It really is true what people say

cal3 is a joke, I'm kind of annoyed. they honestly could have condensed all of this into two courses instead of three

Other urls found in this thread:

mathinsight.org/stokes_theorem_idea
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i think it is OK. leaves more space to discuss series and some analysis topics in first year. still, it's fucking boring to take.

that was the 4th class we had :(
1) Differentiation
2) Integration
3) Series and Sequences
4) Multidimensional integration

that series makes way more sense than splitting integration in half and cramming it into 1 and 2.
just wait to try and wrap your head around stokes' theorem.

Couldn't agree more. And series seems kind of non-sequitir when it's just stuffed into a couple weeks of calc II. It's important enough to deserve its own course.

it kind of was at my school. standard calc sequence was followed by advanced calc (analysis in R, series out the ASS), then your standard Rudin level course

>cal3 is a joke, I'm kind of annoyed. they honestly could have condensed all of this into two courses instead of three
In Europe they do put them into two course, at least at my uni.

in europe everyone learns faster because they don't have all the bullshit "core" classes that americans have to do

Indeed... or they drop out. Lol

I did calc in two courses at my college.

What's the point of learning all this stuff if it can be easily calculated? Engineering is a joke. In my CS math courses I barely enconter any numbers. Its all proofs.

>Feel when calc 3 professor doesn't know about \iint and \iiint

What's so complicated about Stoke's theorem. Just know if your boundary curve is positive. Finding the normal should be easy and the rest is calc 2 math.

My uni did it this way:
1: analysis and series
2. multidimensional analysis
3. linear algebra
4. complex analysis + LP and Fourier

Duly anticipate the day you dont get hired because you cant do anything useful

>american have courses where all they do is calculation
literally wtf

mathinsight.org/stokes_theorem_idea
It's not that it's complicated, it's that there are small subtleties at play that can lead you astray in a larger problem. Once you have a feel for them, great, but getting there can be frustrating.

Yeah, usually calc3 in Europe is LP, Fourier and PDE

Because your solid (let's call you open subset a solid " can have some angles, countable non differentiable points or more frightening : non countable non differentiable points. Do you understand why the proof is so hard ?

You must use manifolds and geometric differential to prove it.

Russian here. Can confirm. Differential and integral calculi were in the second semester.

All I've learned is that American education is a meme

Really makes you think