Buffalo wings

Buffalo wings.

Making some soon, whats your best recipe?

Fry some chicken and put a shitload spicy spices mixed in a lightly sugared sauce on it.

or just equal parts butter and Franks

No matter where I get them or who makes them I always have the hot shits the next day :(

made some a couple days ago
I like mine fried until they're almost jerky
sauce is butter, louisiana, cayenne powder, pepper, dash of worstershire and cornstarch to thicken

I like to season with Weber Black Peppercorn Steak seasoning and Weber Kickin' Chicken seasoning, then grill over charcoal while brushing on Sweet Baby Rays Buffalo Sauce. They are quite good and loaded with flavor

Quickly fry the prepped wings/drumettes. Then finish them in the oven. They're a lot of work.

>take drums and flats, wash and pat dry, stick them in a bowl with a couple tablespoons of peanut or canola oil
>toss around in oil, shake off excess oil and place on foil lined baking sheet
>coat with preferred seasoning. I go with cayenne, salt and pepper.
>bake at 450 for 45 minutes in convection oven, flipping at least twice throughout cooking
>on stove top, combine equal amounts Frank Red Hot and Clarified Butter for Buffalo Sauce.
>pour into large plastic container, then lay cooked wings over sauce. Seal tight with lid and shake to coat.
>finish on plate with ramekin of blue cheese dressing

This is way more work than it needs to be.

Washing is for pussies, and don't bother tossing them in oil. Just spray a foil lined baking sheet.

Don't bother seasoning. Buffalo sauce is overpowering.

Convection isn't needed. One flip is enough. Don't be afraid to overcook; I doubt it's possible.

Use regular butter and Frank's. Heat it in a metal bowl over a heat source (pot of boiling water, etc) so the butter melts.

Large plastic containers with lids are for tupperware parties. Just dump the wings in the bowl and toss to coat.

Put the dressing in a goddamn bowl. Fuck ramekins. Who wants to dip in a container with straight sides?

Buffalo wings aren't bad but pretty much every other wing sauce is better

real buffalo

get some lump charcoal and grill them, way better than fried.

That means you're a normal human. What we eat, must come out. We all get the hot shits, enjoy it.

I buy wings at Costco and spin them in this

Anyone else Denver here?

I can't find good hotwings to save my life. Fucking forget about delivery.

Fire on the Mountain is ok but the wings are small and way overpriced.

Anyone got a good ratio of butter to Franks?

Woody's Wings is pretty good if you're on the Northwest side of Denver

Service was pretty shitty last time I was there though, years ago

>Anyone got a good ratio of butter to Franks?

About 1:1 Say half a stick of butter and a good slosh of Franks. It's not real hot.

i unironically enjoy cheesecake factory's wings

I deep fry mine in peanut oil. I've tried lard and other oils, pressure cooking, oven, grilled, but peanut oil is my favorite

Whenever I make buffalo sauce I will use about half or three quarter cups of Frank's, about a tablespoon of butter, a little over a tablespoon of barbecue sauce, and just a dash of honey. The honey and barbecue sauce help cut the spice and add some good flavor too. Also, if you like really spicy wings sprinkle some cayenne into the sauce.

The price is total bullshit.
>Not hungry because I ate already but friend wants food
>Only sitdown place without a wait within a couple blocks is Cheesecake factory
>I'll just get something light and a beer
>Wings are 12.99 for 8
>Just get a burger with a side salad since it is 13.99

All the apps are ridiculously priced but the wings were disgustingly overpriced

>fry wings
>toss in buffalo sauce

Wow.

eh, I'm from Yurop so that price isn't too bad for the portion size. Here in England you wouldn't get a portion that size for that price.

frying is a pain, but oven wings don't come out crispy enough to avoid getting soggy when sauce is applied. My solution is to cook the shit out of the wings.

In the oven at 400f for 1 full hour. Put foil on your pan, spray it with cooking spray, then put the wings down skin-side up. Place them on the top rack (or whatever rack is furthest from the heat source) and don't touch them, don't flip them, nothing. If you flip them, the skins will rip off and they'll be ruined. By cooking them for 1 hour the wings come out crispy enough that they'll retain their crisp once you toss them in sauce - and since wings are dark meat they have enough grease to remain juicy on the inside even throughout the long cook time. Once they come out I use Frank's buffalo sauce, but you can use whatever sauce you prefer.

I've posted this method on Veeky Forums before and have been met with the obvious "enjoy your shitty dry wings" etc. My friends and roommates beg to differ. The cook time is long and that's a bit of a bummer but I guarantee these will be the best non-fried wings you've eaten

Why wouldn't it be better to bake at 400F for 20 minutes then crank the broiler to high and put them under that for 10 minutes to crisp the exterior? Seems like less chance of them drying out on you.

>two tatertots just sitting there
What the fuck man?

could work, I just haven't tried it that way. My current way produced a wing I was very happy with so I just stuck with it, have probably done it 50+ times at this point. The added benefit is that you just throw them in there and forget about them for an hour without having to fuss with them in between

>frying is a pain

How so? In fact, how could it be any easier?

-switch on deep fryer.
-while it's heating up get your wings out of the fridge & ready to go.
-Put wings in the oil for the correct amount of time.
-Remove wings, toss them in sauce.
-Turn your fryer off and cover it back up again.

Where's the hassle?

cleanup
uses tons of oil
it's very laborious compared to cooking in an oven

What cleanup? You know you don't have to wash the fryer after every use, right? You can leave the oil in there for next time.

As for the oil, sure it does take a large volume at first but I'm not sure how that constitutes "a pain". Expensive, maybe. But certainly not anything involving effort. And you know you can re-use the oil many times, right? It's not as if you have to throw it out every time.

>laborious
How so? You just dump the basket in there. You don't have to fuck around with flipping them partway through.

Not everyone has a deep fryer. Also you sound like someone who enters conversations to argue till you feel like your point comes out on top so fuck off

Ever since Frank's became so popular and the only wing sauce I've used for years, all the old hot sauces i used to use started tasting 10x better.

Dark meat doesn't dry out. It's not even possible.

Amazing things happen to chicken skin and fat when you bake it for an hour. You can't replicate that with fast heat.

Also works for legs and thighs.

>Dark meat doesn't dry out. It's not even possible.
>Dark meat
>wings

>dark meat
>wings
and yeah it does dry out. Every meat dry out if it gets too hot. The fat will just gives you the illusion that it isn't, it will cover it, but it will be dry. Ruined. Now fuck off and don't talk about food ever again.

Wings are dark meat, culinarily speaking.

Go ahead and cook them for an hour and tell me if they dry out. I'll wait. If you reply before an hour has passed I'll know you're lying, so don't try it.

Anyone attempt to brine the wings before baking them? Is that a thing? Can that be a thing?
I was thinking about brining some wings, tossing them in the oven, and then putting a hot brown-sugar based sauce on them for the last 5 or so minutes.

I soak them in a mix of one mexican hot sauce and an american hot sauce (like Crystal) overnight with a tablespoon of flour mixed in.

Then bake, grill, smoke the next day, delicios and not so saucy.

You can add more sauce if you like that shit dripping off your elbow.

I got one of those stupid fruity sous vide machines that make pretty good chicken. The best chicken wings I ever had were...chicken thighs.

Boneless, skin-on chicken thighs, cooked 189F for 45 mins and then refrigerated until I wanted some buffalo chicken.

Simply fry the skin side down until it's crispy and slice into strips. They go great on anything, but are ideal when tossed with some Franks+butter and served with blue cheese dressing.

The meat is tender and the skin is crisp and no stupid bones!

BLUE CHEESE DRESSING

Mix up:

sour cream
mayonnaise
blue cheese, chunked
powdered garlic
powdered onion
milk or buttermilk to thin, if desired

Chill to allow flavors to combine.

>go to beedubs
>order wings

I don't know shit about cooking. I just have mummy do it for me. Don't you have a loving mommy user?

BUFFALOES DON'T HAVE WINGS YOU FUCKING MORON IT'S JUST CHICKEN