EM Drive no longer a meme?

So I'm sure we've all heard about the leaked NASA paper on the EM Drive. For those of you who haven't, heres the source:
drive.google.com/file/d/0B7kgKijo-p0ibm94VUY0TVktQlU/view

Is the EM Drive no longer a meme? Is Newtons Third Law the new meme?

Discuss.

DISCUSS

>Newton's third law

Don't touch that sacred cow, user.

The zealots will crucify you.

As has been said many times before the paper is not from NASA. EagleWorks are a NASA contractor but they are not being funded by NASA to do this.

Secondly the paper is the same one from last year. Nothing has changed, the scepticism is still there.

How does this violate newtons 3rd law if it is expelling electrons for thrust?

Fuck off, it will be buried with honors when its time comes. But not before.

but who was mass

don't electrons have momentum or something

Vacuum energy of virtual particles.

Electron + Anti-electron = Zero
Yet both have mass.

What are we looking at here?

A photograph of a homogeneously lit black room filled with 10000 strawberries and bananas.

It turns out that there are these things called 'numbers' that we can use to compare things. The numbers for how much momentum is in the electrons is less than the momentum involved in the supposed thrust.

The EM drive works by creating thrust proportional to the test setup's margin of error.

let's say we manage to get into space and post scarcity and what not, would it be ethic to just spread niggers into space?

this may belong in /sqt/ but
>what is the 'input' to have these output-electrons?

maybe your proposition should be worded a little differently during your press release, but yeah I'm sure people would be on board

Haha well memed sir

>It turns out that there are these things called 'numbers' that we can use
OK, so we are expelling numbers at great speed? Splendid, we have an infinite supply of them.

>1.2 +/- 0.1 mN per kW
I haven't been keeping up to date with this. Am I to assume that even this small thrust (despite the high magnitude of power needed), is important because of how anomalous it is? If we store enough energy from PV panels, can we actually get any useful thrust without fuel?

>Or is this like webm related?

If emdrive works we could use it to make a perpetual motion machine

lol

>Page 18
>The root-sum-square of all of the measurement uncertainties yields a value of 5.6 which means the overall measurement uncertainty is +/- 6 µN.
>3 orders of magnitude from their thrust
> 4/10 for making me respond

this is enough thrust to break physics

>break physics
in terms of Newton's laws? Are you saying that this development would be enough to necessitate rewriting the curricula?

this is exactly what he is stating.

All these second year engineers ITT.
>Lmao but it breaks physics
If it works, then it doesn't break physics, it means our model of physics is incomplete
If it doesn't then either our model is complete or the drive doesn't work as advertised.

If the principle behind this drive is the em wave pushing on the drive body through some interaction, the wave spectrum would shift red as it passes backwards and transfers energy to whatever it interacts with.

Considering the quite low reported forces, would the frequency shift be measurable?
Would this confirm the drive's validity?