Sumokoin

Tell my why this coin is shit. Most arguments are that it copied monero and doesn't innovate, yet they have their own python GUI that's 100x better than monero's QT GUI, their own solo miner program that can be used with any cryptonight coin, and are working on their own POW change while all other cryptonote coins are just following Monero. Go ahead anons, tell me why this coin is shit.

Attached: TPeXrcls_400x400.jpg (400x400, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/search?q=monero wallet crashing
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No comments yet...

Attached: 1521575979097.jpg (685x723, 76K)

Have a look at the C&D the Monero team served them.

Because isn't shit. But I think the price will not rise a lot as many are thinking it will, because their block reward progression is different from most of the mineable coins. It will rise a lot in the next two years, and then gradually decrease. So, it will become very profitable to mine, but don't think the price will rise too much. Maybe after 3 or 4 years.

Attached: 687474703a2f2f7777772e73756d6f6b6f696e2e6f72672f696d616765732f626c6f636b5f7265776172645f62795f63616c (995x481, 27K)

They have
1) A pretty stupid name for a project that wants to take itself seriously
2) A much smaller dev team than Monero
3) A fairly generous pre-mine given how small said dev team is
Just a lot of red flags.

If you want a laugh lol.

All that fucking money and monero has nothing but a qt wallet and a bunch of fat fucks content with taking your money.

What a disgrace.

Attached: IMG_1672.jpg (745x720, 105K)

All the positives you've listed are cosmetic and have nothing to do with the (nominal) function of the coin. Why don't you prove it's superior to other privacy coins instead?

Yes I am aware of the DMCA notice, it's the first time any crypto team has used one against another team. Even the author of said stolen code said it wasn't a big deal and didn't want to be part of petty politics. Did you know that Monero has used code before without proper attribution? No DMCA there.

Pre mine is big, I'll admit that. But I'm not opposed to it since monero struggles to fund things sometimes. The dev team is around 6-8 people right now as far as I know. I don't care about the name, that can always change if it's a serious problem.

Well it's basically identical, except there's been a ringsize of 12 since the beginning. So there's that. Past transactions with monero can be traced, especially with the MoneroV fork. One of the ways the devs of monero figured out to thwart the moneroV "attack" is to increase the ringsize.
So basically it has all the features of monero, but a better ringsize, that's been in from the beginning.

>Even the author of said stolen code said it wasn't a big deal and didn't want to be part of petty politics.
Uh, source on this? Because I distinctly remember reading a thread on github stating that all the author wanted was credit for what he had done. The part about him not really caring about the politics of SUMO vs XMR is true from what I remember though.

The wallet works fine. Nobody is taking my Monero, not sure what you're talking about LMAO.

Basically this. All I ever see about SUMO are posts needling Monero for little changes that SUMO has made.

>source on this?
Exactly as you said. The monero contributer did want attribution, but didn't care for requesting a DMCA notice. The way things should be, is that SUMO team should have just modified the license and that would be that (which they did, but monero still submitted a DMCA)

>Basically this
Sumo is authoring their own distinct POW change, which other coins are copying monero. There will be more on that in a few days.

What I don't get is that, every other monero fork only changed small parameters, including AEON, but none of them get the flak that SUMO does.

>The wallet works fine.

Hmm... google.com/search?q=monero wallet crashing

>which other coins are copying monero
I meant *while* all other coins are just going to copy what monero does.

So why believe in this fork, with an anonymous team of nobodies, when you can use Monero, with a team of accomplished experts in the field, especially when Monero are changing the default ringsize to 12?

Past transactions will still be on the blockchain with a smaller ringsize, which leaves lots of things vunerable to MoneroV fork attack, which there is no solution other than to convince people not to claim the airdrop. Even if you don't claim the airdrop, the whole network becomes less secure as a result. It's also a younger blockchain, and with bulletproofs implemented soon the blockchain will stay small. Not to mention the way it will distinguish itself in the coming months.

Attached: 1521575929695.png (741x568, 29K)

Werks on my machine.

Also, the whole 0-mixin controversy with Monero mining payouts was pretty much debunked and based off a paper created by a Zcash advisor. Nothing can be traced on Monero's blockchain with certainty at this point.

>What I don't get is that, every other monero fork only changed small parameters, including AEON, but none of them get the flak that SUMO does.
SUMO is the only fork I've seen with infographics attacking Monero instead of praising all of the contributions Monero has made to cryptocurrency without a fucking pre-mine. The fucking audacity of these SUMOniggers, I swear.

I believe, I just like how active the team is and how nice the wallet is desu

Cryptonote asics are being released, dump all cryptonote coins while you still can

You are mad a community member made a info graph that shows how it expanded on Monero features and why.

you are mad

what the fuck

>Nothing can be traced on Monero's blockchain with certainty at this point.
Not totally true, especially with the MoneroV fork which will let you see what mixins are decoys and which ones are real.
>infographics attacking Monero instead of praising all of the contributions Monero has made to cryptocurrency
Mostly the community. I agree that without monero, sumo is pretty fucked. Still one of the best forks technological wise.

You probably don't understand and hated segwit too.

You don't need that shit after the chain is many blocks ahead. They would have to remind every block so headers and the like aren't necessary

>You don't need that shit after the chain is many blocks ahead. They would have to remind every block so headers and the like aren't necessary
You don't need to trace the history all the way up to the present. You only need to figure out that a certain transaction was made to someone else at some point in the past. I could be misunderstanding all this, but if so, then the MoneroV attack wouldn't have been an issue.

>python GUI
>QT GUI
sorry to break it to you, buy python uses qt

FFFFUUUUUUUUCK you're right. Still Monero's GUI looks like an out of date app while SUMOs is much nicer.

>Still Monero's GUI looks like an out of date app while SUMOs is much nicer.
yeah probably because they have to more important things to do, like multisig, kovri and atomic swaps
while sumo guys just have to git clone, change couple variables and logo, do a premine and cash out coming money

I'm not going to say Sumo hasn't benefited greatly from monero, but if the xmr team wasn't in such a flame ware with sumo, they could have adapted sumo's wallet for xmr. Also they haven't cashed out their premine at all. Most of it is still locked up.

sumo team could have just merged their wallet gui upstream - only fair, considering they used and will keep using all the other work
actually if it wasn't for premine they could have just made a new gui for monero without making a whole new coin for it

>they used and will keep using all the other work
>literally every other monero fork
That's the nature of OSS, people can fork things.

they can fork, premine, shill, pnd and do whatever they want
that's the nature of crypto
we even have a word for this type of coins

they are dumping their asics because they'll be useless soon, friendo

Nice FUD try, pajeet. But everyone knows the PoW algorithm will be changed.

sumoniggers rn

Attached: screen-shot-2018-02-02-at-64013-pmpng.jpg (1600x900, 98K)

I like the coin but they really have to do something about the name and logo

Attached: shite.jpg (304x534, 13K)

Holy shit how did you draw that!? Let’s rename it “cool s coin”

>tfw have 20 of these things mined

dumped my sumo at $8.50. Goodluck with it

Attached: 1515839026243s.jpg (896x1286, 370K)