What does Veeky Forums think about gluten free?

What does Veeky Forums think about gluten free?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Oht9AEq1798
twitter.com/AnonBabble

like the BPA-free movement, it makes the world a harder, tougher place.

If you're actually allergic to gluten then obviously it's fine but the people who act like it's this new revolutionary diet are crazy.

Very important for folks with Celiac, completely useless for anyone else.

what about partial allergy/celiac? or gluten intolerance?

Subtle kek

>gluten intolerance
no such thing exists

youtube.com/watch?v=Oht9AEq1798

Can someone find the sauce of the guy who did the gluten diet study debunking his own old and faulty study?

Got rid of my Asthma of 20 Years, cannot complain about being gluten free

>muh intolerance
I'm intolerant of black people, can still eat them though

I'm pretty sure there's no such thing as a gluten "allergy." Celiac disease is not an allergy, it's an autoimmune disorder. Celiac's real and will mess you up if you eat gluten.

>partial allergy
Made up bullshit
>celiac
serious autoimmune disorder
>intolerance
made up bullshit
I guess the single upshot of this crap (other than parting idiots with their money) is that people who actually have celiac now get to have more options.

I have this special talisman that attract all intelligent females. Just $150.00 today, for you.

That's disgusting, you don't know where they've been, or whose shit they've been rubbing on their bodies.

Good for people that suffer from celiacs.

relatively few people lack the enzyme necessary for gluten digestion (1% to 3%) but that lack can
have serious consequences for them

I have celiacs, and more people jumping on the "gluten is bad" bandwagon is both a good thing and a bad thing.

The good thing about it is there are a lot more options out there for gluten-free. Just about any grocery store has 2-4 different gluten-free bread loafs I can choose from, a step up from 1 grocery store within a 30 minute drive with 1 kind.

The bad things are 1. It's way too fucking expensive. Companies jack up the price because they know people will buy it if it's branded as "healthy". 2. When I'm introduced to a new group of friends and somehow they find out I'm gluten-free, there's always that smug asshole that asks "are you really gluten free, like you have celiacs, or...". Yes, I really do, fuck off.

When you have a disease which is triggered by gluten, then there definitely exists such a thing as gluten intolerance.

Is gluten the root cause of the desease? No. But it's an important trigger of the symptoms.

Ergo, you're a dipshit.

>then there definitely exists such a thing as gluten intolerance.
It's not an intolerance fucker it's already got a name called celiac disease

There is no way you can be intolerant to gluten and not have celiac disease

>Is gluten the root cause of the desease?
Celiac disease is not caused by gluten intake, celiac disease is an autoimmune disorder that makes your body unable to digest gluten. This isn't some shit where you can be partially intolerant because no such condition exists you have celiac or you dont

My doctor keeps trying to convince me I'm gluten intolerant.

I just keep smiling politely and changing the subject.

Without her help, I found out that it's actually lactose intolerance and a sensitivity to caffeine that's been destroying my guts every day. Not bread.

Ask for a stool test

This will confirm 100% if you have any intolerance or not

If you actually have celiac they'll find undigested gluten in your poop

It's not a gluten allergy, but a wheat allergy. Anything that's gluten-free will have no wheat so the cross-over in diet restrictions is almost identical.

This too. Worse with wheat allergy because you have to explain to everybody that you don't have celiacs but still need to get gluten-free stuff and that it's not because you're trying to be hip/healthy.

Oh, she doesn't think I have Celiac's. She thinks I'm intolerant. And the only thing she based that on was the fact that I was having bad gas and soft serve poop in the mornings. I told her about those two things, and "gluten" was the first word out of her mouth.

Anyway, the gut stuff went away when I cut out dairy and coffee. Imagine that.

>It's not an intolerance fucker it's already got a name called celiac disease
>There is no way you can be intolerant to gluten and not have celiac disease

You dense motherfucker.

The existance of a name doesn't imply that there is no intolerance.

The fact that you can't be intolerant to gluten without being celiac doesn't negate that the person is intolerant to gluten.