How do we stop cardiovascular diseases?

How do we stop cardiovascular diseases?

Other urls found in this thread:

journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0016103
journals.lww.com/co-lipidology/Fulltext/2016/10000/The_central_role_of_arterial_retention_of.6.aspx
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2673691/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/6136795/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/6723937/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

killing people with cardiovascular diseases
t. darwinist

Exercise, don't eat lots of crappy food and don't smoke

This. And if you happen to be genetically unlucky then do your best at the above and prepare your thorax for a bypass surgery and a shitload of pain and inconvenience.

Too bad genetics ruins everything

A collective suicide would be better

Veganism.

There's no gene that makes it impossible to lose weight

High blood pressure and cardiac problems often run in a family.

nobody runs in your family

*ba dum tsss*

We could stop diseases if medfags were good at their jobs.

homocysteinemia is not friendly to the cardiovascular system

So take a supplement. It's better for you than eating an animal that has taken the supplement. Modern cattle only provides B12 because it's given B12.

kek

>he doesn't exercise
>fat af
>lazy af
>smokes
>drinks
>eats a lot of high caloric food cuz "muh delicious"
>comes up to a medfag
>OH HEY DOC CAN U REMOVE MY FATASS SO I CAN SEE MY DICK?

this desu

Jesus will heal all your ailments if you accept him in your heart.

Kekked! No but there is a hereditary factor associated with atherosclerosis.

go run outside, problem solved my nigga

B12 isn't the only factor. You also have the low overall low protein / DIAAS, sulfur-containing amino acid, and taurine content of the diet, and depletion via O-methylation and glycine conjugation reactions involved in phytochemical detoxification which choke the transsulfuration pathway.

>It's better for you than eating an animal that has taken the supplement
No, because then you miss out on health-promoting bioactives unique to animal source foods.

>Modern cattle only provides B12 because it's given B12.
Cattle synthesize B12 in their rumen from dietary cobalt. You're talking out of your ass or generalizing from some fringe practice on a few farms.

>Veganism.
That way we'll never live long enough to have to worry about heart disease?

>How do we stop cardiovascular diseases?
Eat more fish/shellfish.
Live less stressful lives.
Live less sedentary lives.

vegans demonstrably live longer lad

You're half right, in that viruses can influence genes some of the time as well.

That's health industry bullcrap. The real cause of these diseases is viral and bacterial infection and sometimes genetic history. Cytomegalovirus is the actual cause of heart disease, not lifestyle. Look it up.

Can you post some evidence for a robust relationship between CMV and cardiovascular risk?
I had a quick look and the consensus seems to be that there may be some very minor increased risk but no evidence to suggest CMV is the 'actual cause' of cardiovascular disease. For example a study in PLoS from 2011 couldn't show an effect on cardiovascular risk after adjustment for known confounders (ie smoking, obesity and diabetes). The scary sounding relative risk increases that they include in the conclusion are pretty meaningless without adjustment.

Here is the study - open access so the pdf is available. The conclusion is, in my opinion, pretty misleading.

journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0016103

It is a bacterial infection. Same one that rots teeth. I know. I have no teeth and I've had 100% blockages.

Than retards who don't give a shit about their health, diet, lifestyle, or sedentariness? kek

>viral and bacterial infection

Those might accelerate atheroma development, but they are not causal.

journals.lww.com/co-lipidology/Fulltext/2016/10000/The_central_role_of_arterial_retention_of.6.aspx

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2673691/

The implication being that in this case, it's the factor that actually causes the illness, and without it cholesterol would barely cause a thing.

>Signature microRNA expression profile of essential hypertension and its novel link to human cytomegalovirus infection. S Li, J Zhu, W Zhang, Y Chen, K Zhang, LM Popescu, X Ma, WB Lau, R Rong, X Yu, B Wang, Y Li, C Xiao, M Zhang, S Wang, L Yu, AF Chen, X Yang, J Cai. Circulation 2011 Jul 12;124(2):175-184. "Using microarray-based miRNA expression profiling, we compared the miRNA expressions in plasma samples from 13 hypertensive patients and 5 healthy control subjects. Twenty-seven miRNAs were found to be differentially expressed. The expressions of selected miRNAs (miR-296-5p, let-7e, and a human cytomegalovirus [HCMV]-encoded miRNA, hcmv-miR-UL112) were validated independently in plasma samples from 24 hypertensive patients and 22 control subjects. The absolute expression levels of hcmv-miR-UL112, miR-296-5p, and let-7e were further determined in 127 patients and 67 control subjects (fold changes are 2.5, 0.5, and 1.7 respectively; all P

>Cytomegalovirus antigen within human arterial smooth muscle cells. JL Melnick, BL Petrie, GR Dreesman, J Burek, CH McCollum, ME DeBakey. Lancet 1983 Sep 17;2(8351):644-647. 132 patients with atherosclerosis after blood-vessel surgery. More than 25% of plaque and biopsy samples contained CMV antigens.
Melnick - Lancet 1983 abstract / PubMed
>Cytomegalovirus and atherosclerosis (letter). MS Smith, PC Venter, JL de Wet. S Afr Med J 1984 May 19;65(20):793. No abstract.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/6136795/

>Herpesviridae in the endothelial and smooth muscle cells of the proximal aorta in arteriosclerotic patients. F Gyorkey, JL Melnick, GA Guinn, P Gyorkey, ME DeBakey. Exp Mol Pathol 1984 Jun;40(3):328-339. Electron microscopy of biopsies of 60 patients with atherosclerosis undergoing cardiovascular surgery. "Virions of the Herpesviridae family were observed in ten of the patients. They were detected in occasional smooth muscle and rare endothelial cells."

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/6723937/

There's more studies if you want them. Cytomegalovirus is also implicated in COPD.

Stop eating sugar

My Dad and all 4 of his brothers have had heart attacks after the age of 45. I've got a healthy BMI and regularly exercise but it feels bad eventually I can't do anything to stop it.

The case here is that this is not designed in a way that could be used to to support your claims. Wild type C57BL/6 mice are, unlike humans and most other primates, HDL animals and don't experience diet-induced elevations in atherogenic lipoproteins without another compounding factor. The inflammatory background stimulus from acute MCMV infection (with much bigger effect sizes on biomarkers than HCMV btw, which has a quite difference course) is probably acting to interfere with hepatic catabolism of said lipoproteins (they didn't measure plasma lipids) to drive what they're seeing. Human disease on the other hand takes decade to develop.

>don't smoke
That aint gonna happen anytime soon nigga