Bookshelf tread

Show us your place of knowledge

wow! you must be really smart

Here is my bookshelf you fucking faggot.

You are either really old or really stupid lol. Not only are your books infinitely more expensive than mine, they take more space and will cause you trouble sometime in the future when you need to move or have to re-order to accomodate for more useful furniture.

>The "real books" industry still going strong in 2016 selling only to retards.

I wonder if only retards buy books, or if buying books makes you a retard.

What does Veeky Forums think?

Books are an aesthetic element in a room, faggot.

Also, take your pedophile calculus book to .

>Books are an aesthetic element in a room, faggot.
>aesthetic

So you just confirmed that you only buy books to seem smart.

Go kill yourself. If you cared about the content you would just get pdfs but no, you have to stroke your cock so that every time someone has the misfortune of visiting your shit house you can say "Hehe this is my... my book... my bookshelf ooihwwhwhww..." and then have to clean the cum off your pants, faggot.

How is it going with your eyes, faggot? I bet you cant read any book straight up to 6-7 hours without rest.

I have read majority of my books. I also read PDF files. I have sold many of my books away, and keep only those that I value the most.

You have nothing to contribute to this thread, so go away and keep fapping to your pedophile comics.

My eyes are great. 20/20 motherfucker. Also, why read for such a long period of time? I read for at most one hour and then go do something else.

It is called being healthy. You are addicted to feeling smart and that will catch up to you and fuck you up.

Good luck living after 40 with such a fucked up lifestyle, reading for 7 hours straight.

You are probably lying though.

>so go away and keep fapping to your pedophile comics.

The anime thing is a CALCULUS TEXTBOOK.

Fuck.

I can see the appeal of e-books for novels and stuff.

But working with science and text books in e-paper format sounds like nightmare.

> that will catch up to you and fuck you up.
What is the problem to read book for a long period, and then go to gym/run for 1-2 hours?

I only have 2 books. But I've lots of pdfs on my phone and computer.

Why do you study anatomy? Are you a doctor?

I don't study anatomy and I'm no doctor. However, I've year left in my pharmacology degree and once I get that I'll go into medicine. I've already got my HPAT.

>pedophile calculus book

Nice Español you filthy beaner.

bump

Fuck off. This isn't related to science even in the slightest.

>Not using the library

I thought you were sposed to be smert XD

It is.

Bump

autista

First year med

> Ebooks

I bet you have not read through even one of those.

Retard detected

I read the entire linear algebra one. I read like 300 pages of the geometry. 100 pages of group theory, 100 pages of game theory and 200 pages of calculus.

My classes don't use these books, they are just a reliable source of practice and to get ahead. I don't even take a group theory class, we just sometimes do stuff with groups.

Huh, we have the same Calculus and Graph Theory books.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little undergrad? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class at MIT, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret projects on Inter -universal Teichmuller Theory, and I have over 300 confirmed papers. I am trained in mathematical warfare and I’m the top solver in the entire US Olympiad team. You are nothing to me but just another practice problem. I will solve you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before in my ebooks, mark my fucking QED's. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, engineers. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of pure mathematicians across the USA and your problem sets are being solved right now so you better prepare for the storm, faggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your undergrad years. You’re fucking schooled, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can learn anything from over seven hundred ebooks, and that’s just from my phone. Not only am I extensively trained in calculus, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Library of Congress and I will use it to its full extent to deal with your trivial problems, you little freshman. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. Q-E- fucking-D, kiddo.

>3 history books

It's like you can't even read. Lol two of them are about military history.

Why do you even need a pharmacology book?

Do you have medical statistics as a subject?
What is in it?

this x1000, i dont mind ebooks but sometimes its easier to flip between tabbed pages.

I got way to many books, heres a few

>another bookfag getting cucked by the book industry

What is this? >_>

yup just another casualty of BIG-publishing.

I'm in Italy so things may be different here. Basically I'm in first year, so they can't really teach us much about medical statistics because we haven't had any "clinical" course so far. We do stupid high school shit like means and standard deviation. The course is just 20 hours long and so I can't expect much. We will have a real (I hope) medical statistics course in 3rd year, so the professor just suggested us some books that we will also use in the future. Personally I like math so I bought the textbook for indipendent study because I'm not as retarded as many of my classmates. (A similar discourse applies to the Medical Physics course)

his diary, don't be so nosy user

Being a brainlet I cant even retain the bacis subjects like pharmacology. I am glad we dont have these meme subjects

You buy books from 'The Works'

>The anime thing is a CALCULUS TEXTBOOK.
Yeah, a pedophile calculus textbook

This.
Why else would it target a middle-school audience?

You are both dumb. That book is so fucking good. It is sad that I found it when I already knew calculus because I could only read it for the comedy and not the knowledge.

The only flaw in it is that it is not rigorous but if you are a student reading that you probably already have a 'rigorous' book and don't understand shit and that is why you turned to the manga guide to calculus.

>think again, engineers
Oh fuk my sides

Has anyone bought Springer international edition books?

I've read Shankar's Principles of quantum mechanics (US edition) print quality is so shitty you might as well print it yourself. (Is it true, OP?)

I wouldn't mind the shitty quality in the international edition but I'd like to know it's the exact same content.

Keeping books is a brainlet practice. Anyone who is actually smart will read any text in one sitting at their top university library, and be able to digest the information contained in said text over time by using their eidetic memory. I guess the sub 300k annually normies need something to enjoy.

I'm with you, dude. Fuck the h8ers.

I wish I could show you my memory palace indeed for since I'm not a plebeian I use my mind for storing information as opposed to processed wood with a tinge of toxins and electronic devices that spy on me.

Are you peruvian?

Taylor's Mechanics

So... your place of knowledge is empty, got it.

Those are most likely pdfs, so they are fine, but fuck reading a pdf on an iphone 5. I have a phone with a 5.2" screen and even that sucks.

Oh look, another undergrad who thinks hoarding pdfs makes him smart.

I bet you have read only one or two of those.

I'm Spanish, Paco.

You fucking nigger, why did you start a thread with my bookshelf pics and didn't even post your own?

Grant paid for most of mine (the expensive ones at least) and I like reading paper over a screen. I also like annotating in pen on paper more than electronic notes. I also use mostly e-books though, it's impossible not to.

>Allowing people into your house

I have another library for my non-STEM books, these are just the ones I was recently reading or am planned to read (these pics were taken a few weeks ago).

Why do I need a QFT text? It's interesting and good to have a reference you're comfortable with rather than relying on wikipedia for everything.

wat

>the manga guide to calculus

Opinion discarded.

I can't believe you only study for 1 hour a day and you were talking shit earlier

>It is called being healthy
What's your deadlift faggot?

I inherited a ton of books from my dad but i ran out of room so i built 2 more bookshelves. Books around here are like water, if someone needs it you give it to and never expect to see it again.

I practise my shitty pencil drawings in it.

R8 please.

I wish they would teach that our MDs too.

It looks like it would be distracting, justbget stewart if you aren't looking for rigour, he has good quality and explains everything well if not concisely.

My US hard copy is one of the best print qualities I've ever seen. I have no idea where you read that.

penis/10