Chicken thighs

Got a package of chicken thighs, what should I do with them?

Is this a trick question?

Nah man, too many choices and I can't pick one because one doesn't come to mind.

put in curry or something like that

Put them in your anoose

The godtier chicken cacciatore.

You can season those bad boys just about anyway you want. What are you into. Garlic, paprika, garam masala, curry or ginger.
Look in your cupboard, take a hard decision and roast those baddies.
I decide for you. Lemon and ginger, salt and pepper. Some thyme.

This sounds pretty bomb desu. But what temp should I roast them at?

Delicious, but too much work.

375 for 30 mins. Broil for 5 mins to crisp that skin.

show them off to your neighbors and ask them "I got thighs guys what are your replys guys???"

get sum butter chicken sauce

Make a marinade with said ingredients and oil, let it talk for a an hour or two. In oven at 200 c for 35 mins.

make some adobo

holy shit adobo is good

over some fresh white rice

yum dude

coq au vin

dry season them with spicy sazon and oven roast

fried chicken

This is what I do. Shred em and make tacos adn quesodillas for days

This

fried chicken.

>tfw can never get skin on thighs where i live

Rub them with olive oil then you can insert them into your anus

Or make a creamy chicken tarragon

or make a creamy chicken tarragon and insert it into your anus

Pat the skin dry, rub with olive oil, season to taste, and bake in the oven at 375* until done.

Do you live in Nazi Germany? I've never seen a store that only had skinless, and I've lived on both coasts of the US and many different places in the South...

I put a BBQ recipe in the cheap food thread that works great with chicken thighs.

Get one of these bad boys and follow the directions with a bit of sliced white onion and pineapple chunks
Serve it on some white rice with green onions and it makes one of the easiest and tastiest meals you can make with chicken thighs

Make any chicken dish that isn't a whole roasted bird, tendies, or chicken Kiev

Pretty much every other chicken dish is made better by using dark meat over white meat

>huli-huli sauce

SE have a really good recipe for braised thighs with bacon and cabbage, it's worth a go.

u flipfag?

Teriyaki

insert

>make some adobo
where the fuck is the fatty pork?

Get a covered glass dish
Put thighs skin-side down in the dish
Pour flavorful marinade (not too acidic/salty, think more like stock with a little lemon juice) over the chicken to cover it half way
Shake around so all of the chicken is wet with the marinade
Cover and bake at 350 until about halfway done
Remove, flip chicken, pat the skin dry with a paper towel, and put back in the oven until it's just a hair underdone
Remove cover and broil until skin is crispy
Dump juices into roux to make a sauce for the chicken

What's the point of doing this in the oven? It would be much faster and use less energy to marinade the chicken first, then cook it in a pan. Sear first on both sides, lower heat to cook through.

It's faster overall. When I was really short on time in university, since I also worked full-time and had quite a commute, I had no time for prep as I got home at 6 and had to be in bed by about 8 (work started at 5). So I worked out that this took, in total, roughly an hour, during which time I could get side-dishes done and sit down to dinner with enough time left over to get 8 hours of sleep.

Marinading it first takes time, however if you cook the chicken IN marinade then the flavor will easily penetrate and provides a larger margin of error to prevent overcooking, as well as keep it juicy. It also makes a flavorful liquid that is nice for a sauce.

The biggest reason is just consistency. It came out exactly the same every time I made it, and as I didn't have enough time to re-do it if I fucked up, this was important.

OK, I could see it being a valid shortcut if you were unable to marinade in advance for some reason.

But it certainly doesn't save on cooking time. You'd be done using a pan before the oven had finished pre-heating.

I'm going to try this

In my experience, cooking thighs in a pan tends to result in somewhat uneven cooking - with the outside being a little dry, and getting the skin evenly crispy without damagning/scraping some off can be a little challenging.

Cooking it my way tends to yield more even temperatures throughout the meat, and the skin typically stays intact and crisps evenly.

One thing I forgot to mention is that after I flip and dry off the skin, I rub some oil and herbs on it.

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS ONE FUCKING AUTIST ON THIS BOARD WHO KEEPS SPENDING MONEY ON SHIT HE DOESN' T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH?

JESUS CHRIST, DID YOUR PARENTS NOT TEACH YOU ANYTHING, YOU COCK SUCKING ASS CHEEKER!

He's just using up the food in his parents' freezer

Goddamnit website on the bottle is broken.

There is no god