Beef jerky

just tried this for the first time and wtf?

do americans actually eat this or is it another meme joke like 'go 'za?

rating: FUCKING DISGUSTING!

Other urls found in this thread:

foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/beef-jerky-recipe.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

one of those things that's way better if home made

What'd you get? Jack Links?

turkey jerky is fucking delicious tho

American here and yes I do. Commonly I pack it on long camping trips and hikes. Shits pretty good late at night in the middle of the woods.

I will say home made is way better. Always had it growing up as my father was a deer hunter.

Honestly if OP got Jack Links, i feel sorry for them

Has anyone tried this stuff? All there flavors sound good.

Exactly, he got greasy rectum bits. Not exactly what I would call "food" but hey.

It's my go-to snack on road trips. A big bag can be a tasty snack at one point, complete substitute for a meal at 3 AM when you and your friends are coming back to the hotel after a long bender.

I don't think I've had a single friend on a road trip not beg me for some of this shit at some point.

I always had deer jerkey growing up too. So good

You've never had homemade. Of course, the mass produced crap is garbage. But if you make it yourself, it makes a lightweight, easily portable protein source for an extended stay in the woods.

Don't forget, the plains Native Americans dried and smoked much of their animal harvest in just that manner to protect against starvation when times got tough. They also mixed it with berries and tallow to make pemmican which was very nutritious.

South Africans have Biltong, which is very similar.

I know you're a shitposter, but this was a bit of a failure don't you think?

>for an extended stay in the woods.
so it's good when you're starving and/or homeless? what a ringing endorsement

Beef jerky is somewhat expensive and time consuming to make that can only really be made in clean environments, so no, not really a food for the starving and/or homeless.

You fucking dingus.

Post jerky recipes pls
My dehydrator is feeling lonely and my last batch tasted 3/10 because I'm a failure at life

I've never had a jerky that I liked more than good biltong.

I tried jack's links and it taste terrible

This is the best beef jerky

the beef jerky thinks you're disgusting too.

I have a dehydrator too, and the most 'store-bought' flavored marinade I made was:
foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/beef-jerky-recipe.html

I'd recommend only making a half batch, it's a ton of marinade. I usually use 'eye of round' beef, sliced against the grain.

Also, my dehydrator has a temperature dial, and recommends a high temperature for meat jerky.

Ignore this.

At that temperature, you're cooking, not drying. All the jerky I ever made at high temperature tasted like a baked steak. Use a lower setting for longer.

Now THESE are the guys I want to buy from. Super fucking convenient

I tried it a month ago, i thought it was going to be salty and delicious judging by the photos, it was disgusting, i don't get the American obsession of turning everything into candy.

Anyone tried the jerky shop in Manitou Springs, CO? I've never tried jerky before but the boar and ghost pepper beef jerky was delicious

hourly

yuropoor

I've had a variety of beef jerky and it is delicious. Even the "mass produced" crap people ITT are complaining about is not that bad. OP just has garbage tastes.

Europoor here, It's delicious. I'm making some jerky right now, I got some beef top round, nice and meaty.

Top round is a good choice to use. Are you dry salting or marinading it?

I'm not American and love this.

I think we used to get Shur-fine jerky. But it wasn't economically viable to sell I guess so they stopped.

The packaged beef jerky is garbage, I buy the gourmet expensive shit from my local butcher shop

We don't need to travel multiple days to a number of weeks to reach our destination anymore, guys.

Nor do we need to hunker down in our homestead for multiple days while a storm passes over.

It's okay to admit jerky is unnecessary in this age and not really that good. Please give it up and throw this beef flavored bark in the trash.

>cows taste different around the world?
>Ugh! disgusting!

>I don't like beef jerky because I've never eaten well made beef jerky. Therefore, no one should ever eat beef jerky, guys.

>yuropoors don't go camping/exploring/herping/birdwatching

so fucking glad I don't live in an urban shithole

One thing great about being a flyover, I can walk into huge tracts of woods right outside my backdoor with a canteen and a pouch of jerky and see nothing but wild mammals, reptiles, edible mushrooms, plants and fruits all day. Not a fucking human sighted the whole time. I wouldn't trade that for all the "culture" in the east or west coast septic shitholes for the world.

I just bought a house on 15 acres, the 2 front acres are grassy with some trees, then a stream separates that from the like 13 acres of woods I own.

I fucking love it.

>be american
>go walk in a forest
>get shot

love jerky but its expensive as fuck in syrup land.

a bag costs almost $10..

obsession

Most of the weight of meat is water. Removing water doesn't make the meat retroactively cost less, and then you have store markup.

Home cured/dried jerky can be amazing. And if you've never had deer jerky, I plain pity you.

the only jerky ive ever had was some biltong

it honestly tasted like the liver snaps i give my dog

haven't tried "jerky" since

that looks more like biltong desu

You can almost set your watch by it.

That truly is one thing I envy about you guys who live out in the middle of nowhere. Thankfully I can drive a little ways and be in the woods, but still. Neighbors can be such a pain.

Fuck off

>The BEST you'll ever taste

that is a bold claim indeed

HEB jerky is tip top. I miss texas.

You can't just pick any beef jerky. It has to be well made. The cheap stuff you get in the bags is garbage.