Not sure if this is the appropriate board to ask this, but I'll give it a shot...

Not sure if this is the appropriate board to ask this, but I'll give it a shot. Has anybody here had negative effects from long term use of legal, prescribed stims, specifically Vyvanse?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3419896/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

lisdexamfetamine fucks your shit up and i feel bad for anyone who's parents have had them on it since they were kids or teens

people have given up on solving problems

id say stims are pretty safe. i dont think the side effects are good in short term and can be bad (depending who you are). but yeah long term not much probably unless you get addicted and maybe bad teeth/breath. feel like if u take enough for a long time it can increase your risk of anxiety/panic. maybe it will increase your blood pressure too? i dont know.

I love it. I'm writing my doctorate thesis on vyvanse. wouldn't take it if I didn't have to do intensive work though. I value my sleep. Otherwise great for doing mass reading and writing

dude, you post this thread every day, you fucking junkie

fuck off to 420chan with your loser discussion

Not for someone who legitimately has ADHD. Perhaps the cumulative effects of appetite suppression over a long period of time.

Amphetamines will FUCK. YOU. UP. They burn holes in your brain and are linked to early onset dementia, among many other lovely side effects.

Any sources? Is this also valid if you consume them only once two months?

Early onset dementia what the fuck lol, that's bullshit

I bet you're citing the studies where they gave massive doses of amphetamines to rats, rhesus monkeys etc, and published it as brain damage caused by amphetamines.

This is foul research that misrepresents an absurd situation as the actual dangers of medicinal use of these drugs, there is one researcher in particular whose name i cannot recall, but he's been doing this shit for at least 25 years demonizing MDMA and other amphetamine-like chemicals with his fucked studies where animals are injected with huge amounts certain to cause damage and then the results are published as evidence of possible brain damage lmao

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3419896/

Its this guy, Andrew C. Parrot

Getting rxd them certainly doesn't mean you have ADHD because they are over prescribed. If you take a real low dose and don't ever just bump up the dose maybe you'll be fine.theres a decent chance taking it daily that you will get tol and it will stop being as beneficial esp if you take too much and have no ADHD. Don't trust your doctor, look up your dosage and that sort of thing. A friend totallyfuckd up his ability to take stims by having a doctor prescribe him too much a day for a couple years, now he gets very psychotic whenever he takes them. Just because it's legal and Doctor approved doesn't mean it's any safer than buying meth off the street, it is entirely up to your doctor to make it safe and you don't want to put your life into the hands of your pill dispenser, keep your own head.

This is like top-tier thread for Veeky Forums standards

Not Vyvanse but Adderall fucked with my short term and long term memory.

I've mostly recovered now but even though I had the motivation to study, half of the time I'd have problems just remembering the shit I learned. Things are much better now that I'm off it.

>Just because it's legal and Doctor approved doesn't mean it's any safer than buying meth

kys

Okay, it was a bit of an exaggeration to make a point but still the point stands, just cause it's legal and your doctor says its okay doesn't make it safe. I'm not saying don't take stims if you get em prescribed, I'm saying don't take them under the false illusion that it's no different from if your doctor gave you modafinil or something.

The reason he made this comparison is because sometimes normal people get prescribed stims and once they see the large effects they have, they assume its all-powerful medicine and it can never do them harm, and they abuse it in very high doses and can screw themselves up, in the best case you'll just develop a tolerance and need to up your dose, but stimulant psychosis from a large dose is a definite possibility if the person has no self control or doesn't understand the gravity of the situation or that medicines from a doctor can be dangerous if abused

I am diagnosed with actual ADHD and ive been on around 60mg for the past 6 or 7 years. I dont really think its gotten a lot less effective, however now that im a senior in highschool im finding I occasionally slip more than one a day.

what is the realistic maximum dosage of vyvanse?

70mg is the highest prescribed i think

but i've heard stories of people taking 100mg.

I would think 100mg is the max dose of amphetamines one could expect to be reasonably functional on without going into heroic dose land

back in my borderline real autism days, i got prescribed 80mg, until my parents though i was getting aggressive.
Whats the worse that could happen lol?
[spoiler]>tfw you have tachycardia and 130 is typical for vyvanse half life[/spoiler]

Fuck you trying to justify your drug use make your own educated decisions dick head

I dont want to pull out an argument you cant realistically dispute, but I dont think you have real ADHD.

I was born to a mother above the age of 50, its a miracle I didnt come out with playdough for a brain. Work without meds is like trying to shoot a moving target, thats also on a moving platform, while also on being on a moving platform yourself that changes direction whenever the fuck it likes.

>Whats the worse that could happen lol?

Amphetamines are neurotoxic and lead to early onset dementia.