Pizzas I've made

Recently I've gotten obsessed with making pizza. Going to catalog my pizzas.

This is a pizza I made about two years ago. Basic recipe I learned from my dad, had no idea what temp to cook it at. I'd make these pretty often, the dough was really dense because I had no clue how to toss it. I'd put a lil butter in there to soften it up, and it was pretty tasty for how breadlike and sometimes chewy it was.

I bought a pizza stone about 6 months ago because I wanted to 'take it more seriously.' I really enjoyed making pizza, and it was super simple to make. At this point I was toying with letting my dough ferment for a day or two, since I'd heard some people online talking about that. Dough recipes are hard to come by, most are just 3 cups flour, 1 oz olive oil, 1 cup water, and 1 yeast packet. Instructions were typically 'combine ingredients.'

Could not get this shit into a circle, but I figured it was cool and hand-made. Didn't eat very good, however.

you call that a pizza?
wheres the cheese stuffed crust?
where's the grease that I have to pat down with a paper towel?
where's the 2 litre pepsi?
where's the wings?
awful pizza man
0/10 I would not eat and I would exit your home immediately if you pulled that out of the oven

I really like fresh mozz on my pizza. I cooked this one too long and you can see the really disgusting grey burn on the mozz on the bottom. Also went with some fresh basil on this, which was delicious. Pizza was better than before, but still way too dense. I was still just making dough and letting it rise for 1-2 days, then really sloppily rolling it out.

>what temp to cook it a
High as possible

>lil butter
don't do this

>wheres the cheese stuffed crust?
The '90s called. They want their pizza back. It's the 21st century, you get glazed pretzel crusts now.

This one came out better and more round. At this point I'm still using store-bought sauce, though (which is silly since pizza sauce is literally piss easy to prepare and, if you have a food processor, takes less than 30 seconds all said and done.)

Think I burned the roof of my mouth on this one.

I know senpai, this is a progression thread.

Bought a book all about making pizza. Most of it is dedicated to making dough, and all of the intricacies of how to knead it properly, how to do multiple fermentations, how to form individual dough balls. I ditched my cordierite pizza stone and bought a 1/8" baking steel off amazon. The 1/8" version was $25, whereas 1/4" in versions are $80+. At this point I would pre-heat the steel to my oven's temp of 550 F, then put on the broiler for 5-10m. Put the temp back to 550, then slip the pizza in.

This shit was straight delicious and I want it all the time. Once I started getting the dough dialed in everything fell into place. I'll make the dough 2-3 days before I want pizza, and end up with 3 dough balls. It's cheap as fuck too, I can make 3 full pizzas topped for about $6, including sauce.

My most recent pie (last night.) Pic looks a little gross because I put some hot sauce on before I baked it (the dark circles in the middle.) Fucking delicious, though. Low moisture fresh grated mozzarella with really tangy parmesan grated and put underneath. Playing a lot with corn meal vs. flour for my pizza peel to see which eats better, right now I kind of like more.

Want to experiment with different types of cheeses too, some bleu under the mozz would be interesting.

Forgot my pic wtf

It looks like you're getting progressively worse senpai

Gonna have to disagree, but it could be that you don't like pizza in this style. I like a very thin crust that's crispy and bubbly, and before all I could accomplish was a chewy and dense pan-pizza crust. If you don't like a little char on your pizza then you won't like this.

Good thread

They all look inedible after the OP picture. Did your oven drink and smoke while your pizza was in there? If a friend offered me this one I would slap him open-palm in the face and cut all ties with him

My friends all really like my pizza. Maybe the pictures aren't doing it justice (my kitchen lighting is pretty harsh,) but believe me they're goddamn delicious. You sound pretty unhappy, are you eating enough pizza?

I don't believe you. Perhaps your friends have an abundance of chromosomes.
Bad pizza makes me sad

No such thing as bad pizza if the person who makes it likes it. That's what makes pizza fun, everyone's got a style you prefer. That said, I'm curious why you think my pizza looks bad. Because the crust is dark? I like it a little charred. Could probably play with it a bit to keep the cheese a little lighter, but that's really just cosmetic.

Been making pizza for about 8 years, the most recent ones are easily the ones I enjoy eating the most. Reminds me of the type of pizza I typically go to restaurants and pay money for.

What would you do differently? What's your ideal pizza?

I think your pizzas look unappetizing because your cheese is turning orange/yellow. Are you using pre shredded mozzarella?

Nope, shredding it myself. If I could get my oven hotter I could avoid it turning yellow, but that's tricky. It only gets up to 550, and in order to get the crust crispy enough I end up having to have it in there for ~7-8 minutes. This browns the cheese a bit. I could really dump mozz on there, but I don't like an ultra cheesy pie.

Thinking about par-baking the shell with sauce on it for about 1-2 minutes, then pulling it out and topping it with cheese, then putting it back in for a 5 minute cook. Might work, but it's a lot of work for pure cosmetics since it's still melted and creamy like you'd think it'd be.

this, OP do you even know what board you're on?

Oh that makes sense. The cheese looked like that weird color it turns when there's cellulose in it from preshredded cheese, but looking closer it's just browning.

anyway less than aesthetic pizza yeah, but I bet it's tasty anyways. Got any tips on stretching dough? When I tried making cast iron pizza the dough ended up very much like pan pizza - is this just a problem of cooking without a stone?

Par baking is for faggots

Ive wanted to try and make some pizza in my slow cooker it says to use buiscuit dough

>Got any tips on stretching dough? When I tried making cast iron pizza the dough ended up very much like pan pizza - is this just a problem of cooking without a stone?

From what I've read/experienced, dough won't stretch until it's ready (and room temp). The dough recipe I use is a 48 hour fermentation, and I'll usually let it sit out at room temp for 2 hours before stretching. Easiest way to stretch is to get your dough ball on a floured surface and press it into a basic disc with your fingers pressed together. Once it's roughly doubled in size, start gently pulling it about 4-5 inches until the dough resists, then do a quarter turn and repeat. Let it sit for 5 minutes to fully rest, then load it onto the peel.

So whenever my dough ends up too thick, I didn't let it rest enough?

its supposed to be a pan pizza dipshit

If it's too elastic, yeah. Dough that is still working will be very hard to pull apart into a crust, properly rested dough is more like cloth. Cold / cool dough is also very difficult to stretch.

okay, thanks for the tips! What kind of sauce recipe are you using by the way?

Get a can of peeled tomatoes and a food processor. Put 1 tbsp of olive oil + 1/4 tsp oregano, 1/2 tsp chili flakes, 1 tsp salt, and 1 chopped garlic clove into a food processor. Add a spoonful of tomatoes, blend until you have a pinkish emulsion. Add the rest of the tomatoes, pulse just until it's chunky (too much blending = watery sauce. Maximum blending I'd recommend is 6-7 quick pulses)

Will keep for a week and is roughly 6 pizzas worth of sauce. Ultra simple and delicious.

Are you the guy who follows recipes on buzzfeed videos?

Never watched a buzzfeed video in my life