What am I in for, Veeky Forums?

What am I in for, Veeky Forums?

Did you read that book?

the best pop sci book ever written

not yet

A very casual explanation of set theory using made up words to try to make it more profound.

Didn't we just have this thread last week.

.. what am I doing with my life..

we have this thread every week.

highly recursive memes

pretty shitty and long-winded book by a guy who's somewhat socially awkward. type of dude who you'd meet at a conference, get a drink with after, and who'd keep you planted for like 3 hours while he says profound shit that he paradoxically makes seem really lame with his gay attempts at illustration

>My aunt xd

The same thing we do every night, pinky, shitpost in the same threads!

This is frighteningly accurate. The book is extremely overhyped

>frighteningly
fuck off back to rebbit

A ton of symbolism.

Fuck. Just started reading it.

Oh no, you might accidentally learn something interesting.

Actually had dinner with the guy, (I go to the uni he teaches at) After his wife died he was totally broken, now he is obsessed with salsa dancing.

a bunch of shit most people already know in 2016, explained in the most convoluted way possible

This is true but

Personally I found it quite fun to read regardless

Fuck... Im the guy you responded to.

You know, I commend the guy for writing possibly one the best pop sci books of all time (speaking objectively. I cant deny its influence, even if I disliked it), and I guess I didnt realize that someone like Hofstadster wrote the book in a way that captures a lot of the things that pass through his mind (which explains why his individual eccentricities seem so evident to me in reading it). I have to ammend my post by saying that, stylistically his book is interesting just because of how honestly he wrote it (even though it does seem like he is grasping for straws at times). My main issue with it is the fact that he presented the material according to his own individual tastes. Are there any books that cover the same topics but in a not such aspergerish way?

btw patently false. unless you think that every average joe -- or even STEM major -- understands Godels IC proof and its ramifications.

c o n t r a p u n c t u s

MIU MIIUU FUUUUUCK

A fantastic, unique, immensely worthwhile read that everyone here is shitting on to feel superior

>After his wife died he was totally broken,
typical beta

Read something like a hundred pages. Just boring obvious shit from a guy who is trying way too hard to sound deep. Maybe this was impressive 30 years ago.

I was hoping he would prove negative numbers don't exist.

kek

sage