>know answer to question lecturer asks
>debate with myself it may be wrong
>no one else answers question
>silence.gif
>lecturer goes through answer assuming we are brainlets
>my answer was right
>tfw could have increased respect from lecturer
>mfw brainlets are not struck in awe of my intelligence

Who else does not bother saying the answer they know is right?

you, me and I reckon a lot of other autists here. This is what happens when you're a socially awkward fuck that's scared to take a chance.

I always answer because the faster you answer the faster the lecture will go on

Happened to me thousands of times.It's frustrating as fuck.

But I'm not autistic, and sometimes hang around with the "cool, confident guys"

Maybe just scared of being wrong? But most of the time I really don't care what others think of me...

Maybe then, I am autistic.

This is the attitude and reason people should be answering.

But do you still answer if you know you may be wrong?

What's even worse I come to class with prepared and tripled checked solutions. But still waiting for others to answer

>But do you still answer if you know you may be wrong
If i have no idea then no, and I'll be greatful for the detailed explanation. If I have a vague idea I'll try to propose something plausible, this way the professor feels engaged and he's not discouraged when explaining it properly

yeah this happens to me, I try to use the frustration to motivate me to answer more quickly in the future

I have a class right now where this one guy comes in (who clearly has extensive background knowledge in the subject already) and always tries to answer literally every question the instant it is asked, gets them all basically correct but often with bg knowledge that we haven't been taught and that isn't part of the book, and always with a really shitty "I'm bored" tone.

Why are you even in the fucking class at a shit-tier midwest university if you know so much asshole!?!

When the prof has to say "I want to hear from someone else" it means you are a fucking autist.

Maybe you could try and be more like him instead of being a faggot and waiting to be spoonfed

I usually have the answers and am down to give them (gave two today because douche wasn't there!) when a person in the class doesn't even let the prof finish the question before blurting out answers there is no excuse for that. It is pure autism, and it ruins the class atmosphere, give nobody else a chance to answer.

>I want to hear from someone else
I honestly don't know how anyone can't pick up on this hint.

This. I always answered, even if it was bullshit just to avoid that the prof waits for an answer or some faggot starts arguing with him over his answer and wastes my precious time with his autism. Fuck you I'm not in the lecture to watch you develop shitty ideas that we would have been told better and faster anyway.

You don't need the respect of your lecturer or the "awe of the brainlets", and striving for such is indicative of a deprivation of self-respect and independent composure. You should be pursuing whichever course of action best increases your knowledge, if such a thing is desirable to you.

>professor asks for answer
>pull out solutions manual and give correct answer as a goof
>professor guffaws
>class erupts in laughter
>professor cracking up so hard that he's slapping the board and can't breath
>have to cancel class
>gives me 5% extra credit next lecture

This is literally how things go for non autists. Must suck being so inept you can't answer a simple question.

>Be the only one answering questions
>Teacher doesn't let you speak anymore.

Life is suffering

>in class
>know term for something but don't want to seem like an autistic loser so I explain in a sentence what I mean instead of using term
>professor explains term to me like I'm a retard

This is the worst classroom feel.

>Be TA for calc 2 class
>Be fairly relatable non-robotic, English Speaking, well-meme'd TA or at least I like to think
>See myself more as study buddy with students than TA
>Be well articulated, even had sister give me the run down on proper public speaking from a summer seminar she took just to not be the nightmare speech impediment TA
>Prof writes tests that are stupidly hard and I'll be honest I probably wouldn't be able to finish every question in 90 minutes given no study or revising of theories time, because of aforementioned relationship with students I started stressing about their marks as well, even began offering free tutoring after tutorials in library to some students who I thought could actually learn and needed the help
>Stress starting to show but not in any big way, maybe just stay up an extra hour a night for exclusively student emails
>Smaller class of maybe 70 students
>At least half are failing but they keep trying and I appreciate it
>About halfway through semester just before midterm test
>One day one of the (mathlets I like to call them), puts up hand and asks
>"user could you explain probability density of this function"
>Fairly simple function, nothing special to it and really the only thing to do is integrate it
>Integrate it
>Interval is whatever
>Question asks for probability P outside of the interval lets say (0Frantically grabbing at new chalk since I had worn out my current chalk stick
>AutismAttack.jpeg
>Don't have tourettes but it sure felt like it
>Go to grab chalk
>Chalk stick in hand has been mangled by use and explodes

1/2

>Fling box across lecture hall, chalk hits girl in second row on head
>Try to go over to grab chalk
>Trip over shoes
>Glasses fall off face
>Fumble with them for a few seconds
>Try to get up and drop phone which I had pulled out for some reason
>Only rational thing to do is to clean my shirt maybe collect myself and attempt the problem again
>Go to washroom and clean shirt, tutorial's over anyways so I go home
>Get a call later that night
>From prof
>Asks if I was ok
>Assume he's talking about tripping and throwing chalk everywhere like a retard earlier today
>Say yes and that everything was ok
>Prof says that students recalled me not being able to solve something, writing frantically for 10 minutes, having a breakdown, start stuttering and not stop until I tripped overmyself after throwing chalk everywhere then sprinting out of class not to be seen afterwards by students in library
>Looked like a literal mental breakdown
>One student notified police about possible "suicidal person on campus"
>Prof says one more thing
>function student handed me had a typo and has since been corrected in the problems and solutions practice handed out
>Forgot to tell me the morning of
>Yfw I had to face that class again the week after and they all knew it was a typo as well
I wanted to literally die.

It's okay.

Man I feel so bad for you, the worst thing you can do is act awkward about it. If you act awkward it will be awkward, if you laugh it off and can be playful about it instead of showing how deeply hurt you are, then people will think nothing of it and will probably go on like nothing happened.

Good luck. I almost wanted to say, I'm here for you if you ever need to talk, but I guess that doesn't make much sense.

I do but because im terrified of being wrong so even if i know im right i cant answer things.

I also have to double check my math with a calculator even if its something easy like 36/4. I think its 9, but i would have to check with a calculator if i was actually needing to depend on it. I actually went over it twice in my head just now for insurance so i dont embarrass myself on an anonymous image board.
And now i just checked with google because it would be pretty embarrassing to have written all that and then gotten it wrong. I now feel safe to hit post :^)

That's rough but if something happens like that again it's fine to say you'll "ask the professor" about it or some honest response about how you don't know.

I've taken too many ecology classes at this point so this happens very frequently with me. The combination of bad memory but also repeating topics makes this almost a daily cringe.

>began offering free tutoring after tutorials in library to some students who I thought could actually learn and needed the help

Bullshit. They were fucking qts weren't they?

Whenever I error I just say it's either something wrong with the question or something I don't understand about it and tell whoever's asking I will ask the prof (who usually doesn't know either unless he/she has like fucking 10+ year's experience teaching the same course).

You're human you're not expected to be perfect in anyone except undergrad's eyes.

Then again I TA upper level. How the hell do you fuck up calc 2 you fucking brainlet?

10/10

Human.

My fucking sides. Is it even possible to be this autistic? But I still feel you mang

This. I fucking hate when they wait and waste our time

doesnt matter if youre the brainlet in class, if you dont show it on a test the lecturer will give you a disappointing C.

Why do you care about his favor

It is very easy for a small typo in calc 2 to make a problem impossible. Integrals and power series for example.

The brainlet thing is realizing that if you can't figure it out it is most likely a typo.

We had a typo in our calc 2 class that made all us TA's chimp out over it, but before we chimped out we told the student it's prob a typo and we are chimping out because we are autists.

Me. I don't care about impressing people by showing off that I read my notes the night before. I just always point out when the lecturer is wrong - which shows I'm paying attention and can think critically on the spot.

>I also have to double check my math with a calculator

>36/4

>I think its 9

Uh... might want to go back to elementary school, user...

>Why are you even in the fucking class at a shit-tier midwest university if you know so much asshole!?!
I have heard this to my face, and my answer is this, always.

"for the degree"

Post the question

Seconded

If people can be mad at you for being too smart to attend """"their"""" school, you have the right to be mad at them for being brainlets in """"your"""" class.

Thirded

i never bothered to answer, now i can't cause my language skills are shit, even if i know the answer i'm going to sound autistic

I know a worst feel
>have exceptionally good grades
>never talk or say anything in class
>speak with teacher at some point during the year
>he says things like " by the wayXXX you should participate more in classes"
>"y-you too"
>tfw too socially awkward to have the courage to answer or ask questions in class because I'm scared of what people think of me
>tfw I don't legitimately never speak in classes on purpose
How are you supposed to explain that without sounding autistic as fuck?