Applied Mathematics
Mathematics

Math
Applied Math
Applied statistics
statistics

wait
why is applied vs pure opposite on math and statistics

not that user but pure math in general (not confined to one applied field, i.e. stat) is better than applied math, IMO
Meanwhile, 99% of the reason to study stat is for its applications, so unlike the math in general, applied stat is better than stat.

Which on makes the most money

i mean, if you're asking this question you probably don't have the intrinsic talent to excel in any of those fields

Now for me:
Biomedical Science
Neuroscience
Immunology
Biomedical Engineering
Mystery Box

>tfw i study "mistery"

bro just figure out what people in those fields actually do and go for the job you like the most
I would pick biomedical science and go to grad school for phd/md combo, become a medical scientist and make 150k starting while simultaneously having a fulfilling job that actually solves cool problems and saves lives and shit (not even a meme, at least not the salary)

This thread doesn't make any sense because nobody could get more than one of those in their lifetime, which makes this whole thread a bunch of people talking out of their ass.

I have a BS in math fuckface

they are asking which one they should get you raging mongoloid

best to wrost of WHAT
best to worst to write without an error?
best to worst with worst meaning the most abstract?
best to worst to an individual which is FUCKING subjective AS FUCK
can you stop pushing the memes and fucking question a non-meme question, or AT LEAST a precise one?!

best to worst in terms of employability

depends on the university you're studying at.

in general "applied statistics" will be seen as weak because statistics is already a heavily applied subject.

I don't know any places in my country that offer masters in applied statistics. just statistics.

as for math applied math, again depends on what school you're going to and which parts of the math you decide to study.

If you want to get a high paying job then the decidding factor will probably be what else is on your cv/resume rather than whether you studied statistics or mathematics.
most employers view those as the same from the perspective of graduate recruitment.

even if you're applying to be an actuary, which is basically a kind of statistician, plenty of normal maths students become actuaries. once you've beenstudiying maths for 4 years learnign a new typeof maths like statistics isn't all that difficult.

b-but the university I want to apply to doesn't have an "non-applied" program

wait, no, I am retarded, It's just statistics.

So now I have to decide between this and applied math.

that depends more on "how good are you" and "what do you want to do"

Research (at some university): be good - very good, applied or pure shouldn't matter that much, as long as you are one of the best and willing to do research (and probably teaching).

You don't wanna do research?
Applied Statistics
Applied Mathematics
Statistics
Mathematics

And all four should be pretty close together; maybe for some engineering job applied get a serious bonus.
For finance and stuff, too; but then it mostly is about the problem solving, the math you will learn to apply anyway - or get fired.

I want to do machine learning. Is statistics the way to go?

Yeah, it isn't bad; even better would be something like mathematical optimization or operation's research, but those topics are - most likely - subsets of a statistics major and be covered.
I'd argue that (applied) mathematics gives you more flexibility in your choice of courses and can be very close or even exacly the same as the specialized majors.

thank you friend