Other urls found in this thread:

soa.org/Education/Exam-Req/Syllabus-Study-Materials/Exam-and-Module-Fees.aspx
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

thinking about it.
doing math major.
got a statistics exam tomorrow

aspriing

My sister is this it's just excel monkey + exams

My dad's been an actuary his whole life and he's a millionaire (was also made a partner at his first company). It seems like the best way to make lots of money if you're into mathematics. I still don't understand what actuaries do to this day exactly.

>actuary meme

portfolio manager masterrace

Applied autism desu

Just kidding, Actuaries are just Mathfags+Finance theory

anything else u got planned? What else does a math major do

I'm aspiring actuary too, but recently being talked out of it by someone telling me it's a miserable, although lucrative career (they're not an actuary themselves, though, so I don't fully believe them)

It's probably miserable if you don't like math. Do you like math?

I eat math for breakfast

I take it it's something I can enjoy working towards then?

Haha nice meme!

xUtxwS0cB2U9wFhkV2

I don't have personal experience, but the one example I know of (my dad) both has always enjoyed being an actuary and has always had an abnormal enjoyment of pure maths. It's the only hobby he has that I'm aware of, going through his old college math textbooks.

What are the prospects for a math major besides actuary and grad school?

Going insane and starving to death because you're convinced everyone's trying to poison your food.

All the jobs that you want but you must study the theory about it a.k.a. become a little bit more brainlet

finance
banking
operational researcher (guy doing research on fluid dynamics for the construction of an oil rig out in the sea, for example)
high school teacher

thanks

Really hate the actuarial exam structure.

Questions are the most autistic bullshit imaginable, not only are you wading through deliberately confusing wording and piles of arbitrary jargon, but you're given absolutely silly situations to work out because the pass rate is too high if they just test you on workplace-style problems.

It's not meant to test if you're actually qualified to be an actuary, it's just blatant guild gatekeeping.

how many hours (of revision) for all of them?

>old college math textbooks.

Probably several thousands worth of them since they were cheaper back then.

know a guy who's house burned down and all his books in his study were old but in great condition. He had insurance for everything but he has probably like in the ~10k or more worth of books range in that study using modern prices.

math ppl dont tend to use that many textbooks compared to other subjects like history etc. though, right?

from my experience maths is just a whole lot of scribbling on scrap paper, shittonnes of scrap paper, but not so much in the book department

and the study material for it costs so fucking much. You NEED your workpalce to pay fr oyur exams or prices get stupid fast.
See this

soa.org/Education/Exam-Req/Syllabus-Study-Materials/Exam-and-Module-Fees.aspx

and this isn't even taking study materials into consideration

>2000 dollars for a failable exam

There's more :DDDD

Thinking outside the box BTFO