How to the flat earthers reconcile the fact that we can travel AROUND the globe though?

how to the flat earthers reconcile the fact that we can travel AROUND the globe though?

What if the Earth is actually flat, and only appears spherical due to gravitational lensing?

The earth is obviously a torus.

Fuck off

You'd just go in a circle, or over the north pole. How many people get to cross over the south pole?

Underrated. I kekked

Why can't we compromise and say the Earth is a flat sphere?

if flat earth cannot be proven through experiment then it is not worthy of debate

It's magic; I don't have to explain it.

How has no one fallen off yet?

Actually, because of gravity you wouldn't be able to fall off a flat Earth.
Although the closer you would get to the edge, the more gravity would pull you towards the center. Like climbing a steeper and steeper hill.
If you managed to climb on the edge, you'd be able to walk on the edge normally.

>Disregarding middle school geography by outright calling the Earth flat

For what purpose?

>Although the closer you would get to the edge, the more gravity would pull you towards the center. Like climbing a steeper and steeper hill.
But that assumes gravity working the way we now know it does, which we were able to discover in conjunction with knowing the world is round. In that case, there would be no way for a flat earth to sustain itself, gravity would pull it into a sphere shape. The only way it could make any sense is if "down" is a universal direction, rather than toward the Earth's center. pulling equally on the whole thing, and there's something underneath to prop it up. In this case, there'd be a risk of walking off the edge, unless there's some kind of barrier.

Wake up sheeple

Don't you know that's what Sarah Palin meant when she said she can see Russia from her house?

>Sarah Palin was trying to tell us the truth the whole time, but we didn't listen

this

do people forget that gravity bends light?

How do flat earthers explain pictures and video taken from space?
Technically if a flat earth did exist then there wouldn't be enough mass beneath you to hold you down. If there was then the fact that dirt and water falls downhill would cause said flat earth to colapse on itself sooner than you could reach the end of it.

They usually claim that a fisheye lens is being used or that if they were taken up into space they've been drugged into believing that's it's a sphere.
>They're idiots

actually lol'd

>le (((gravity))) meme

No such thing. Earth is a plane that is accelerating upwards at 9.81 m/s^2

Actually according to GR this is true. If you want to consider Earth's surface as an inertial frame of reference this must be the case. And when I say "inertial" I mean constant velocity straight line. And when I say "velocity" I mean 4-velocity. And when I say "straight line" I mean straight world line. Einstein was a flat earther that redefined flat to be in accordance with classical physics.