Does trump winning mean more money for space?

does trump winning mean more money for space?
for nasa?
for spacex?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x7Q8UvJ1wvk
space.com/34677-president-trump-nasa-space-policy.html
inquisitr.com/3710152/forget-mars-trump-wants-nasa-to-visit-jupiters-moon-europa-and-explore-the-solar-system/
politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2015/jul/14/donald-trump/donald-trump-says-5-billion-website-obamacare-neve/
statnews.com/2016/03/31/fetal-tissue-congress/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

He's dumb and bragadoshious to spend money on a worthless project like that

So sure

He probably will

If his tax plans go through americas federal budget will tank

So there will very likely be spending cuts to science

>likely be spending cuts to science
can spacex likely survive without nasa aid?

if america drops the ball, who will lead into space? china or russia?

he will probably make it easy for space companies to start mining and stuff, but probably the dems would have done so as well...

The difference, is that trump will make them hire americans, instead of cheap labour (not racist)

Disclaimer: I had to train my indian replacement

he will probably make it easy for space companies to start mining and stuff, but probably the dems would have done so as well...

The difference, is that trump will make them hire americans, instead of cheap labour (not racist)

>why are her breast so perfect?

>why are her breast so perfect?

Probably won't change by any significant amount. Remember user, the """"candidates"""" are literally nothing. What counts is their party and those funding their party, "donators".

yes it does

Would Senpy-Musk get money for his mars project, too?

But he did say he will stock up the military budget. So theoretically a good time for science.

Every American space company (including SpaceX) can only hire American citizens thanks to itar

Why would it mean that?

You think he's going to pay for it himself?

The wall and deportation are going to need funding, and he's too stupid to see the importance of science

OH YES. Give me that SALT BABY. Yes Mmmmmmm the post election salt is still FRESH

>price of salt plummets as supply skyrockets

I thought all the new salt deposits were discovered on twitter but I guess some can also be found here. YESSSS

Tell jap moot to start his salt company ASAP.

>he thinks price changes as a result of supply rather than quantity demanded
hmmmm a trumptard that doesn't understand basic economics, really makes one think....

What make you think that lazy cunt will try to do anything but talk about how great he thinks he is for the next four years?

No science funding is likely more fucked than before given the recent history of the republican party going against funding basic science.

Is this shopped ?

Ever seen a supply and demand curve?

The price is determined by where the supply curve and demand curve meet, so actually you are wrong.

Yup. A hillarytard who doesn't understand basic economics. Really doesn't make you think because it is what we all expected.

Bigly ;^)

Hopefully the airforce will get funding for the boeing x37c

He most likely doesn't care about NASA since funding space programs won't aid him or the Republican majority in future elections. Remember you have to think about the electorate trying to stay in office here.

The next several years will be spent on defense, negotiating """better""" trade deals and deconstructing Obamacare.

In other words expect NASA to drop in the list of government priorities. If I were China and India I'd use this opportunity to gain speed in space funding and science in general because a Republican super majority in America right now isn't going to give any fucks about science outside auxiliary funding for military, health and cyber security.

In short, No op it won't.

All space agencies in the U.S. are already forbidden to hire foreign workers as rockets are a national security concern under ITAR.

Excellent point. This should have been said sooner.

I think the concern is more over funding than this, though.

No, it means the great American brain-drain is about to begin.

China

What kind or retard thinks NASA hired foreign workers? Jesus Christ you guys are retarded sometimes.

Fuck yeah. Finally we can get the welfare spendings off from Obamas feed-the-lazy program and give it to science where it belongs.

will the Chinese accept us?

Russia is dead.

I look forward to seeing the first man on Mars being a Taikonaut.

Yes. China is more than happy to accept us. It is in their best interests. Most countries will be happy to have us.

Try to see the bright side of things. You are following in the noble scientific tradition of relocating when a country becomes too fucked up for scientific innovation to take place.

you are mentally deficient if you believe that

yeah ok, but is the picture fake or not ?

Someone should show Trump this. He said he wanted to make Nasa more military oriented.

No, it means more money for Trump.

he's right 2bh

no one gives a single fuck about le space, construct to us some global range anti-missile satellites please

That man doesn't care about his own planet imagine how much he cares about space. Be ready to see how NASA sucks even more.

>c/b analysis shows that food stamps return $1.70 per $1 spent in taxes, from the increased economic activity
>furthermore food stamps fed one in seven Americans in 2015
Yeah, that sounds like an excellent thing to cut. Thankfully the money will probably all be used in tax breaks for the rich (return of $0.20 per $1 spent).

This also came to mind. I hope NASA keeps its budget. We need to make a National concern and pride, to lead the Mars Race. Who the fuck we want to rule Mars? Russia? China? Fuck that.

WTF this is a bastardization of the Orion and detracts from the awesome realism of the actual study.

we should show him the plans for a solar powered photon propulsion station on the moon
get cubesats to mars in 30 minutes for a nominal cost (after set up) AND have the ability to kill whoever you want with a laser?

what are the chances SpaceX is actually going to launch something to Mars in 2018?

It just seems like a really tight schedule but there's also very little news coming out either way about it

>No science funding is likely more fucked than before given the recent history of the republican party going against funding basic science.

No.

youtube.com/watch?v=x7Q8UvJ1wvk

interesting. thanks senpai

>Trump's space policy is to pull all of the NASA scientists off of that faggy global warming shit and redirect their resources and efforts to building Trump Hotel franchises on the Moon, Mars and in LEO
Would you be upset?

Because that's more or less what he's said.

space.com/34677-president-trump-nasa-space-policy.html

Fuck no

The Orion propulsion is just one cool aspect

Using it to loft a space battleship full of weapons is the other cool aspect

I am ok with that

Trying to make Mars more habitable will probably end up with tech. that helps make earth cleaner

So, you don't really lose anything other than getting to Mars and the moon (colonization) quicker

>china or russia?
Neither, ESA/JAXA master race

You got a source for that mate?

Russia will be ok once Trump ends the sanctions on them

Space Program funding is vastly more effective than dumping hundreds of billions into procurement of military equipment that'll never be used

Now that Trump won, I expect big cuts at NASA, but faster progress.

SLS/Orion will likely be cut before its first flight. The climate stuff is getting cut (transferred to other agencies, with lower budgets).

Bezos pissed Trump off royally, by using media assets against him in an underhanded way. I'm sure he's not a huge fan of Musk either, but Trump likes domestic manufacture, clean air, and a cost-efficient, inspiring space program, so I think Musk is going to do very well under Trump.

I'm expecting the Trump government will cut the overall NASA budget but provide major funding for ITS development, as the replacement for SLS/Orion, and plan for a big LEO station as well as moon and Mars bases, taking advantage of the gains in cost-effectiveness.

Trump said he will cut NASA budget?

Probably thinks that would be a waste of money.

Maybe if a particular project would be good PR, otherwise I doubt it.

He hasn't said much about NASA at all.

Then Trump cutting NASA budget is just bullshit.

NASA's wasteful as hell, and $2 billion of its current budget is used for Earth Sciences, mostly global warming research. Nearly $3 billion is going to the utterly worthless SLS/Orion, while another $3 billion is going to the wasteful, creaky old ISS, independent of the $1.25 billion going to commercial crew (over half of which is going to the blatantly-inferior CST-100).

Only $1.36 billion, NASA's best work and under 10% of its current budget, is going to planetary science.

SLS/Orion, ISS, and CST-100 should all die, the sooner the better. Crew Dragon, Falcon Heavy, and a Bigelow habitat could replace them in the short term at a fraction of the cost. In the long term, ITS is a complete game-changer.

A $10 billion/year NASA, which wasn't directed to waste most of its funding, can do a hundred times as much useful and beautiful stuff as today's $18.5 billion/year NASA.

Kek. The ESA was barely able to get a crater on Mars, let alone people.

I just want to see Charles "NASA's #1 priority should be outreach to the Muslim world" Bolden's ass hit the curb.

I think that's pretty much guaranteed.

Trump will once and for all expose that NASA didn't actually land on the moon and that the Earth is flat.

Those space hoaxsters won't get anymore money

is welfare good or bad?

It's required.
Without Wellfare America would look like India with roving bands of children on the street.

>see 41:1 odds on the first commercial space flight to mars happening during Trumps presidency

Or, welfare makes those roving bands they now have.

Personally, I think the negro would be better off if they had a heap of production jobs they could choose from, and not just McDonald's or welfare.

I saw that he and Pence want to revitalize NASA

So, I guess they want them to go back to where they were in the past; manned spaceflight and probes out the ass

I wish the democrats weren't such stupid cocksucking corporatist shills

why can't you support making america great again, user?

because trump is going to regress america even more than the democrats. Why the fuck would I support a bunch of niggers who for the entire latter half of the century were stripping away civil liberties. The patriot act happened under bush and its so convenient how everyone thinks Trump will make america into something it hasn't been for a long time

Were you uh
sleeping during the time Bush and all those other fucking neo-cons endorsed Clinton?

I don't see the problem with Making America Great Again
It is the dems who would run the country into the ground so long as they retain power. Luckily now they have nothing, so we can rebuild.

>>/pol/

We're talking about space here

Yeah trump is so anti-establishment that he's elected his entire transition staff full of anti-science, wall street kooks who plan on giving more tax cuts to the wealthy. Sorry, Trump isn't Teddy, nor will he ever be. America needs another revolution. It's the Democrats who gave the people anything in the first place.

He's gonna end loopholes, so in the end the wealthy will pay more taxes
Did you expect him to pick random people for his transition team?

Give me your school debt monies, ill bring you your revolution ;)

he's gonna run again in 2020, maybe buy another house for himself XDXD

I doubt he'll make it alive till 2020. I hope Johnson joins the race instead of this lying communist.

>tfw 1st year in computer science
>tfw wants communism

That was a real design, I think. The proposed USAF super heavy Orion.

no

inquisitr.com/3710152/forget-mars-trump-wants-nasa-to-visit-jupiters-moon-europa-and-explore-the-solar-system/
>Trump’s new space policy, heavily influenced by Walker, is designed to coordinate public and private efforts to maximize American efforts to explore the entire solar system. That includes mining valuable minerals from the asteroid belt and visiting Jupiter’s moon Europa, perhaps the best place to find alien life near Earth.
>Trump’s administration plans to eliminate many of the redundancies facing the American space program today. NASA is currently building a massive rocket known as the Space Launch System (SLS), but there are private companies also working on heavy rockets capable of deep space travel.
>move toward plasma rockets, toward nuclear-powered rockets, certainly toward solar sails

>toward nuclear-powered rockets
I certainly want to see nuclear power used in spaceflights but removing the ban would just mean either china or india fucking up big time in the future.

> He's gonna end loopholes, so in the end the wealthy will pay more taxes
Since when have republicans ever done something that actually resulted in the wealthy paying more?

The wall is but a drop in the bucket.
Deportations just use (actually use for once) existing infrasructure, perhaps with marginal increases in funding (but none have been announced).

b8

(a) Trump is not the Republican establishment
(b) get over your vindictiveness for the rich. will you not be happy until they're paying 90% tax?

>he's elected his entire transition staff full of anti-science, wall street kooks
Stop believing the bullshit your see in the lugenpresse.

>It's the Democrats who gave the people anything in the first place.
errrrr

There is no ban on nuclear powered rockets.

He'll just increase efficiency. I mean look at how our government currently handles our taxes.

politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2015/jul/14/donald-trump/donald-trump-says-5-billion-website-obamacare-neve/

Look at this shit. How does it cost hundreds of millions of dollars for the government to make a website? There are a lot of retarded assholes in our government who don't know how to manage money.

>Stop believing the bullshit your see in the lugenpresse.
>lugenpresse
Appropriate trips

Being completely serious, it might not actually be so bad as far as space goes.
Republicans feel no need to be fiscally responsible, so they typically spend a shit ton on whatever they want, which typically includes science (especially if they grew up during the cold war/space race).
He's going to have Newt Gingrich in his cabinet. Same guy who ran on building a moon base. He might have utterly reprehensible ideas in other areas, but he's got that going for him.
It's not a bad time to be an American scientist, yet. Unless you're studying stem cells or climate, in which case, yeah, you're fucked.

>inb4 librul bs!
Just because you and Trump don't think #fetuslivesmatter doesn't mean that other elected Republicans don't
statnews.com/2016/03/31/fetal-tissue-congress/