It's 7

it's 7,

i mean, come on, it's just expanding brackets and PIMBO

>PIMBO
Is this some sort of mathS-tier britbong meme?

Do you seriously not know what PIMBO is?

Where were you schooled?

Its 9

Invalid question. Just write the thing down in a way where the order of operations is not ambiguous.

Holy shit, the dude above actually thinks this is 7, either extreme bait or extreme retardation.

also, how would a 9 even make sense? ffs.

hey man just wanted to let you know that you shouldn't pursue a math related degree.

If you can't solve a simple arithmetic problem in 1 second, you will have a little bit of trouble with a recursive integration.

it is 9 and anyone else is trolling, Veeky Forums should know better

it's just expanding brackets
No, don't distribute the bracket, resolve it.

It's 6 / 2 * 3
This is the real question. What stumps most people is Whether the expression is essentially
a. (6/2) *3
or
b. 6/(2*3)

Because division is literally multiplication by the reciprocal we can unequivocally express this as

6 * 2^-1 * 3
Because this is now entirely in multiplication and it doesn't matter what order or from which "side" you approach this from (even though 6/2*3 will always be resolved left to right anyways, this is just less confusing)

The rest is trivial and left as an exercise for the reader.

Its 1 as you all know stop pretending to be retarded

>it's 1

Jesus Christ. Congratulations, you're the most retarded individual I've had the displeasure of replying to on my 2 months of being on Veeky Forums, and that's saying a lot.

The statement, as I understand it, is false

why not 6*(2*3)^-1 ?

Because there's no brackets around 2(1+2)
6/(2(1+2)) =/= 6/2(1+2)

Fucking ban these threads already

When is the division sign going to be trashed for the rest of history? How has it survived this long to begin with?

PIMBO is a meme, operations have no hierarchy, it's done that way because some operations cannot be distributed in others. ie: (a+b)^2 is not a^2 + b^2

distributaive property, 2 goes into bracket first, then paranthesese, then 6/that.

This is why the division sign is retarded.

>don't distribute the bracket
(6/2)(1+2)=6/2+12/2=3+6=9
why not?

9 | 1 = 9

9 fucktard

6/2(1+2) =/= (6/2)(1+2)
/thread

/unthread

You faggot, don't /thread your own post. This is not something you have the privilege to do.

>/unthread
You faggot, you can't /unthread. Let alone with your own post. This is not something you have the privilege to do.
Also I was /threading , not my own post.

>people still fall for these threads