Hey Veeky Forums

Hey Veeky Forums
I have my exams in roughly 10 weeks and I basically didn't do anything all the time.
I made a strict plan for the next 10 weeks to master my exams as efficiently as possible.
The next 3 weeks starting now I'm going to devote to learning the basics of maths from all high school to uni (including first year).
During my high school time and even now I was pretty retarded regarding maths, I didn't catch the drift from the beginning and just let it slide. I still easily passed by compensating with other subjects so I never had to learn, so I could play vidya all day long (big mistake).

Anyway now I'm in trouble because compensating is much harder and I need maths anyways in my life to succeed in a Veeky Forums subject.
Can you guys recommend me any comprehensible, compact and retard-proof booklets/scripts (including easy-middle-hard excercises with solutions) to learn basic maths rules up to pic related?
Do you think it's feasible or should I rather concentrate on the other subjects to compensate (I'd really like to understand maths finally though).

Already browsed sticky also learning some basics with khanacademy.com but it's quite slow with videos.
Happy for any help.

tl;dr
>compact and comprehensible booklets/scripts from high school to pic related math tier

I feel like I know all of these except 7. What's the embedded area of a curve?

>basic math
this is not basic math

You actually think you're going to be prepared for your pic-tier exam in three weeks time? topkekaroo

I think they are asking for the the area below the curve but above the origin plus the area above the curve but below the origin since it's sinusoidal.

I said scripts from basic math TO pic related

10 hours per day for 21 days
210 hours
How far can I get?

They're asking for area of a function given by coordinates (x,y) = (cos^3(t),sin^3(t)) ; t lies in R, autismo

With Khan Academy, maybe up to differential / integral calculus, but with surface level understanding only and giant amount of gaps in trig, geometry and you really won't have as deep insight into the problems (while not being able to solve more harder ones at all) you will be solving. Combine all of this while lacking the intuition you gain through months / years of experience and you really aren't prepared to tackle anything more complicated than absolute intro tier problems in respective parts of math.

I'm not trying to discourage you, it's better than nothing, but do not for one second think you really understand the concepts. One day, you will have to take real analysis to be really able to honestly say that you understand it.

Damn that sounds discouraging but thanks for the reality, I'll do my best anyways
Any scripts/booklets you can recommend that would be faster than khanacademy? But still as good explained?
Would you think I'd get 60% of what's in the exam in pic related?

1) requires the knowledge of homogenous differential equations. To solve you need to understand some basic methods of substitution in diffy Q's. You won't learn this on KA, so better find something on differential equations on the internet.

2) Is simple enough and only requires knowledge of complex numbers, KA should be sufficient.

3) Obviously asks you to compute the Taylor polynomial, which again can't be found on KA

4) Differential equations again, 2nd order. special right hand side theorem (that's how it's called in Europe) is the best approach or method of undetermined coefficients in particular.

5) Some basic precalculus

6) Analysis / Calc II. water here, there should be some parts on series convergence on KA.

7) Once again, KA is not sufficient, lebesgue integral territory and I think double integrals are not on KA in detail big enough to be able to compute this.

8) Vector calculus, there are some hints on KA, but there really aren't any exercises for this, definitely not enough to be able to calculate b) or c)

All in all, KA won't help you much with an exam of this type, so you're better off completing KA first and then piecing together the parts you need for the exam, but 60% is not impossible.

Good luck

It's this btw

Google Cal Newport exam prep process.

But it's analysis, so I don't think you can do it OP.

>wants to learn 5 years of math (roughly sophomore in hs to junior in undergrad) in 3 weeks.
>I'm smart, guys, I just never tried

Yeah, ok, op. I honestly don't think you can learn even basic algebra in 3 weeks. Algebra and trig are incredibly easy, yes, but even an absolute genius isn't going to be able to develop "intuition" or "mastery" of these two rudimentary subjects in 3 weeks. It just doesn't happen... it's why they're taught over such an incredible long period of time, and then reviewed again in calc 1,2, and 3.

Kinda relevant.

But 10 weeks is a long time if you use every single day. Revisit your stuff, work problems and get the key ideas down.

Sorry, 10 weeks. It doesn't matter, though, it's still not enough time. The shortest period a university is even willing to teach calc 1 in is 4 weeks, and it's generally geared towards people who've taken it before.

Kinda relevant as well.

10 weeks is more than than half the time a semester is long.

Thanks guys
Will view your answers in detail tomorrow, gotta sleep now
Happy about all advice
I'm aware I won't be able to comprehend this stuff especially without the routine but I'll give my best shot to get 60%, there will be 8 subjects in total so I can compensate it a bit but would be great to get as far as humanly & personally possible in those next 3 (out of 10) weeks
3 weeks hardcore math learnin only, then 1 week of 7x 10 hours all other subjects and 2-3 days between each exam
Going to be rough but my optimism is there

You can do it, keep it up.

Best advice I got, if you cannot do the HW, you cannot do the exam.

This is not analysis, this is calculus, since I'm assuming none of the questions require much rigour. And this assumption is correct judging by how fucking easy half of the questions are, like 2 and 5 especially, and the last one basically even tells you the answer in the hint to part c.

Good luck, all the best. Maybe bank on certain sections and fuck the rest?

This isn't meant to insult you OP, but don't get memed into studying actual analysis, because it is going to be a waste of time for your exam. Best info I can give you is get some lecture notes for calc I to III and learn basic stuff about polynomials and complex numbers which I assume is precalculus. If you want any more detail, post the syllabus.

#9 about pot actually true?

This is great. Thank you.
I wish I could view the actual thread.

Feels good knowing how to solve every one of those problems.

tfw not a complete brainlet

wasnt sleepy after all

Thank you very much, this helps me a lot
Explain to me like I'm an outsider who's never seen maths and can only multiply, add, divide and substract please
thanks, interesting read
Yeah ok, I know I could've done so much in the past 10 years but I had wrong priorities
but it's never too late so I'll try my best, worst case scenario would be repetition
will do! thanks for link, in my interest
good advice, will print and pin to wall
thanks man, I hope
I will study a lot with previous year exams
I see it as no insult, no worries. Helps me evaluate my situation so actually thank you. Yes very interested, it says the following:
Calculus A (1st semester)
Application-oriented introduction into one-dimensional analysis. Knowing and constructing easy models and mathematically analyze them.
Functions of a variable: function concept, derivation concept, the idea of differential equation, complex numbers, Taylor polynomials and series. Integrals of functions of a variable.
Calculus B (2nd semester)
Ordinary differential equations as a mathematical model to describe processes. Numerical, analytical and geometrical aspects of differential equations. Expansion of multidimensional analysis: integral theorem.
Literature:
D. W. Jordan, P. Smith
M. Akveld/R. Sperb
L. Papula
there is also a second exam on linear algebra (just 1 semester) and statistics but that's a smaller exam that I'm going to concentrate on in one of those 7x10h weeks.

also in this whole thread analysis/calculus are probly mixed up (I don't know what the difference is. Calculus is no word in my language (german)

def. gotta sleep now, will read/reply to any answer in the morning
thanks for the advice so far

Bump

>this is a college level analysis exam in America
Christ you guys are dumb

It's a first year math course calculus/analysis exam here in europe in a natural science study

Bump