We had a chili cook-off at work today!

We had a chili cook-off at work today!

The winner was one that used beef brisket. Personally, I think that was cheating. What do you think?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MrcW5rqFUn0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Was it against the stipulated rules? Then no it wasn't cheating.

I won a chili cookoff with a white chicken chili once, the NO BEANS JUST MEAT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE guys could not deal.

I think you're a sore loser

How is using brisket to make chili cheating?
Go home you fucking freak

Because there are great flavors that are possible with brisket that you just can't do with regular ol' ground beef.

>tfw office of one
>no coworkers to fool around with, at best we tell each other jokes on the phone

I've been sitting here doing nothing for almost 7 hours and nobody has come through my door. I've been shitposting the whole day

what the fuck kind of fucked-up hot dog buns are those

but brisket is a terrible cut. thats why the only way to make it is smoke it

I don't cook for my office potlucks because I don't want to bring something they like and then have to feed the herd every supid mother fucking god damn occasion

So you were making chili with ground beef?

If it's that good charge them for it you putz. People pay for food if they don't understand it and you lie about how hard it is to make.

>that you just can't do with regular ol' ground beef.

Sure. Who the fuck makes chili with just "plain ground beef" That sounds like pleb-tier shit. They probably use a seasoning packet too.

Brisket is great for chili. It's also good for hamburgers--it has almost a sweet taste to it. Though I do think that short rib is the best burger cut.

What was in your chili, OP?

And why didn't you counter with pork belly?

>I've been shitposting the whole day
I do the same thing but as a security guard

You don't charge people at a potluck, you retard

bring in some fucking bread then next time

something only becomes expected of you if you do it three times in a row, so you gotta stagger it out by being a stingy fuck every once in a while

Beat me to it. Butt hurt

>>read brsket
>>thought of haxing
>>Red hax

Eat that fags lunch tomorrow

At my last pot luck or whatever they called it I just dumped 20 bucks worth of canned chili into several small pots to bring it to a boil then transfered it into a slow cooker. Did this right before i arrived, took no effort, little money, and no one was the wiser

Dude, I want your job

>something only becomes expected of you if you do it three times
I work with all women. Once would be enough

Do you work at a small paper supply branch? Is this what really happens in office settings?

Sounds pretty neat. Do you ever jack your little dick off at work?

Is this some clever troll? How is this considered cheating? Is op reatarded?

i never put meat in my chili. My chili would blow all that chili outta the water.

>Is this what really happens in office settings?
I'm a programmer and I work in an office building at a small IT company.

We do stuff like this all the time.

At our Thanksgiving potluck, I brought 8 pounds of mashed potatoes made with plenty of bacon and butter. We had two turkeys, as two co-workers were competing to see who made the best smoked turkey. A ham, many other traditional Thanksgiving sides. Fucktons of pies and desserts. We hardly worked that day because everyone was in a food coma.

Also, our company provides local craft beer in the fridge for employee consumption whenever, and on special occasions like potlucks, usually someone brings a bottle or two of whiskey.

Tomorrow we're having another band rehearsal, because we have a company rock band going. I'm on drums.

Some office-building environments are fucking awesome.

t. Texan

p cool

Did your office/workspace smell like a horrible concoction of chili farts for the rest of the day?

if you guys are looking to take on an entry level dev, just hit me up.

>The winner was one that used beef brisket. Personally, I think that was cheating. What do you think?
I did a "green chili" during my work's chili cookout last month. I was disappointed that mine didn't win, but in years past I was assured that canned chili had won, so the tastebuds aren't so gourmand.
But, next year I did think brisket=win. I am thinking to try a full meaty slow cooker texas chili style.

Sent ;)

Same with me, but at night

Who is this girl? What is her name? What does she do? Did she vote for your chili? Have you fucked her?

Those are New England style hot dog buns

OP here. This is what the winning chili looked like. Does that look like chili to you? And no, I did not enter the competition, but I did taste all of the entries.

she looks like reviewbrah in a wig

All of this food looks fucking delicious. Too bad I'm starving and can't even cook because I'm broke and our stove is actually broken.

On the positive side, I have some canned beans. Are there any ways to turn canned beans into chili sort of beans? I have access to a bit of sriracha but that's about it.

>a bottle or two of whiskey
At some point, someone is going to fuck this up for everyone.

>contains beans
Yup, that looks like some pretty good chili

>chili with beef brisket
>wins the contest
youtube.com/watch?v=MrcW5rqFUn0

I hope this mofo paid homage to their cooking god, as all Food Jacks aught

just the idea of jack getting a pedicure makes my stomach curdle

>there are great flavors that are possible with brisket that you just can't do with regular ol' ground beef.

Sounds like a great reason to use brisket instead of ground beef then.

Not him but I've worked in enough offices with booze around (one with an entire booze trolley) that yeah, it's inevitable that somebody will.

But when they do it's their problem, and it goes down in lore as "That time that Bob got drunk and..." I've never heard of a company taking the alcohol away because someone goofed.

This 500cal. coffee isn't quite hitting the spot. Can I get a 200cal. coke also? Nice. Who's ready for lunch?

you fucking asshole, i was about to eat

You could have won buy useing chuck ...

>not using beef ribs that have already been dry rub bbq'd

Anyone foolish enough to use beans?

Were they immediately DQ'd?

apparently yes and also no.

Lol is that beer one of your meme benefits?

We have phenomenal potlucks at our office, and I do use that term literally: I'd wager ours is among the best that any other offices in the city put together.

We have a diverse staff and that is reflected in the variety of dishes brought. Typically 25-30 people participate. Tables and tables and tables of food... mostly by people who can actually cook.

You lying mother fucker! You did not in fact win shit with some faggoty turkey chili without beans. This my friends is the truth!

He did too. There were only two entries and the other guy brought Hormel.

What if it had been Wendy's instead of Hormel?