/smg/ - Stock Market General

no brakes edition

Popular brokers for stock trading:
Robinhood
>commission free and no minimum to open
robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on cash/securities and fees from their Robinhood Gold service

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

Interactive Brokers
>$1 commission per 100 shares. $10k minimum to open, $3k if 25 or under. Lowest margin interest. Free API access
interactivebrokers.com

TD Ameritade
>$6.95 commission per trade. No minimum to open. Fantastic data/charting through their free ThinkorSwim service
tdameritrade.com

Degiro (Cheap broker for Europeans)
degiro.eu

Free in depth charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For SVXY/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for SVXY)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

Previous Thread

Attached: 1517850216138.png (1280x720, 1.43M)

Other urls found in this thread:

finance.yahoo.com/news/federal-reserve-fomc-announcement-march-2018-183508716.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Today is a good day!

My memfolio is red, should have went harder into shorting the bonds instead of the indexes, but tomorrow is when I'm hoping for a giant turd to be dropped on this market...

Attached: 1493913025956.jpg (960x720, 96K)

seriously why the fuck you gotta use all the same god damn pictures i use? wtf

Attached: 1cecc4c9304db66084b1db41ead63ff0.jpg (310x310, 17K)

Attached: naruto-thumbs-up.jpg (1920x1080, 126K)

Attached: GorillaBird.jpg (398x500, 136K)

hey faggots, nobody remembers your name or your trip. nobody give two shits about you. your tripfagging just makes you easier to dismiss without reading

Attached: 1506959174237.jpg (1920x1080, 146K)

Attached: 1521310549605.jpg (259x194, 8K)

seriously like every picture, go use them somewhere else, im watchin

Attached: 1520058444984.jpg (960x1186, 133K)

Jesus christ you guys...

have you had enough gay sex today?

Attached: 1472492653108.jpg (502x432, 48K)

Attached: 1521321222720.jpg (640x638, 121K)

Attached: 1519655872324.png (509x911, 159K)

Friendly reminder that $8 is now the norm for Sunrun

Attached: 1520022010104.png (839x526, 25K)

fuck while i was complaining to bagholder fucking CEI takes off

its that time again

Attached: PowerHour.jpg (1280x720, 136K)

Mah niggas I got Shopify at 108 CAD same got bb at 14 CAD on the tsx side

its a pump

no news

no shit, doesn't mean you can't make money on it...

10 mins to the power hour everything looking good gonna sell a lot of my positions to have cash for tomorrow.
Or was the FED rate raise priced in yesterday?

Attached: 1418520815051.jpg (400x438, 25K)

How does the TSX work? Do the shares come from the same float?

fed rates priced in 4 years ago, we moon tomorrow

AMRS YOU DUMB POS GO BACK UP I'M TRYING TO GET OUT OF MY CALLS

Attached: 1521388032988.jpg (181x250, 6K)

>get Powell on the line

Attached: 1483424297634.png (500x387, 449K)

Alright, got a haircut and I'm back home so I can be ready for Wednesday's slaughter VIA Fed Shitposting. Should I just pick up some UVXY at close like I did on Friday? I don't have options yet so yay me.

Attached: FB_IMG_1495102510081.jpg (660x495, 53K)

I just got an invite for options trading. How does this work?

Any eurofags here?
Does Euronext have any American smallcap ETFs that aren't hopelessly illiquid?

hmm its still running

Powell raise the rate 4.5% lets show them who they they're fucking with.

Attached: BogCall.jpg (540x378, 34K)

day 1, already 2/3 day trading holy shit
How long do I have to wait?

Attached: 4t32ttg3g.png (513x779, 46K)

its a short squeeze on a really small float, they did a r/s recently

Buy out-the-money puts on SPX that expire later this week.

>holding TQQQ and VIXY
You know those basically just invert each other, right?

Ok, the indices are green again

Is it a good idea to buy TVIX, hold it overnight and wait for FED shitpost ?

This FED shitpost has been priced in since 2016.

It's funny because some people said that AMRS would burn people again. Even with a huge increase in share prices, it still found a way.

Attached: 1519493537639.gif (500x200, 500K)

wait till tomorrow

Power hour where?
When?

Ok tomorrow at open then
I am so excited because this is gonna be my first time

Attached: promotion.jpg (600x703, 40K)

Duh, its a hedge

just wait till they release the minutes then see what happens

When is this?

But that would be too late wouldn't it ?

Come on Aurora Cannabis you dirty whore drop harder, faster, do it, do it now! Take my $9.99 order. You want to sell me $9.99 shares yes you do.

In fact, I think there will be some kneejerk whatever the shitpost says

Plus, Powell may be like SURPRISE MOTHERFUCKER and announce more rate hikes than expected

finance.yahoo.com/news/federal-reserve-fomc-announcement-march-2018-183508716.html

it would be the most predictable way to make money

How the fuck do I get options on robinhood? I've gotten 3 emails saying options were available to me.

Since there is a 95% chance of a rate hike, I'm assuming only 5% of this has been priced in.

Pomp it.
Get comfy on the line.

Attached: 1520983220022.jpg (1000x581, 119K)

You get the notification in the app where the news slides are click it to go through the questions.
It kept crashing on my iphone so I did it on my old android just fine.

who bought the twitter dip?

Interest rates go up, meaning bond yields increase, meaning riskier investments like equities are less attractive and fall, right?

Priced in

>AMZN mooning again
They can't keep getting away with it.

Investors hate uncertainty. When those bond yields start looking tasty expect to see equities tank.

no because bonds have never outperformed equities and never will

banks need excuses to sell off, so bond yield increase gives them that excuse. see 1985

Sometimes, I wonder
Why do you research shitty memes and read 10-Ks when you can just all-in AMZN and wait for dem tendies

If I had more capital, I would all in AMZN. There isn't a safer bet in the market, period.

COMFY CHAD READY FOR YOUR ORDERS, SIR

Attached: 1521086116873.png (500x805, 392K)

So when do I get dividends?

Right now, I can buy like 16 AMZN shares and never come shitposting here again

Thats no fun.

>Why do you research shitty memes and read 10-Ks when you can just all-in AMZN and wait for dem tendies
cause thats boring as fuck.

In the end, we are in this game for the gains

Its going to come out that the Ruskies used Amazon prime to get faster shipping while meddling in the 2016 US elections.

I'm here for memes and risky bets

I would buy the fucking dip

welp loaded up on some more sqqq today, lets bet on shitposting

100% cash now, everything I had was in profit so I’m saving my gains.
I’m not ready to short, I don’t even think the market is going to dive but with rate hike fud being a mainstay this year we haven’t seen the last of it yet. 2018 will likely be a mediocre year. Bring on tech wreck 2.0, it’s about fucking time. Too bad it won’t be isolated like the first one though. Even more reason to let it rip.
Yes generally, company debt becomes more profitable to hold than it’s equity. At least that’s the idea. It doesn’t happen on a market-wise basis, individual cases maybe, but it does reduce the perceived value of equity.

you can get 100% gains in stocks within a day if you play it right, sure theres a chance of losing money, but thats the way it is. What you gunna do buy AMZN and let it sit there and still come into this thread?

everything you just said is a meme

RH should tell you the payout day.
for me it was 10 days after annoucement.
It's had 30% growth every year for 5 years. there's really not much more room left to grow.
In fact it's already trading at the price expecting it to become bigger than walmart, the biggest company in the world.

in the near future this will tumble 20% and it still will be overvalued.

In the near future every stock you see today will be worth double

Well I’m a big buy&holder and I come to these threads still for two reasons
>This is the most intelligent discussion on the board, sadly
>I catch up on market news and general happenings
If by meme you mean observation of current events then yeah, a meme. You don’t think tech is overvalued? You don’t think the market overreacts to rate hikes? Must be living on a different planet.

sigh

No I dont think tech is overvalued, I think its undervalued in fact. Just because you look at meme ratios and the chart looks high doesnt mean shit in the new world

>This is the most intelligent discussion on the board
say it aint so

Attached: 1513991868716.jpg (749x1069, 64K)

>mfw someone shorts arms near me

Attached: 1518804468955.gif (448x252, 2.84M)

Come to think about it more seriously, I would miss you guys

Attached: having_so_much_fun.jpg (799x1086, 175K)

>still no $WALL ticker
When?

Thanks just checked and I got $0.08. Yay?

If he was smart, yes.

Investing is supposed to be boring. 90% of my portfolio is just MSCI World & EM. Every 1st of the month (regardless of prices) I put about 40% of my net income in those two. 10% of my portfolio I use for 'fun' stuff, buying stocks after a double digit decline for example. If you fuck around with the majority of your portfolio, you'll never be rich.

Remember we're all here forever, together

Attached: 1512252783471.jpg (735x550, 116K)

There's these magical numbers called "Earnings" that you can use to give a true valuation of a stock.

Stocks can't stray away from their true value forever. Reality checks in sooner or later.
Even pricing in great expected earnings, it's 100 P/E. Margins are worse than walmart on fewer sales.

If AMZN doesn't beat earnings in a month, it's going to crash hard.

Treat yourself to a milkshake

If you were holding BGFV it'd be $0.15 a share this Friday

Attached: 1521564279717.png (1080x1920, 46K)

see, you are just believing in memes. Santa clause, tooth fairy, P/E ratios, whatever
why dont you think a little further ahead, like 10 years down the line, even 3 years. You think the valuations of today mean jack shit? earnings will make a stock drop good or bad, its not something a small spec like you can predict

>Investing is supposed to be boring.
if you do it right it's boring and exciting, thats why i mostly play OTC stocks, they can sit in one spot for months then just explode 100%+ in the first hour of a random fucking day

>people panicked about AMRS
Just HODL ffs

Looking good it seems

Attached: Screenshot_20180320-154611.png (1080x1920, 126K)

>HODL
sorry bro this isn't a crypto thread

>swing dividends stock for a couple days
>been weeks since holding that stock
>get dividend
But why dad

Attached: download_20150103_195030.jpg (1024x768, 190K)

I beg to differ man, look at these pops recently from not even bad, but lower than expected earnings. OLED, GRMN etc. Its a straw on camels back scenario from inflation. When this shit ripples through companies that dont provide valuable services : FB, Twitter, Snap etc. Its going to be glorius.

I’m just going to have to disagree and leave it there user. We have all these companies with bolstered prices, high valuations but no profit yet have been outperforming, and with great influence on the rest of the market because of their sheer size. It’s not bubble territory but it’s a bit much. And I won’t ignore actual financial data in favor of speculation about the future.
Basically this
Things are slowly improving. We might get back to Jan 2017 status if crypto keeps falling in the shitter. Wouldn’t hope for much more though

Thats just plain wrong. Stocks drop after earnings even if its better than expected, because thats how big players do it... They see that now the stock is "valued" properly and dump it

twitter and snap will forever be short targetted, they wont drop

I believe in memes because they reduce my risk and increase my reward.
If i was in it for 10 years I would be in an index. in the next year AMZN could drop 20%-40%

April 26, if I'm wrong or right. My bet is if it doesn't beat earnings, it will tank, even if they're good earnings. Because they're already priced in at beating earnings.
Amazon's chart is already at the "greed/delusion" stage, pretty soon we'll see denial

thats because the market runs on stop targets (for companies with no value like tesla and snap)

and from both a fundamental and technical perspective, we should be going up for many more years. Just look at the MAs spread out and the ADX on the monthly. Same as the 50s before we experienced an even bigger bullrun than seen today

>twitter and snap will forever be short targetted, they wont drop
>snap
>wont drop
lol

Attached: 1520055703706.jpg (639x633, 83K)

Short Amazon into earnings?

Never wrong

Attached: 1521479037701.jpg (720x482, 56K)