacks on command in the pantry, and food wasn't turboloaded with pounds of sugar/corn syrup

Is that a burger from a can?

aye. a bit pricey but worth it if you're trying to kick a hangover.

As evidence, I submit this McDonald's placemat from 1986. It clearly shows what they claim is a meal from a typical restaurant, and it includes cottage cheese.

A cheeseburger from Five Guys is pretty close to how it was. I suggest getting ketchup mustard and mayo on top.

Nothing will ever come close to the way Big Boy used to be though.

yeah but it says it's a "diet meal" and cottage cheese was a stereotypical diet food for decades. of course it'd be included.

not saying you're wrong either, you might be right. just that that picture is not really good evidence for it being a common side.

I'm not the guy you're talking to, but I think it probably depends on where you live in this country.

Cottage cheese as a side is pretty big in Midwestern / Rust Belt white areas.

that's ok, I'm not the guy he was talking to either. and yeah that makes sense about the midwest/rust belt.

really consider something so simple that if you were in an office and had to tell someone something, you had to actually get up and walk into their office to talk to them
if you had a message for a lot of people you had to actually write out paper memos and leave them on their desks

now you just send an email and never have to even stand up

if you wanted to drive your car you had to crank it by hand to get it to start
if you wanted a drink of water you had to pump the lever to draw it through the pipes

certainly it's great we don't have to do those things anymore, but there are consequences for convenience

and now instead of maintaining weight naturally we have to set aside time to 'exercise'

>tfw your local 1950s burger drive in still exists because it's family owned and operated and they own the building

>tfw it's walking distance from your house and you would get it all the time after school with your friends or stop there on a summer afternoon before heading down the road to the beach

big boys are still around, I love them

shut, that sounds comfy as fuck

Wow you're so brave for posting this

Had one and some nice fries from a place called Keller's a few days ago, was great.

Calories in, calories out

You can't explain that

>implying grease is bad for you

in the 60's sugar companies paid scientists to conclude fat causes heart disease. When sugar actually does

if thats true then burgers have gotten wayyyyyy fucking better.

5guys is the lowest tier burger ever. Id rather have in n out

The war on fat is what caused the obesity and depression epidemics in the first place. Fat makes people feel full, also is a part of the creation of neurotransmitters linked to mood. The fed took away fats and replaced them with sugars. In 50 years we are gonna look back at this the same way we look back at DDT now

I make my own burgers at home, the meat contains more fat than fast food places im sure, but the sauce, condiments etc.. are all home made and contain no sugar. I also make my own buns at times and unlike fast food places they also contain no sugar. So although the meat is fattier, and there's more of it, my burger would probably contain less calories than a big mac, for example.

I agree with this
fat was never the problem

These still exist everywhere
Five guys is a thing, in n out is a thing, Whataburger is a thing, shake shack is a thing.
These burgers never went anywhere

Fat was never the problem, it's all these health fad retards that are the problem.

>SALT IS THE PROBLEM
>now people get thyroid issues because they don't eat their salt (iodized)
>FAT IS THE PROBLEM
>now people don't get their necessary fats for healthy brain function and brain disease cases increase in number
etc. etc.

You know why people are obese? Because they're eating too fucking much! It doesn't get more complicated than that.

You only say that because 5 Guys is too expensive for what it is.

My brothers. The 10 minute drive for me is always worth it.

I made a burger a few months ago or so back that was hand ground with beef fat chunks.

It ended up being 40/60;....that's right, 60% fat

and final weight was 3/4 LB

>LC's

Hayes is where it's at.

that aint nothing you faggot, i make a 20/80 burgers all the time. i dont even have to chew the burger

actually no. They are dried out low quality meat

Women could have 3000 calorie diets back then and still be thin. Turns out that they didn't lead as much of sedentary lives, even just getting up constantly for mundane things since not everything is perfectly coordinated and on a remote keeps you thinner.

We could all be eating a lot more and weigh less if we just sat around way less.

>dafuk

Dried out? Every time I have a burger from there the bun is wetter than a lake from the patty.

because they dry the patties out and shove the buns into the grease left behind and then pour it over the fries

>A regular greasy burger with cheddar and onions
Again, are you weirdo fucks implying that modern burgers are somehow less greasy or cheesy?

>implying that modern burgers are somehow less greasy

Depends entirely on where you get them. A diner or mom-n-pop place will probably serve burgers like OP is discussing.

If you go to a fast food place the burgers will be a lot more dry.

See

Probably the change from animal dripping to vegetable oil is what they are on about.

That would make sense

No, we're talking about the cooking style.

Fast food burgers have become quite lean due to the hype about "unhealthy fast food" in recent years. The buns are totally dry.

The old-school burgers that OP is referring to are made with fattier meat, cooked to order, and the buns are typically cooked in the grease on the flattop. That's quite different than what you'd get at McD's or BK.

We still have that in my country. It's just the America fast food chains that have a different style.

Plenty of chippers around to order a burger deep fried in batter with cheese, lettuce, special sauce and a fried burger bun

Do they really? Have you worked there? I've watched them make it and I never saw that happen.

That always cracks me up
>THIS FAST FOOD NEEDS TO BE MORE HEALTHFUL
Dumb shits it's fast food. It's not supposed to be healthful it's supposed to be fast.

Yes "All burgers are cooked to well done"
Why does Five Guys only serve burgers cooked well done?

By cooking all of our burgers juicy and well done we are able to achieve two goals.

Ensure a consistent product
Meet or exceed health code standards for ground beef

We understand that there are varying opinions on what level a burger should be cooked for optimal flavor and our opinion is that our burgers taste best cooked juicy and well done.

>juicy and well done
This is a joke right

It's straight from their website. Whether they are joking or not, I do not know.

Christ. I'm never blowing $7 on a burger there again.

>We still have that in my country.

I'm sure you do. We have plenty of them in the US as well. I was just explaining the difference to another user.

I mean, they ARE greasy and the bun is greasy. But they cook to well done and you have no choice in it even for the price. I don't know what makes them greasy but I think they confuse greasy with juicy.

Yea I'll certainly agree with you on that one. Their burgers are nothing if not greasebombs.

Went to Five Guys tonight. It's a contender.

you mean burgers that were cooked on a very dirty and poorly maintained griddle covered in grease and burnt beef remnants? years ago. and it was in a shitty little diner in the middle of nowhere.

where can you get these kind of murrican grease bombs in adelaide, australia? they look fucking delicious.

Order delivery from Hawaii

He's talking about the burgers not the locals user

Dicks in Seattle fits the bill. Not my favorite, but cheap and greasy as fuck.

Surely Australia has some good burgers somewhere.

Anyone else got a burger-fuel in their county?

I just get the normal burgah because that alone is bigger than anything you could get at BK or Mc'D but I like the name they gave the double cheeseburger
they call it "The Greedy Bastard"

its funny watching the girl at the counter call when the order is ready and yell greedy bastard and the fatty has go "yep, thats me"

you know, 5 guys gets shit on a lot here but i have to say that burger looks just fine

Definitely a cheat meal kind of burger to me

The second meal is higher in calories and whatnot but the ad completely ignores the healthier benefits of option B.

Goddamn lack of scientific evaluation

It carries over from the cultural preferences of those who settled in those places

>Germans
>Dutch
>Irish

If your daily intake was 2000 calories and you had the choice of two meals consisting of a McMeal that was 2000 calories and a HealthMeal that was 3000 calories you would become fatter when eating only the HealthMeal regardless of the health benefits over the McMeal

muh food boner

*sucks on ur food boner*
meow owo

>>>/reddit/

fried egg on burger master race

White Castle is still in business.