What's your favorite sci-fi movie Veeky Forums?

What's your favorite sci-fi movie Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0qo78R_yYFA
youtube.com/watch?v=OL_OMJ-vsiA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Matrix Reloaded

The Man From Earth, I think I've seen it like 15 times.

The shining

youtube.com/watch?v=0qo78R_yYFA

Seksmisja

The Martian.

No enemies, no traitors, no magic, no deus ex machina. Just a struggle against the law of physics.

Why do SpaceX rockets look more phallic than NASA or Russia's?

Is Musk trying to tell us something?

Not a movie it's a game but still won't forget it.

1/10 for subtlety of bait.

Love this.

This

Yeah, he's autistic and buys into the pseudoscience of subliminal messages.

Dark Star

the expanse, by a factor of 20.000.0000

Alien is my favorite film, period. But my love of the movie has almost nothing to do with any real science.

And the most creative use of a beach ball award goes to...they did a lot in Dark Star with no budget.

Blade Runner (directors cut of course)
Dark City is a close second.

Gattaca

This, brots, although the amazing design of the alien probably played an influence in my interest in biology.

My diary desu

Magnetic Rose, the first part of the film Memories
Truly a little precious gem

youtube.com/watch?v=OL_OMJ-vsiA

Missile squad ready for combat

Prometheus

Apollo 13

District 9 baby

Hard to choose, but I really enjoyed Sunshine.

my problem with the martian.

he started with sterile toxic and dry martian soil, freeze dried and vacuum packed human poo, and a few potatoes.

then he blows up the hab and loses most of his water, plus he kills what ever plants and microorganisms he had growing. supposedly now he was unable farm more potatoes. despite still having hundreds of potatoes, his own fresh poo, and more rocket fuel he could make water with.

Can't believe none of you n00bz mentioned it.

Greatest Sci-Fi horror of all time. 1982 version that is.

Space Odyssey 2001

A lot of people I know have called this a shit movie but I fucking loved it.

The mission brought along samples of fertile earth soil that he was supposed to use for experiments on growing plants in martian soil. He had mixed that in with the freeze dried shit and martian soil to grow the potatoes. I don't think it's explicitly stated that he used all of the soil, but the fact that he couldn't restart the farm after the hab blew would imply he had used it all the first time around.

The Book/Movie have flaws, but him not restarting the farm really isn't one of them

There are worse things, like a pressurized module with no door sealed with tape and a plastic foil.
But for a SF movie it was almost realistic.

This looks like the next evilution of pepe the frog tbqf fampai.

Such a creepy movie. The new prequel is just nasty.

2001 is the best mixture of art and science.

I don't like my sci-fi revolving around overpaid Holywood types playing with their poo anyway but if you must Silent Running from 1972 is a better pick. Imma gonna roll with Forbidden World from way back in 1982.

Sunshine. The only problem I have with it is the premise, the whole "we have to re-ignite the sun!" stupidity. It should have just been "whoever is the first man on the sun will be rich and famous" instead, imo.

While this is a sci-fi movie, it's more usually considered horror.

Back to the future.

Mr.Nobody

Meh, I dont mind invoking quantum magic as long as no real effort is made to explain it and it doesnt drastically alter the day to day function of the universe. You just accept it as the plot driver it is and move on

Well as I say, it's my favorite sci-fi movie despite its plot.

I will track you down and I will SHIT down your NECK

Yeah I love it too. Having a kiwi actor didnt hurt it for me either

God knows I hate kiwis more than is reasonable, but even the inclusion of a member of this accursed race didn't ruin the movie for me, THAT'S how good it is.

Rood

New Zealand is God's mistake.

You're a big meanie and you have hurt my feelings. Good day sir

Is this what your father told you in order to keep you from realizing that he was molesting you throughout your childhood?

No, it's what he told me to keep me from realizing that he was cucking me by sleeping with my mother.

Event Horizon

> Struggle against the law of physics.
> The Martian.

Pick one

Is no one going to mention the greatest movie ever.

The Core

either terminator 2 or Philadelphia Experiment.

had potential, the """""humor"""" ruined it completely.

I utterly despise that movie, and as such have to watch it every year in the holidays to remind myself how terrible it is.