Inflection

How many fucking inflection points are there on this graph? I tried everything from 1-6 inflection points, first determining 3 (CFH) and then 4 (CFHI) but apparently those are still wrong. And there are apparently more than 6??????

help me out, please tell me how many there are.

Looks like zero to me.

First approach:
Inflection = was convex up (f'' < 0) but started being convex down (f'' > 0) / vice versa / straight

Your plot reads as:
(straight?), convex up, convex down, convex up, convex down, convex up, convex down, (straight?)
Hence 5(+2?) point of inflection

Second approach:
Inflection = point with zero curvature (can be best locally approximated with "circle" of infinite radius).
Here you see one such point at the very beginning (not clear), than at ~C, F, ~H, I, K and probably the very end (not clear)
Hence again 5(+2?)

H is the only inflection point, second derivative is zero but it's not a min nor a max

And this

Next I have this graph. I determined that there were 6 inflection points, being BCDFGH, but that too was incorrect.

Yep, because past H you have K and L

Also wrong, according to the online assignment site I'm using.

unless y-you're bullying me . . .

idk user, i counted 5

no wait 6, there looks like one before a maybe? it's really hard to tell with this graph.

L is not an inflection point. K is. So CFHIK

No, the assignment I'm completing now allows for partial credit. One input for an answer is the number of inflection points, the other is the letters corresponding with said points. I entered 5 already, and then I tried CFHIK, like stated, but it was still a 0%. If either one was right.

This is a reaaaaaaaaaaaalllly fucky problem

Try adding A to the answer. It looks very much like an infliction point.

>L is not an inflection point
Yep, I was talking on another plot, this one.

Are you talking about ?
Since I'm pretty much sure with this one.

BCDFGHKL

Yeah, that was also wrong...

This problem is college calc I and I did this back in high school (AB/BC) but I'm still trying everything and getting it wrong. Idk if it's the platform I'm using to submit the assignment, but every other problem I've done (there are 18 total, these two graphs are the last ones left) works out.

Dunno, perhaps the input format is unusual somehow?

Does it accept to you at least one problem among those on inflection points?

Nah. It's either all of them or incorrect.

A C F H I K

>How many fucking inflection points are there on this graph? I tried everything from 1-6 inflection points, first determining 3 (CFH) and then 4 (CFHI) but apparently those are still wrong. And there are apparently more than 6??????
>
>help me out, please tell me how many there are.
3, BEJ

you glorious fucking bastard

thank you

Lol those called extrema points

But apparently the assignment counted it as 100%. Idfk man, it took it, even though it specifically asks for inflection points.

Well, whoever set the question needs to be publicly shamed for their incompetence.

B,E,J are extrema, not inflection points.

I don't think L is an inflection point, it could just go on straight it's hard to tell...If that doesn't work just fuck it and go with the extrema.

You must be using Webwork OP. Tfw I know your frustration with it.