Shitty restaraunts

So co/ck/les, let's bitch about shit places we've worked. Smokehouse from Portland, OR. Owned by a 5' faggot who thinks he's the shit because he was on Top Chef, run by a spineless bitch who can't hold a station, and the GM believes that white people aren't people. Not to mention Cattlemans bbq praised as house sauce and meat sourced from Sysco.
Inb4 fast food or family casual chains, you aren't cooks, fuck off back to Pinterest.

Nice blogpost

I agree that's a shit hipster restaurant. Glad I moved from that shithole city.
So many bad meals that are praised as "the best" by brainwashed hipster cunts.

Le Pigeon and little bird at top-tier though

Boise fry company in Portland is also a horrible restaurant.
Bad quality meat with shitty employees

Nice contribution. Are you a welldone, a gluten free, or do you just cook for your husband (male)?

Kachka is one of the worst meals I had in PDX.
Fucking Russian Jews

Shit places I've worked
>Pleasant House Bakery

Here's a list of shitty restaurants I have worked at in Boise, ID.
-St Lawrence gridiron
-Barrel 55
-Prost
- cloud 9 brewery
All of these places used the shittiest ingredients possible and had literally retards as cooks.
I've never seen such a lack of care of food in my life, Boise certainly is a one of a kind place.

Other notables are Lowbar, the exec chef spent 7 years inside for fucking an 11 year old girl, and Bleu Door Bakery, the owner killed her own kid for being gay.

Kek, sounds like a class act

Why are restaurant workers almost all shitty people who deserve death?

This is true, I can confirm

Because restaurant workers are a subset of humanity, and most humans are shitty people who deserve death.

Why are shitposters almost all shitty people who deserve death?
Internet tough guy here people, back away from your monitors.

>a professional cook
More like a "professional cock". You sound like a shitty person who blames everyone but themself for problems.

Okay, let me tell you fuckers some of my experiences:

>Sports bar and grill type place near my house
>Go there one night with my buddies
>Place is apparently under new management
>Appetizers are actually okay, even if the waitress seems slow (speed wise and mentally) but whatever, no big deal
>I order a burger
>I don't know how they managed this but they managed to dry it where it was crusty on the outside and almost like powder on the inside
>Thing had barely any fat in it
>Friends have similar complaints
>Decide to order drinks
>We all get mojitos
>Every one tastes different, some are sweet as hell from simple syrup overuse, some are almost painfully sour or bitter.
>They even forgot to fucking put mint in mine
>Don't go back again

It was a real shame too, it was a great place for a few years and then it just hit the wall and closed down.

Sounds like Veeky Forums regulars to be honest

>being a man
>ordering a mojito at a sports bar

Every place I've worked

>white trash
>stereotypical black people
>alcoholics
>druggies
>really bad tattoos
>always fucking one another
>always smokers
>can't go 4 words without saying 'fuck'

>Every place I've worked
>>white trash
>>stereotypical black people
>>alcoholics
>>druggies
>>really bad tattoos
>>always fucking one another
>>always smokers
>>can't go 4 words without saying 'fuck'
You couldn't go 6 lines without using "fuck". You have no room to judge.

This is correct.
I am 4 on the things you listed, also shitty tattoos

When I worked my way through college at pizza places, your list was accurate for every employee I ever encountered including myself, minus the tattoos because they weren't a thing then.

Altho i typically work fine dining ive worked in some greàse pit 500+ seat sports bar bullshit cançer during the off season bc i deal well with high volume rape shows,.. Nothing like some pleb owner who doesnt even know 5% of what i know tell me how to do my job and talk down to me.. Fucking cancer then i tell them what i make during tourist season and they act like its no big deal even tho in their heads they know theyll be losing their best line cook in april.. Fml

The Twisted Fork in Cherry Valley, MA
I was in college and super green to the industry. I like checking out the social media accounts for fun because it just makes me angry that I ever worked there. The "chef" is a pathological liar and spouts nothing but bullshit whenever possible.

There was this restaurant in my college town that I went to with my parents once. I had my meal and I was astounded. The fish was rubbery, the fries were soggy, and the bread was stale. It was the first time in my life I actually felt revolted by what I was served. I felt like Chef fucking Ramsay himself pointing all this out to the waitress and I politely asked for a burger instead.

It was charred black and took 20 minutes, if I had any sense I would've realized he had probably spat on it too. Fuck that cook. I can't even remember the name of that place and I never want to.

Do tell

This list basically describes factory workers too, especially
>>can't go 4 words without saying 'fuck'
listening to tradies talk is like all you hear is random blabber punctuated with fuck.

I'm glad he didn't make it far on top chef. He struck me as being pretentious.

I been a few of Jose Garces restaurant, except for amada. Pretty underwhelming.

Man I used to be addicted to Top Chef. Has it gotten even worse with the product placement and bullshit challenges/exceptions/favoritism?

this season is pretty good. Product placements isn't as egregious as previous seasons. the chefs, for the most part are really good.

i'm in seattle.. i cook at a good restaurant here, but we do a boys night out in portland where we catch a blazers game (boss is paying for my tickets and the hotel room because i won a bet on trump winning) and hit titty bars and get really drunk.

very much looking forward to le pigeon.. we went to andina last year because a guy chef went to culinary school with worked there and it was pure fucking garbage

>literally $24 for half an avocado with chunked up lobster
>a dish that was more sauteed onion than steak
>my obnoxiously massive portion of lamb shank
>the white server who over-emphasized the spanish words.. i can still hear "COH-TE-HA" and "CI-LAAAN-TRO" like it was yesterday

and no joke 150 people work there. they have an entire upstairs prep kitchen with two industrial coffee machines up there.. it's insane. (also insanely bad)

Because restaurant margins are such that normal people aren't generally willing to work for the wages offered.

Welp. Gotta make your money somewhere. Our kitchen does the opposite. Literally five people between two kitchens and the dish pit
on our busiest nights. Just this year stepped it up to having two cooks in the pantry most nights instead of one.