Al/ck/ General

New one because old one is almost at bump limit. Currently drinking some nice cold Russian Standard neat. I hate myself, I hate this world, I don't want help. Come on anons get in here.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YPOcx59qmlw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Good ol skol

Veeky Forums is not your blog and is not /da/ - Depression & Abuse

alcohol is welcome but no one cares that you pretend to have a problem

Hi Welcome to Veeky Forums. I see you are pretty new here and don't realize that al/ck/ threads have a special place on this board. I encourage you to browse more but post less until you are not a shitty fedora fuck pissing on everyone's bonfire :^)

Any other alkies been drinking Knob Creek? Got a bottle earlier Satuday and it's mostly gone.

gibs me pls that looks delicious

Fuck outta here faggot

Where do you think you are dick face? Leave and never come back.

you can't even drink 18 beers a day anymore without some johnny come lately telling you what kind of drinker you are. Pish Posh

Last of it and some trash chicken.

>tfw taking tonight off drinking

Feels kinda good, kinda bad, man

Exactly you tell that faggot

>5. But who was on the phone?!?!
i'm more pissed than i care to admit about that line being wrong

I can sympathize. I don't have any liquor in the house, so I'm trying to stay put until the store closes so the option isn't there anymore. Feeling kind of edgy.

On nights I don't drink, I go from feeling incredibly bored and anxious, to being proud of myself.

I am in the same boat. 2 blocks from home slam a pint of vodka and then nurse a six pack through the night. Help anons what do I do?

not only did I not notice it in the pic, but I also didn't notice it in your post until like the fourth time rereading

You do that so your family doesn't think you have a serious problem right? Yeah I remember your thread.

i am to drink jagermeister, how do i store it? refrigerator, freezer? what temperature?

You need to be 18+ to post here

Here

Please try to read this though. Are you able to answer yes to any question? If so please take a minute to think about it. How does it make you feel?

it's not all that applicable to alcoholics for the most part. at least, I'm at a point where I'm struggling to keep my drinking in check and all but maybe a few of those completely don't apply.

Steel Reserve, because all the liquor stores close really early in my town.

The first night not drinking is always the hardest

>tfw feeling like a space shuttle reentering the atmosphere now

I been a hard drinker for 3-4 years and I dont want to stop but part of me, albeit very small, feels I should just give it up competently . I feel like im always on the fence either to stop completely or just be really destructive and drink constantly. Is there any way tojust be a functional drunk or drink on the weekends or am I doomed to be an al/ck/ if I try to keep drinking at all?
Thanks for any words of wisdom Guild Of Drunks.

Are any of you guys severe alcoholics? I've felt hopeless for a long time, but I'm just now beginning to legitimately get scared. I think I will have delirium tremens if I stop. Do you guys think I will?
>29 years old
>have been severe alcoholic since 21, but drank heavily since 17
>once i turned 21, quickly developed a pint of vodka a day habit, which escalated to a fifth a day by the time i was 22
>haven't gone more then 48 hours without drinking atleast a fifth from between ages 22-now
>began losing appetite for food at age 23, only ate one meal a day
>from ages 27-now, only eat one meal every 3-4 days
>am now up to a fifth and a half a day with little food
>have to drink literally 24/7
>jerk awake about 4 times throughout the night from horrific lucid dreams and compelled to take two shots
>every time i try to stop, at the 8 hour mark without a drink, my whole body shakes violently, hands cramp up, can't see straight, feel like i can barely breath, and am absolutely compelled to take shot
>recently tried to quit, made it to about 30 hours, and had above listed symptoms as well as inability to think straight, severe vomiting that i didn't even know was possible, thought i heard opera music blasting, body soaked in sweat, extremely fast heart rate
>attempted to sit on couch after vomiting, and every single sound, no matter how quiet would make me jump out of my skin
>thought i saw various members of my extended family come into my living room, encouraging me to take a drink
>i then slammed about half a fifth, and was relieved

and now here i am, about a liter in. i can't go through that again. and i know that wasn't the worst of it. if i couldn't even stand that, i know i will crumble under delirium tremens which i think were approaching. i just need some advice. i can't do it anymore

yes youre fucked. go to a hospital while the ACA is still in place

Damn son, i feel bad for you. Yeah if your riding like that maybe a few weeks somewhere to dry out would be good.
If i were in your shoes I would.

You are very far into alcoholism man. Serious advice here, get into a rehab program or something as soon as possible.

i think inpatient may be the route i have to go, but i'm absolutely terrified of not being able to drink. i hope they don't make me ride out the withdrawal, even if i am supervised. i just can't stand it. not even sure if benzos will relieve me at this point. i also have a full time job that depends on me. i may be fired if i take a lot of time off. (line cook at local italian place)

I don't think they will try to make you go cold turkey dude. If your alcoholism is so severe quitting just like that can kill you. Regardless get in there because you are definitely one of more serious cases here.

theyll give you just enough to stem serious physical symptoms(if you need it) but still ween you off it.

You may get fired but some bosses are open to it as it makes for better employees. especially if you get offsite help and can continue to work

Hospital. Tell them you want to ween off of alcohol. Life threatening to stop while not under medical supervision

think about how happy with your life you are right now, and then think of how enjoyable your day-to-day life was as a kid before you got involved with alcohol. I hope that you can realize that it is worth it to go to the hospital and get help. when you are so deep into drugs, its hard to remember what it was like beforehand, but reclaiming just a fraction of it is totally worth it. promise

Heres a story for you
>be nurse
>work in ICU, nights
>Patient with headwound comes in
>got drunk. Fell down his stairs. Ems saw him bleeding out of his ear and thought he was fucked
>just a skull fracture, but send him to us anyways to watch
>patient starts to go into dts within hours
>shot of geodon keeps him down
>next day
>hes on an ativan DRIP 1 mg/hr
>im the lucky winner that gets him
>fine at first, ativan is holding him down
>starts asking where his whiskey is
>hallucinating that the nurses outside are drinking
>demanding a drink and to go home
>hes fucked himself so badly hes swaying and falling while SITTING in bed, more than 24 hours dry
>acting for all the world like hes still drunk
>starts trying to get out of bed
>too unstead to even stand properly
>gets violent when we get him back in bed
>have to call a code strong to get extras to hold him down
>we fight with him on and off for four hours, and during this time weve given him 3 shots of geodon, some 8 extra mg of Ativan in addition to the drip
>wont go down, throwing punches, screaming at the top of his lungs
>at one point yhere are 9 people holding this bull of a motherfucker down
>final decision is made to intubate him for the sole purpose of being able to sedate him with propofol after weve called the doc some 5 times

He rode out the worst of his d/ts sedated. He was still fucked though, he developed Wernike-Korsakoffs syndrome cause hes fucked his liver so badly his liver decided to pickle his brain. He will probably always be an unstable addled jackass, and never be able to take care of himself
This guy was in his late 30's
Take care of this now user. Inpatient is the way to go.

Well you can quit, and destroy your health and cant work, or you can go to inpatient. Im sure there are other italian restaurants. If i were you i would do it. Ive gone over 4 months without a drink. Its in your head but i promise its better than living that way

you work with a lot of doctors so I feel like you can give me advice. how do I into med school?

ps: I drink a lot thanks

Go premed at a decent 4 year college, make friends with doctors and your professors to get good reccomedations. Find a field that interests you the most, do some research, find something nice to do a thesis on and then apply to a decent med school.
Get board certified, for the love of god. We need more of those.
Thats about all i got. I know how to work on your RN to NP since im going that route for critical care but pre med and then med school is sorta not something ive researched
Im not too sure honestly, im RN working on my NP.
Heres some food. Dont drink too much.
I drink a lot on the days im off to cope with the shit i see on the job, but i make sure not to overdo it.

Thanks for the advice all of you. I'll ask my boss for 2 weeks off a pray that he will give it to me, although unlikely. Scared to tell him I'm such a horrible alcoholic, although he may already know. Not sure. Its just so disappointing as I'm expecting to getting promoted to sous here pretty soon. our sous is old as fuck and retiring. the ICU nurses post scared me though. i think i'll opt to save my health rather then keep the job. i definitely dont want to end up like that guy, though i may already be there. i'll definitely think about it.

Thanks user, good luck.

much love dude. good luck. i don't see why your boss wouldn't let you come back once you are back on your feet.

dont do it if you like the idea of making money. Insurance costs are just ridiculously high and the hours suck.

Try to volunteer at an ER or other intense med system and see if you can do it

I'm not. I fucking hate my life, I need to dedicate my life to a higher purpose and need to feel like I am doing constructive. I want out of this society. If I manage to get into med school I want a family medicine residency and when I am done/certified I want to join MSF, go to whatever war torn shit hole. I couldn't give a fuck about money believe me I have enough of it.

People choose many professions for a variety of reasons that all fall under the purpose of "doing something constructive"

kick ass in school and do some internships/volunteering to see if you can hack it

Cheers much appreciated

np np.
I did my stuff at an ER from midnight to 4am. I'd rec the same. It shows dedication and a willingness to be exposed to certain hardships.

Know that if you can't or it doesn't feel right, Medicine stems from research and those researchers are in demand. The whole chain contributes to patient health.

Serious question. How excellent do you need to be in the hard sciences/math to be a doc? For reasons I won't bother going into I dropped out of hs, went to a CC, but then transferred to a top 40 uni and I'm in my 3rd year. I have some sciences but not all and definitely nothing chem related. I plan to take the courses in the upcoming semesters but I could use some advice. Not in the US either btw.

are you going to do some post-bac pre-med sci courses? If so, you will need to do very well in those, but not worry until you take them.

I only know for the US but here, math and the harder sci courses are p important

Not really post bac. In Canada you can just take the courses during your undergrad which I plan to do. I have already taken 2 but I still need gen/organic chem and bio chem.

Just be honest with your boss. If youre that worried get some job offers lined up ahead of time before you detox, that way if he kicks you then youll have other options.
Make sure you have good people to support you before and after the process my friend. Thats one way to make sure you dont relapse, because even once dts have passed its gonna be hard not to go back.
That guy was asking for drinks three weeks after the fact. Of course he was addled as fuck, and I think drugs played into it too cause he was offering one of my coworkets 5 grams of coke in exchange for a bottle...
But yaknow. Best of luck, for real. Youre the only person out there thats gonna protect yourself and your health.

Ochem is important. It is usually used to weed out people that are aiming for med school. All of those harder sci classes are still important so just know that.

Biochemistry is becoming a more important section of the medical system(this is where I work). If you can really kill in the bioinformatics/genetics courses, that will help a lot, but you still need to do well in pretty much every single class.

I don't know if Canada uses the MCAT but biochem was recently added and is heavily weighted.

You could always take my route if time is of the essence for you.
Doing something like MSF is great, but you can do it as an NP too. Pay isnt as high, but you can go anywhere, and it takes less time. Get your RN, then work while you get your masters (soon to be a PhD rumors say). You do most of what a doc was, but work more closely with patients, which is what I like about it.
It just depends on what you wanna get out of it. MDs can get to interact with their patients a lot, but an NP gets to do that quite a bit more as a hospitalist or in-house in an ICU or ER

this person knows what theyre talking about as well. I can't speak to MSF but the RN route is common

Thank you. MCAT in Canada is used for majority of the schools but there are 3 schools that do not require it and 2 others but they are in French. And one school only looks at the CARS sections so no sciences.

I'll keep this in mind as well. I am already 3 years into my degree program so I don't know if I could just switch to a nursing program but I'll look into it.

Im assuming MSF is doctors without borders.
Nurse Practitioners are also able to work with them.

Oh if you're already 3 years into pre med then theres no reason to switch. BSN RN is a four year program to begin with. Go for that doctorate user, unless you feel youd like NP better and your credits all transfer towards an RN. However, last two years of RN are heavily clinical based, so youd still be behind i think.
Id assumed you were just starting out

RN route being that to being a full fledged MD. I just know that MSF is relatively selective with drs. and im sure with RNs abut I would assume so as well.

Im a little drunk, sorry for not being 100% clear

its also been a little while since I've been directly involved in the clinical side. I pretty much exclusively do research now

No worries, I appreciate it anyway. I honestly don't know if I will be able to get into a Canadian med school. I may consider going international and just staying somewhere in Europe (I have EU citizenship too)

so out of curiosity, what are you doing now? RN i presume

WHOOOOPS
meant this

ya'll niggas really should do talks like this in highschools

So today was day one of "No drinking on weekdays" it's gone pretty well, been able to keep myself busy. Plus my mom gave me this grip of pills for pain, I don't remember what they are, but one of their uses when I looked them up was to prevent shaking an other detox type side effects. I have about a dozen of them, so I think I can do this. I am structuring my life more, and trying to save money.
I think I was just drinking out of boredom, but I have been depressed the past few months, so io feel like I have to get my shit together.

keep it up bro

Here's my blog entry:
>busiest day of the week in Sunday, always get blackout drunk on Sunday evenings as a consequence
>for once I manage to resist the urge to drink on this bitch of a day
>feel great Monday morning, have a good day at work
>reward self by getting blackout drunk
Damn it.

2 real

Still RN, working ICU nights while I finish up my degree for NP. Im actually at work right now, but things are chill so I have time to shitpost. I enjoy nights like this when I get em.
I plan on transferring to a bigger hospital to do critical care in either an ER or ICU once I get my degree, csuse NPs dont have much of a place in a small hospital like mine. I could work in an office but ICU is kind of where my heart is. As much as if gets fucked it at least keeps me interested. And busy.
I saw anons post and thought it wouldn't hurt to share. We get a lot of frequent flier drunks that come in every other week with a skull fracture or something of the sort, and every time we see them its like theres a little less of them in there.

Awwwww, almost good.

well, I don't think it will mean much as I am sure you already know but you ICU and ER RNs are some of the only ones that get universal respect. Ya'll are important.

You can follow your dreams user. You seem smart enough

You know what I just learned? I learned that you can vomit through your nose.

Now I always try to avoid vomiting because it's unpleasant but just now I have reached a new plane of unpleasantness.

I''m getting towards the vomit phase. I only drink at night so I really have to go hard for a long time to get there, but I'm at the bad alcoholic place. Almost puked last night and I'm really fucking full all the time. I think it's an ulcer.

I'm working towards moderation instead of excess every night, been trying for about a month or so. Already I have noticed more energy throughout the day and my tolerance going down. Will hopefully be able to stick to it. I knew things were getting bad when I drunk a bottle of gin in the afternoon and felt pretty much fine, maybe a little tipsy. Don't want to go back down that road

How much do you drink in moderation?

I am down to about 2 shots of whiskey every night whereas before I was getting hammered 3-4 nights out of the week. I don't know which one is better. I don't really get hammered though with my current approach, just a chill head buzz that keeps me happy

>I don't really get hammered though with my current approach, just a chill head buzz that keeps me happy
That is pretty much what I am aiming for. Currently drinking about 4 gin and tonics a night, or 3-5 shots of whisky (sipped over a long period instead of straight down the hatch). Still a fair bit I suppose, but its miles less than than what I used to drink and so far no negative effects. Some of the stories on here scared the shit out of me

Why are alcoholics so goddamn pathetic?
And why are they mostly white males?
Is there a correlation between having a small penis and being a pathetic loser??

Fuck off, loser.

This thread is reddit incarnate.

These are the "alcoholics" that you get on Veeky Forums.

4 days to drink a bottle of whisky.

you have to start off somewhere, you ever see old drunks in run down bars that have those huge bulbous noses and rosacea...they started off drinking a bottle every couple of days.

Where do the alcoholics dwell on Reddit?

I don't really give a shit what platform I chat to fellow alkies on, I just like doing it anonymously.

pic related, you don't wanna end up like this

There is a stopdrinking subreddit which is home to some seriously fucked up people. I was frequenting their IRC channel but got banned for posting beer ASCII.

I am really not a mean-spirited person but seeing people get so mad over something like that is just too fucking funny to pass up. I also love posting vague puns

>ah, what a long day. time to crack open a cold one
>everyone freaks out
>relax guys, a cold diet coke!
>get banned

fuck them

>>rhinophyma
>>Rhinophyma is a condition causing development of a large, bulbous, ruddy nose associated with granulomatous infiltration, commonly due to untreated rosacea.[1]
>>Alcoholism is mistakenly attributed as a cause of this issue.
>mistakenly attributed

Go to a hospital m8. They will help you. Effects of dropping alcohol in your stte could be lethal, without medical help. Good luck

Basically white people have no charisma and are very bland in general. You can see this blandness in their food, their music, how they dance and the way they have sex. This turns them in to social misfits who have to rely on booze to fill the emptiness in their lives.

obsessed

Alcoholism is one thing that unites all races

Are you crazy Smirnoff guy? What happened to him?

youtube.com/watch?v=YPOcx59qmlw

can somebody translate this from Ape?

I just broke up with her. It felt like the best moment to buy a bottle of Laphroaig, any tips on how to enjoy it the most ?

You need proffesional help detoxing and likely tapering to. Cold turkey at the point your at sounds dangerous, you probly need ot taper then detox with PROFESIONAL HELP.

Assuming you don't drink much scotch, pour a shot into a glass. Sniff, and take a small sip. It will probably burn a bit, so add a touch of water until the burning goes away and you are left with all the flavour. If you add too much, top it up with more whisky. Rinse and repeat.

I recommend having a beer along side it to sip away at, or at the very least a glass of water. Enjoy! I remember doing a similar thing not too long ago

Holy shit what a bunch of faggots.

Thanks, any idea of food to pair it with ? I'm having japaese grilled beef tonight, but something else for tomorow would be fine.
The beer acts like a palate cleaner right ?

what if he's really tough and has a nihilistic sense of humor? Could he quit cold turkey then?

Not sure about food, I tend to drink scotch after dinner as opposed to with it.

Beer pretty much does, yes. I find it something nice to sip on as I drink the scotch and the whole experience is very enjoyable. I would recommend investing in a Glencairn glass if you don't have one, not essential but makes smelling it a lot easier and for some reason I need less water when I drink from one. A wine glass with a tapered mouth works reasonably well too

He mad that white people have ruled the world for the past 800 years and makes things up to feel better about himself despite sitting on Veeky Forums all the time like the rest of us.

yah well, thats why were on 4chin

He was just punking you.

>wake up from my friends floor
>realize that i remember absolutely nothing of what happened after we started to leave for the bar
>"wew crazy time last night"
>"hehe yeah"