Hey guys!

Hey guys!

So as lots of you will know, we have a yearly cooking competition here on Veeky Forums, where people cook and present dishes according to themes which are then rated by other people taking part or just observing.

I've been in contact with a few of the competition regulars and we thought it'd be cool to up the anti a bit. Because some trolls decided to try their best to ruin the last one, we were thinking of maybe adding in a panel of 'official' judges (no spoilers but we know of someone pretty well known in the cooking industry who'd be willing to take part!), who will verify their scores with timestamps. We could keep the public vote too, but the winner of the judges votes will win the prizes.

And the other thing we were looking at changing were the prizes themselves. As a thanks to the people spending money and putting time in to this, I was thinking of pushing out the boat a bit. And if they encouraged more people to take part, that would be all the better.

Anyway, feedback would be appreciated. As well as new ideas you guys have.

:(

this is stupid

try reddit? im not even kidding. this seems like something they would like to do, and keeping track of votes/votes/ winners/judges would be much easier there

What did said trolls do last year?

A guy called Thomas lied about his grandma to score sympathy points on his food.

choo chooo

how do we taste the food? does it get mailed to us?

You haven't actually been here for the competitions, or you wouldn't be saying that.

I remember that guy Yellowmug samefagging high scores for all his own submissions

Wow this is still going.. I remember stumbling on the co/ck/off a few years ago and loved the threads but haven't been a regular back here in a while.

I probably won't participate because I am shit tier cook and don't have much time but keen to see this again.

also, is the official judge Jack? because that would be absolutely hilarious!

bamp.

>Jack
You know where to fuck off back to.

tongue in cheek buddy.

that's a good mchicken

With imagination.

That actually sounds fun

If we do judges they should be the winners from the first two Veeky Forums challenges provided they're still around and can confirm that it's them with timestamp

I'm newfag, what are rules?

Rule number one is to shut the fuck up.
Other thwnvthat, you just cook and take pictures of your dinner. It's like instagram for autists, only you're getting praise on an anonymous image bosrd.

I am down. But every dish should be pre determined, an image limit should be on every dish...say ten Mac.

Plus we need a start date.

I have more thoughts but I got banned for a Flavor Town thread yesterday and I hate phone posting.

leave and never come back

I've been here longer than you...eat shit.

>I am down
>Flavor Town thread
>ten mac

You know what? Do us and hiroshimoot a favor by not wasting precious Veeky Forums megabits on a submission. Sometimes, the best way to contribute is to not.

K. Don't get mad brah. I'll sit this one out.

>We could keep the public vote too, but the winner of the judges votes will win the prizes.

nah

the chaos of decisive public voting is what makes it good

otherwise what's the point of doing it on Veeky Forums?

Plus we tie the competition on with the IRCNet chat channel?

Definitely want to get in on this. But I need to ramp up my cooking knowledge by a ton.

>Anyway, feedback would be appreciated.

Seems like a gigantic circle-jerk waste of time.

If the dishes cannot be tasted by the judges then it is completely pointless.

chekc my dubs

That is true too, its hard to really judge stuff because even really good stuff could be under-seasoned.

This sounds fun, and I would definitely participate.. but, isn't competition cooking generally judged by the taste?

True. At that point it becomes solely photography of presentation. The flavor and texture have no meaning, which is retarded. Sure presentation is one component, but I don't believe it's the most important by any stretch.