Barefoot contessa is the only watchable thing on this god awful channel...

Barefoot contessa is the only watchable thing on this god awful channel. Chopped used to be on that very short list until they became try hards with "chopped kids" and "chopped celebrity edition"
>giving black truffles to someone who can't even properly poach an egg
Don't even get me starte on "the kitchen".

watch createTV if you get it

I can barely watch BC anymore.

If you get the Cooking channel try "The best thing I ever made"; it's one of the only current shows where they actually cook things (that don't look like rehash #23452364563) that inspire me to want to cook - which, wholly fuck, is what FN did once upon a time.

Food Network was great back in the 1990's

>Good Eats
>Two Fat Ladies
>Japanese Iron Chef

here

Also, Jamie Oliver before he became a health Cuck. He did "The Naked Chef" and "Pukka Tukka"

Yeah I second the guy who mentioned the Cooking channel, if you get it. It's basically to the Food Network what Boomerang is to Nick.

Still has good eats and OG iron chef.

As annoying as Jamie OIiver has become, his recipes have greatly improved.

My mother practically worships him and has all of his cookbooks. His later ones are FAR superior to the "naked chef" era.

I can't stand the bullshit "I'm a country mama" type cooking shows they have in their now.

There's one lady that just makes trashy shit that has had so much botox she has lost the ability to make facial expressions.

I'll be honest, I really haven't read any of his cookbooks.
I watched a couple episodes of his travel series "Super Foods" where he goes around the world searching for nutrient dense ingredients.

I was really turned off when I saw him start using trendy hipster ancient grains like quinoa, chia, and spelt, and I said fuck nope I'm not buying any of that shit at the store.

Speaking of 90's tv shows.

Season 1 of Nigella Bites

HNNNNNNNGGGGG

Nigella please say "decadent" one more time.....

I can't stand to watch Barefoot Contessa because the name of the show always makes me think of her gross fat feet in the kitchen near food

Barefoot Contessa is fucking boring what the hell?

Good Eats was the best thing ever on Food Network. Too bad it's over.

Are you talking about this one? I heard she also likes to steal recipes from the internet. She also has a lousy sense of humor.

Fuck food network. Get Gusto. I have seen more cooking shows on Gusto then Food Network so far

PBS has always been better for cooking shows than Food Network.

reminder that barefoot contessa refused a make a wish from a kid with leukemia, TWICE, then got completely shit on by the public, then tried to reach out to the kid to change her mind in order to restore her image, only to get BTFO by the kid because he had moved on and wanted to swim with dolphins

she's a piece of shit

>Barefoot Contessa

Literally the worst show on Food Network. All that cunt does is show off how rich she is with her rare ingredients and house in the Hamptons and her celebrity guest friends. Completely unrelatable.

I love Nigella, I mean she had Nig in her name for fucks sake

I'll watch anything BBQ related especially if Bobby Flay is involved.
I wish I had as many BBQs and smokers as that lispy guy.

Chopped has always been godawful.
>give people baskets of ingredients that no one in their right mind would ever use together
>or better yet ingredients that are exclusively used in obscure ethnic cuisines that few people are familiar with
>give them 10 minutes to slop together something edible
>the "judges" act like they're paying top dollar at a 3 star restaurant for what they've been served and rip into them in the most condescending way possible over the most petty shit.
>judges then discuss among themselves like a jury deciding on a death sentence
>to top it off the contestants are usually smug hipsters to the point that you don't want any of them to win

> they actually cook things (that don't look like rehash #23452364563) that inspire me to want to cook - which, wholly fuck, is what FN did once upon a time.
FN is like a friend who slowly went insane and became intolerable to hang out with but won't just off themselves and still pops up in my life occasionally.

i'm still mourning for the FN i fell in like with. i don't want to see any more cupcakes. or bad cooks. i want to watch people make different types of food and explain how to do it in a kitchen designed for filming things in.

does anyone know of youtube channels that i can watch to fill the void in my heart where the food network used to be?

Food Wishes

>literally the worst
>literally

>1990's
I think you mean early mid 2000's. Good eats didn't start until 1999 and two fat ladies were reruns of the 1990's episode (one of the bitches died in the late 90's)

Nobody looks good after a 4 day coke binge, user.

She's the epitome of flyover, everything on her show is the type of thing that white middle aged housewives in backwoods Indiana would think is exotic and spicy because it's got "taco seasoning" on it.

>Good Eats was the best thing ever on Food Network.

>Need $3000 dollars worth of equipment to correctly make banana pudding

Her creepy home-schooled stepford children freak me the fuck out, and her husband gives off a "lets get drunk and beat up some Mexicans!" vibe. Her name is fucking Ree for fucks sake. When your name is a goddamn R9K squeal, you are just completely fucked from birth.

All great shows, excellent taste my nigga.

I can vaguely tolerate Worst Cooks in America because it has a couple legit chefs on it. Burrell, Flay, Zacharian are a dying breed, FN seems to be transitioning to housewives and washed-up celebrities teaching you that mediocrity is great.

Alton brown has no concept of money.
He literally opens 50 year old wine with a cavalry sabre. Talk about risk. His brain is not wired like our cheap beer and ramen consuming bodies. He knows no loss.

His shine has worn off for me. I liked him on Good Eats, he was that goofy, loveable food nerd you could relate to. When he did commentary for Iron Chef, he was a little more serious, but still knew his shit. Once he got to Next Food Network Star, he just came off as a condescending media douche.

It's near impossible to watch a full episode of good eats, more like 5 minutes, these days even though I used to legitimately like him.
Maybe seeing him on every single show on one network wore him out.
I still have trouble understanding what he does with all his money because he has a kitchen at home too.

i 2nd this

my nigga

reruns of all the best PBS stuff
>americas test kitchen
>cooks country
>bunch of other cooking shows

I had the channel on in the background when I was ill with fever one day, and it happened to be some kind of Barefoot Contessa marathon. I was too fucked up to find the remote and ended up in this surreal loop of 4kg parmesan and her repeating "so good" over and over. I think they found me crying when people came back home.

Seriously. Note how she can't describe her food using anything other than "so good".

Quinoa is pretty great though.

I enjoy Beat Bobby Flay.

>Lets REEEEEEEEEEEEEE what's going on down on the RANCH

Cutthroat Kitchen is pretty fun. It's not gourmet cooking, but it's a fun show.

DDD is all right but I cringe whenever this fucker refuses to eat anything with eggs in it, right in front of the cooks. I mean I don't like eggs either but if it's their signature dish that they went through the trouble to cook for some dumbass show I'd still eat it, shit

IKTF except with HGTV. I used to wake up early on Saturday mornings so I could drink decaf coffee (I was still in elementary school) with my mom and watch all the fun home renovation shows. Back then, episodes weren't filled with 10 minute interviews with the hosts that looked into their personal lives; it was about the renovation, what needed to be done to do it, and how the home-owners reacted to it. Now it's all about tiny houses and 5 different shows about married couples flipping houses.

I didn't watch much Food Network as a kid but when it was on in the living room I recall it being actual cooking shows, not scripted contests.

That show is intolerable.

Besides the fact that its a Bobby flay circle jerk I hate how every 20 minutes the entirely arbitrary/obnoxious co host will go down to the cooking floor and say something dumb as Fuck like "I'm going in!" like they are actually about to do anything other than go down a flight of stairs while the audience claps like idiots.

Terrible show

Probably the best show on that channel. Cutthroat Kitchen is a very close contender.

Bobby Flay is easily the best chef on the channel hands down.