Nicotine for studying

So I've got pretty bad ADHD, but vyvanse and other meds make me not eat and also just fucks with my brain chemistry heavy.
I've started using nicotine to study, and it helps a surprising amount, with no side effects
(apart from a dry mouth, using cigarettes now, but going to transition to a vape when I can afford one).

Here's an article about nicotine and ADHD:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8741955
Here's one about nicotine and general productivity:
prymd.com/blog/benefits-of-nicotine/

What do you think Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3aaF-7wlE2M
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If you want to trade poor studying for poor physical health that's you're choice m8.

lmao, see if you can get a prescription for a nicotine patch

>I've started using nicotine to study, it helps a surprising amount, with no side effects
Audibly laughed very hard.

Whats funny? I smoked last winter vacation for a week non stop then quit when classes restarted and nothing happened to me. I'm starting to think addiction is a meme. I have more trouble quitting coffee than smokes or even booze.

Nicotine gum is over the counter. I think patches are as well in America. Don't know about the shitpost republics of Oz and Leafland or the caliphate of Eurostan.

Smoking for a week probably won't get you addicted and I'm not sure what nonstop means. 2 packs a day? Anyways, to say that physical addiction to nicotine is a meme is probably one of the silliest things I've read here. Don't chance getting addicted to cigarettes brother. Not even remotely worth it health wise and monetarily

Smoking is absolute shit tier. If you want to use tobacco use dip instead, lower risk of cancer and it confines the bad shit to your mouth.

As others have suggested, gum is probably your best bet. Vaping is for hipster fags.

I find chewing gum a more disgusting habit than smoking desu

chewing gum doesn't shit up every organ of your body, make your breath smell like sewer gas, and make you smell like ashes.

Chewing tobacky will just make you hideous after the surgery. I rather be dead then look like a walk dead zombie.

Yeah, but do you want to die like this?

youtube.com/watch?v=3aaF-7wlE2M

Don't inhale smoke. learn how to mouth smoke.

lol I guess the Bible didn't offer advice about smoking

I've smoked regularly for months at a time, and then stopped and felt just fine. Some people don't get physically addicted to shit. I use it for studying, like OP. Just know your limits/personality well.

>Vaping is for hipster fags.
>Use dip instead.
nice one

Vape nayshon

Smoking has a higher risk of oral cancers than chew.

This whole thread feels like Cig companies shilling cigarettes as a study aid to the desperate students they think reside here. You guys do know almost everyone on here is a neckbeard right?

>So I've got pretty bad ADHD, but vyvanse and other meds make me not eat and also just fucks with my brain chemistry heavy.

I have raging ADHD as well. Diagnosed 20 years before it became a meme. Cannot kick nicotine. Yes, nicotine is poor man's vyvanse.

Side effects can be lethal.

I hate to bump this obviously stupid thread, but I was wondering if anyone actually post detailed feedback about how smoking/vaping has had an effect on their ability to concentrate on studying.

I have tried cigarettes a couple of times, not really my thing, but the stimulant from nicotine is definitely much more mellow than coffee, and seems like ti would be more conducive to studying without falling into the category of 'speeding'

dont worry OP. I stared Using nicotine for similar reasons. It really has increased my ability to focus. I wouldnt strongly suggest using cigarettes exclusively. try cigars and pipes in your experiment.

Its cool seeing independent studies like this. keep doing it and fuck what other people say. Nicotine is gooood man.

>I've smoked regularly for months at a time
mmm

I chew tobacco. It helps quite a bit, because I have raging ADHD. Vyvanse also helps. Both have potentially lethal side effects. If you don't NEED them for concrete neuro-physiological reasons, don't use them.

Buy nicotine patches and test it for yourself. They're cheaper and healthier than cigs/vape.

I ask because I take caffeine pills and l-theanine to combat my ADHD now that I no longer have any prescriptions, but I don't feel like either are helping enough to make a really noticeable dent in my ability to concentrate.

Caffeine is crap. It puts me to sleep. Nicotine is a much more effectve psycho-stimulant. Best relief for ADHD is hard-core all-out physical exertion. If you can max your heart rate for 30 mins every morning, it's the best thing for you. Everything else is a poor substitute.

nicotine lozenges pham. if cigarettes are crack, the lozenges are adderall

What would you say the concentration rate is for ability to concentrate per cigarette (or with the patches or whatever also?)

Basically if one was going to use nicotine as a study aid, how much studying ability do you get per each cigarette?

^^This^^
I chew because I can't afford lozenges. If you can afford them, they're the best substitute.

>Basically if one was going to use nicotine as a study aid, how much studying ability do you get per each cigarette?

Not sure. Somebody's probably published a whitepage on this.

Nicotine addition does not equal cigarette addiction. I'm sick of this bs myth. Check the literature, nicotine has extremely low addictive potential, it's all the other shit in cigers that get you hooked

Fucking idiots in this thread. Don't use cigarettes, if you want a study aid you need pure nicotine (gum, lozenge, w/e). When you start out, 1 mg nicotine will be perfect for 30mins super focused study. As tolerance builds, stick to 2mg at a time.

And just so we are clear, cigarettes = addictive (Hard to quit). Nicotine gum or whatever = virtually no addiction. I can chew a crap load of nicotine over says/weeks and then forget to take some and experience no cravings, withdrawals, nothing

Whenever I try smoking when I'm not drinking it makes me feel really lethargic, I don't know how people can smoke while they study.

If you're going to switch to vaping, make sure it's not too much nicotine(you can get lightheaded and feel ill) and you use a tank. Dripping is a huge distraction since you have to do it repeatedly after a few puffs.

enjoy your popcorn lung emphysema and COPD

>nicotine has extremely low addictive potential
Nicotine addiction is literally the most common addiction in America. Two thirds of people that try nicotine become addicted, while the rate for cocaine is only 21%.

Nicotine is an incredibly addictive substance.

It wears off quickly.

The first few fags you have you get a massive headrush and it feels good.

After a while you'll only get a headrush from the morning cigarette and even then it just feels like a relief rather than something good.

Smoking is fucking shit, I quit over nearly 2 years ago and don't miss it at all.

Btw to people looking to quit, take a week off work, then quit. First week you feel like shit but just push through it, it gets better.

I took chantix and it helped. No withdrawal or feeling shitty at all. I missed the act of smoking more than than the nicotine. Plus I had some intense dreams during all of it. I was expecting a lot worse when I saw the side effects but I'm already pretty messed up so maybe I didn't notice

>Plus I had some intense dreams during all of it

That's normal, what were yours like?

I had dreams where I was about to a have a cigarette, had one in my hand and was about to smoke it and then realise NO I'VE QUIT

retard

This. People say it gives them energy, but every time I smoke a cigarette I get really tired and fall asleep.

cortexel dot us/awesome/uppers/Advanced_Lucid_Dreaming-The_Power_of_Supplements.pdf

This is the most comprehensive nootropic guide I've seen and it's about fucking dreaming! or maybe dream fucking? I'm not sure.

>Nicotine acts as an acetylcholine
>agonist which means it has essentially the same effects as
>acetylcholine inside the brain and it quickly and efficiently crosses the
>blood brain barrier. Although Nicotine does not cause cancer, it is
>addictive when used regularly and is toxic even in small doses. More
>importantly, Nicotine causes both short term and long term
>desensitization of the acetylcholine receptors and since these
>receptors are crucial for lucid dreaming it is wise not to take this fact
>lightly

tl;dr as a nootropic, it's powerful but has rapid diminishing returns which lead to addiction

Interesting, not heard that before.

I don't remember having mental dreams the night of my first cigarette though, I could have I suppose.

Quality post, user. Now I know why I can't recall a single dream I've had in 4 years.