Tfw humanity is smart enough to know how to ruin the planet, but too dumb to save it

>tfw humanity is smart enough to know how to ruin the planet, but too dumb to save it

Save it from dumbposters?

>tfw to intelligent to save humanity

I am a pessimist, but there are scientists out there who offer solutions. It requires a different way of viewing the world and a restructure of our social system.

I do fear that the people and politicians will not listen to these scientists. Additionally, some politicians and cooperation might try to stop any change from happening.

I am projecting some major crises and blow-ups in the future if nothing changes, but I am not entirely sure how. I can't visualize it.

>social system.
Not only social system though. Economic system and so forth.

The planet is fine.

Capitalism inherently prioritises short term incentives. Until you do away with capitalism, we will continue to run things into the ground for profit.

If this rock can still have life after the Permian extinction event,there is not much we can do to kill all life on earth. More so the actual planet meaning down to the core is fine no matter what we do on the surface.

only the surface matters

>All individual and all specific things have their births, development, and deaths. Every person must die, because he was born. Man must die, and Chang San [i.e., any Tom, Dick or Harry] being a man, Chang San must die. None can see Confucius who lived 2,000 years ago, because he had to die. Mankind is born, and therefore mankind must also die. The earth was born, and so the earth must also die.
-Mao Zedong
I'm pretty sure most physicist would agree

Eventually, but not now.

Life is already pretty damn easy to create. And the universe is really big place. And if you study the brain then you know it's just a system that responds to external stimulus in a way to maximize chances of reproduction. Hence, everything you do is for sex basically. And physics already says faster than light travel is very hard to do. So we won't be seeing other planets anytime soon. And there is no real reason to believe the singularity can figure out the problem when we haven't done it. Obviously we could figure out cures for cancer and shit but FTL? Probably not. It's probably an NP problem minimum and my guess is N =/= NP so we are fucked on that.

And if you were willing to accept all of the above then you would easily conclude there is life all over the galaxy. Earth is nothing special. It is probable there are billions of other life producing systems building empires better than our own in every conceivable way. Also, other systems building empires that are worse in every conceivable way. Earth is nothing special. Until you can accept your weakness you will never overcome it. If one neuron in the brain says the right thing but 1,000,000 neurons say the wrong thing you are still fucked at the end of the day. Humans came close to success but ended up falling over the last few steps.

Anyways, the first civilization to figure out FTL will win the game. It's called a god technology for a reason. Only the gods can use it. Earth hasn't been conquered yet (far as I know) so it probably hasn't been achieved yet.

Nietzsche also had a nice one:

>Once upon a time, in some out of the way corner of that universe which is dispersed into numberless twinkling solar systems, there was a star upon which clever beasts invented knowing. That was the most arrogant and mendacious minute of "world history," but nevertheless, it was only a minute. After nature had drawn a few breaths, the star cooled and congealed, and the clever beasts had to die. One might invent such a fable, and yet he still would not have adequately illustrated how miserable, how shadowy and transient, how aimless and arbitrary the human intellect looks within nature. There were eternities during which it did not exist. And when it is all over with the human intellect, nothing will have happened.

>Obviously we could figure out cures for cancer
It is easy really, just eating the right stuff, excising and avoiding pollutants, decreases the probability of cancer.
Those unlucky ones that do get cancer despite eating well, excising and avoiding pollutants could be treated.

The real issue is:
1) Few people are willing to change their lifestyle
2) These pollutants ending up in the bodies of some people due to man's activities
3) There's little money to be made from preventative measures

(Of course it is a bit more complicated, but it does come down to this)

We have clean water, when in past it was hardly obtainable, and even kids had to drink beer or wine not to drink pure water, we dispose safely impurities and don't poison drinking water with feces, we have cleaner air, we don't burn all that much coal and wood and don't use indoors stoves with shit or no chimneys, we can cope with pretty much every natural catastrophe, or at least not be wiped out by it, we made gone diseases that killed our ancestors, we dropped kids' lethality from like 10% to some insignificant fraction of a percent, life expectancy went through the roof, our environment is cleaner and better than any other time in history, I'm just sick of and disgusted by this "we destroy our planet" bs

Then why just after the rise of capitalism our life quality rose up, and those greedy, short-sighted capitalists gave us things no king or tribe leader was able to for like 10 000 years?

All the layers matter

Why do we even take philosophers seriously, they know nothing about anything, feel like they're competent to talk about every single fucking thing and that everything they say is some kind of sacred knowledge provided they express they thoughts worldly enough

Yeah wtf who cares about some gas and shit u cant even see

What offends you about that quote?

>we don't burn all that much coal
there's more coal being burned than ever by western women

We burn it in plants in the middle of nowhere, use the energy more effectively and filter some byproducts of burning it, we no longer have shitty stoves in every room in every building, we have clean electric stoves and gas heaters instead of stoves poisoning us with carbon monoxide and covering everything with soot

>earth is better without us family we should just kill ourselves