Do you like Indian food, Veeky Forums?

Do you like Indian food, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/14493090.Chef_found_with_bottle_covered_in_fecal_matter_in_his_kitchen_banned_from_running_food_businesses/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Absolutely

yes! dont meant to be a hipster but the food is still dope when you get past the kormas, vindaloos, naans, and butter chickens and stuff that most people already know about.

>saag
>bhathuras
>vadas
>dosas
>biriyani
>bhel puri
>pao bhaji
>sambar
>pani puri
>chillas

Best cuisines on the planet are Indian.

My favourite cuisine, but I'm a britfag and have grown up with it being popular

sorry no, I don't eat food made by people who shit in their own water supply

im sure your mother will grab you some taco bell on her way home from work

Diarrhea, my favourite

I love the designated shitting spaces out of indian cuisine

poo joke

acting like palak, dosas, briyani, and sambar are cool don't make you a hipster.....

Also;
forgetting Dal......

only when it's made by a white chef so I know he's washed his hands

I've never had it before. I've been wanting to make a curry for a while now, but I keep forgetting to lookup the ingredients needed before I go to the store.

Making some chicken masala right now

No. Not after I read this - swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/14493090.Chef_found_with_bottle_covered_in_fecal_matter_in_his_kitchen_banned_from_running_food_businesses/

Yes

>I've never had it before.
Only things extra you'll need is maybe cardamon, you should already have chilli powder, cumin, turmeric, cloves, garlic, cinnamon, nutmeg, bay leaves and pepper. If you have those spices you can probably make 80+% of Indian curries when you get necessary veggies/meat. You probably already have fenugreek, coriander, ginger and other shit too.

However, although you might have the same or similar thing, sometimes you'll need a specific type of the spice, eg Kashmiri chilli, to really nail the flavour.

You can use clarified butter or vegetable oil instead of ghee.

The amount of samefagging is sad

I love it, but it's pretty devoid of nutrition a lot of the time.

Other than that, my go-to is lamb tikka masala

If you haven't tried Indian food, find a decent Indian restaurant in your area and try out the lunch buffet.
You will probably find something you like.
I would make sure to get fresh Naan (Indian flatbread) & a mango lassi for the full experience.

not that they are cooler they are just the less talked about of the foods that happen to be more interesting.

>be out with the guys
>me: "hey guys we should go for some indian"
>guy1: "totally man! lets get some of dat nayyne bread and butter chicken!"
>guy2: "yeah and some tendoori chicken!"
>guy3: "and lamb korma!"
>me: "what about some dosas?"
>all3: "what is that?"

I fucking love it. One of my favorite dishes to make is palak dal.

I will only eat Indian food that I made myself or from a trusted family who I have been good friends with for over 2 decades. All other attempts have resulting in food poisoning or a poor quality meal.

No. When I walked into an Indian restaurant in a flyover city and saw the owner's wife changing her kids diaper on a serving counter, I ran for my life. I will never walk through the door of an Indian restaurant again.

Sure I love tikka masala

ay man dal tadka is my jam

South indian here, dosa/idli/vada/upma are all breakfast foods. You wouldnt say lets go get pancakes,wafffles,toast,crepes,donuts when you want to eat something that will fill you up.

You can have them but honestly, its kinda weird to suggest it.

the south indian places where i live serve them all day long.

POO FOOD

YES! I've only had it once but I loved it. I weish we had more of it here in Mexico.

Then you should only go during morning or lunchtime cause you dont want to be eating stuff thats been sitting all day, when you make the batter you start the night before. Except in tamil nadu where they sell it around the clock, other southern states stop selling breakfast items by 11pm.

I love masala dosa that is stuffed with potatoes, I eat that stuff like its a burrito but honestly I wouldnt risk it bro. Sadly no restaurants serve peanut chutney with dosa, honestly i throw the chutneys they give into the trash. Coconut is meh and the watery mint stuff is rancid.

all the indians here (new jersey) eat dosas at dinner too, you faggot

yes, hate indian people though

the south indian restaurants in north america serve dosa for dinner all the time and most indian restaurants regardless of their regional style are not even open for breakfast.

ive never even had south indian for breakfast before.

bruh nothing is better than a well done chicken achari

Thats because the option is there in america/uk/aus. When I lived in india and the times ive visited, I have never eaten breakfast food at night unless we made it at home & that has been rare maybe less than 5 times in my 25+ years. You can but its a strange thing to do, you wouldnt go to ihop and eat a bunch of pancakes with maple syrup with sausages and scrambled eggs on the side as a normal dinner.

As I said in my earlier post, in india they shut down breakfast by 11am(mistake wrote pm earlier). Then switch to just serving regular stuff like tea/snacks and some dishes then they switch to dinner items from late afternoon to night.

With the making for dosa batter and for idli/vada and other food. You have to soak the ingredients in water and then mix them in a grinder for a paste then you let that ferment so normally that stuff is already 8-12 hours old when they open at 7am in the morning. So if youre eating it at night then that stuff has been sitting there for nearly an entire day. I wouldnt really trust it to be honest unless the place is run by exemplary indians.

I like it but I would never order it, indians are filthy animals

You do realise that you don't actually have to go to India to eat Indian food, don't you?

this. luckly, you can get a brit cuck to cook good Indian food.

im sure the restaurants here have a different schedule since i already said its near impossible to find an indian restaurant that is actually open at breakfast time in america.

No, I'm white European so I refuse to eat subhuman fecal food. Britcucks love it though.

kek at all the poo jokes.

its great ive only made tikka masala myself. should cook some other recipes too someday

No. The people smell really gross and the couple I've been to in Seattle have been shit tier.

Curry is GOAT. Ayurveda is GOAT. Too bad today's indians can't into poo in loo.