Real Analysis

Why do they call it "real analysis"?

Is there a "fake analysis"?

Why is a [math]\mathbb{R}P^2[/math] a real projective space if we can't embed it in [math]R^3[/math]? I'd call it fake instead.

Ps. nice duck.

It's analysis of the real numbers. Yes, there is also an "imaginary analysis". No fake one afaik, tho.

>fake
that's nonstandard

no, but there's "complex analysis"

"""""""""""""'Real""""""""""""""" analysis actually doesn't exist since the reals don't exist.

stick to your containment thread

>Is there a "fake analysis"?
its called calculus

>complex analysis

Wow, what a pretentious name for a field of mathematics. Do mathematicians really feel the need to prove how smart they are so much that they name their field "complex"?

Mathematicians aren't all pretentious. you're a fucking idiot if you're serious. Complex analysis is the analysis of the complex field and is centre around i^2 = -1. you should graduate first before calling people pretentious. Fuckhead this is the Maths board

underrated

>is centre around i^2 = -1

What the fuck lol, I remember that bullshit from when I was in high school. What a load of bullshit. Like how can a number be the square root of a negative number? Lol like what the fuck? Can't believe mathematicians are wasting their time studying numbers that don't even exist.

You were probably told you can't "square root a negative number" when you were a little kid. We can if we define another field of mathematics. it's not bullshit, idiot.

Being baited that hard

Why do they call it "Lie theory"?

Is there a "Truth theory"?

There is a truth theory.

It is called rational trigonometry

Is there simple analysis?

I have a book called "Basic Complex Analysis"

Why do they call it game theory if we dont learn how to make an rpg?

Why do they call it game theory if we don't learn how to hunt deer?

Why do they call it measure theory if youre not even using a ruler?

Okay then, what's the solution to [math]x^2+1=0[/math]?
And why does it always pop up in physics?

It doesn't have a solution because you can't have a square root of a negative number, dumbass.

>Mathematicians aren't all pretentious.
Correct. They're all insufferable autists

Yes, it's called, "Engineering."

Calculus

Why not?

Please give me the numerical value of the square root of a negative number.

Pro tip: you can't.

Topkek

I... I can't tell if you're the one who's been baited hard, or if you're intentionally acting retarded as bait.

Enough internet for today

I don't believe in complex numbers. I just believe in pairs of numbers from the reals with nifty $ and @ operations defined as
(a,b) $ (c, d) = (a+b, c+d)
(a,b) @ (c, d) = (ac-bd, ad+bc)
Messing around with pairs of numbers like this is super useful and interesting! You should try it! Fuck those stupid imaginary numbers though.

*(a, b) $ (c, d) =(a+c, b+d)
I am retarded and will commit sudoku immediately

An algebraist ! GET HIM !

2bh i prefer the 2x2 matrix derivation

falling for trash-tier turbobait