STEAM

Should art be included within STEM?

might as well throw liberal arts and philosophy in with it too. Anyone who supports this doesn't get what STEM means.

No

Science
History
Engineering
Mathematics

SHEM's our man.

sure. still not going to hire you though.

Why not Art, Intersectionality, Diversity and Science, or AIDS?

Science
Engineering
Mathematics
Electronics
Networking

>again

>Should art be included within STEM?
Some art. Perspective drawing and sculpture, probably. Poetry and propaganda, not so much?

CAD and drafting are a part of stem, but that's unrelated

Renaissance was full of double-dippers. All the master portrait artists were STEM autists.

Most of us nowadays are highly creative, expressive, etc. and have broad, diverse interests. I spend a lot of time on Veeky Forums for instance.

Elevating anything which isn't positivist to the same level of *academic* regard, however, is a grave mistake.

Fuck no. Keep this shit out of the acronym, it totally defeats the purpose and is insulting when artfags think they are on the same level. Engineers all need to know how to use language, so should we add an L to the acronym? No. Taking more art classes in college is not going to help STEM students whatsoever

>Elevating anything which isn't positivist to the same level of *academic* regard, however, is a grave mistake.

Exactly. There are things rooted in reality, and then there's schizophrenia.

>Taking more art classes in college is not going to help STEM students whatsoever
This so much

reasonably funny, here's a (you)

>Author of "Being Visual"
Christ. Makes sense he'd want to tear apart science education in service to his own special snowflake nonsense "theory"

will help you socially and to be less autistic

>when artfags say "math won't help me"

Took a few art classes in uni. All of the art majors were either more socially inept than I was or they were talentless drama queens.

Agree

>insulting when artfags think they are on the same level.

The autism. It hurts so much.

no

underrated post