I've never had an energy drink before. What is the best one to try?

I've never had an energy drink before. What is the best one to try?

Coffee

Don't drink soda, retard.

I drink enough coffee
I don't drink "soda", ever. But i want to try an energy drink just once. Now will you recommend one or not?

They all taste of sugar-loaded piss, it doesn't matter

BLAM

I just saved you over $300 over the course of the next 6 months. You're welcome.

Okay
I only want 1 (one) energy drink. I'm not going to drink them all the time. Thank you for the vitamin suggestion though,

Try that red line shit. Its a shot like 5 hour. Its potent

Your mums pussy juice

Why do gen Y's drink these crappy sugar loaded (hfcs in amerifatland) "energy" drinks? For what purpose?

Man has done fine for centuries with coffee, tea and water.

I'll check it out, man, thanks!
Fuck you, I don't drink this stuff, I just want to try it once.

Try it and then kill yourself asap

I drink them like crazy. Best one for taste is NOS. If you want fewer calories go with Kickstart from Pepsi. Less caffeine, but great. Especially the coconut mango. That shi is gold.

This is coming from a guy who has heart problems, and was one of those people who would drink so many I thought I was having a heart attack and had to go to the hospital.

>I've never had an energy drink before. What is the best one to try?

They suck. Try one Red Bull right before you're going to do something physical, like swim or help somebody move.

Rockstar tastes like ass. Monster and NOS are top tier.

This or the watermelon

Tea and coffee stop working after a while.
>If you drink Energy Drinks, you're gen Y
Go back to /pol/ or something, retard.

Thank you all for the suggestions

I had a full throttle fury once, it tasted like a decent peach/citrus/mango(?) flavor. All the other energy drinks I've had are unironically garbage.
I never drink them though, all the "energy" ingredients make me feel uncomfortable, like something inside me is going wrong.

Try if you want but I can't recommend any of them they all taste nasty in a chemistry kind of way.

Because they taste good and I don't like hot coffee in the summer. I work at 5am. Sometimes I'm sleepy.

Amp and Redbull cranberry are the tastiest imo.

op here, maybe I should try a Red Bull. Classic.

Thoughts?

/pol/? Is that the default retard thing to say now? Fuck pol, I never go there

Only if you like the taste of powdered bull testicles

Seems prudent for a first round energy drink.

well, they don't call me a prude for nothing, user ;^)

Whats the best one to mix with alcohol?

Put sugar free redbull in a colt 45 malt liquor. You wont regret it.

That is fucking stupid bro. Malt liquor is low ABV enough to be tasteless as it is. Why would you blow an energy drink on that shit? They only come in 40 oz containers anyway, you would need a ton

this one.
great taste, amazing effect

There seems to be two distinct types of flavour when it comes to energy drinks. Red Bull and Monster have a smooth bubblegum-like flavour, while Rockstar, Relentless etc have a sharper, tangier sweetness to them.

I'd suggest having one of each in a smaller quantity and deciding which you like best. I generally go for the latter.

Any of the fruit punch ones. They're the only ones you will find anywhere that doesn't taste like shit

ALL OF THEM
AT THE SAME TIME

Original Monster or Red Bull.

The bubblegum rockstar one is edible.

gotta get that sipp

the only thing energy drinks are actually useful is mixing with vodka

NOS but they're usually more expensive

Will I die if I drink 3.5 energy drinks plus a few cups of coffee in a day?

We're all gonna die user

I don't know if it's anxiety or the effects of all the caffeine on me but I feel weird

send help

You dumb fuckers,of course youre gonna have to try the original one first
A FUCKING RED-BULL.

I go for amp, 1 or 2 a month, because it's got a buzz in it and some shit you're going to need every now and then. I don't like the horrifying green dye though.
Rockstar also has a rough buzz and is tasty.
Nos is pretty fucking bad and does not live up to advertisement.
Monster is comparable to water and not worth $2-$2.50.
5 Hour energy does literally fucking nothing.
Starbucks products are tasty as fuck (carrageenan probably) but too pricy.
Mountain dew kickstart is pretty bad tasting and does nothing.

If you're feeling extremely brave, get a 4 pack of yellow hornet pills and eat NO MORE THAN ONE. Eat a fucking meal first, and applg deodorant, these things will fuck your world up for the first 8 pills.

And red bull is a good way to waste money. Bare minimum buzz, horrifying serving sizes and a FUCKING SCARY price tag to boot.

You're going to kill your liver if you get hooked on them. Just don't bother.

op here, I went with the Rockstar Recovery, Lemonade flavoured, and it was pretty good. I chose that one because Egg Man recommended it.

This

Good call. The orange is good as well.

BLUEBERRY REDBULL. regular is o.k too i guess

Nos is the best, refreshing, good flavor, good buzz

Monster is the one most people start on and isn't bad but too sugary and kinda tastes like medicine
gives you hemorroids like crazy too

Redbull is expensive and not that tasty, the buzz isn't bad though

Rockstar is a solid choice

For true energy if you can do beta alanine. It is inexpensive, decent premixed preworkout.

For taste/addiction: Full Throttle Blue Agave or Redbull Sugar free

C4 otg

This man knows.

:DDDDDD

classic

massive

energy drinks make my kidneys ache. why is this? monster, red bull, and red rain are the only ones ive had but it happens with all of them

Caffeine is a diuretic, drink more water with them(or in general). If that doesn't help maybe, avoid them to be safe. Sorry dude.

Another question: I love the taste of energy drinks(Full throttle, Rockstar, Crunk, Redbull). They all have an edgy tang or zing that regular soda doesn't. I'm not picky.
However, Monster absolutely DISGUSTS me. It tastes saccharin sweet, no complex fruit flavor, just nauseating sweetness that slithers down your gullet. I see people pounding them down happily on campus at every turn. I just can't.
If you get dollar store energy drinks, they'll either be Redbull clones or Monster clones and half the time I waste a dollar with a monster clone that I can't even get halfway through.

Am I missing something? What does Monster taste like to you?

Seconded

Monster is the worst of all the energy drinks and is, sadly, the most widely marketed as far as college campuses go.

Even Toro Rojo doesn't have the kind of reach Monster does on university campuses

It doesnt happen with coffee or tea though, just energy drinks. Or maybe there is not enough caffeine in coffee and tea for me to notice? Thanks for the input though.

I dont really like the taste of energy drinks anyway so im not too upset about the whole thing.

Relentless or No Fear. Way Less horrifically sweet than monster but without the crappy aftertaste of a lot of brands.

You will be fine. I drank 3-4 energy drinks a day for a week and a half straight with random shots of coffee. Had heart pain every now and then but came out fine. Also don't drink energy drinks anymore. Feel 100% better without caffeine. Sleep schedule is better, and I don't feel fatigued.

I survived
I don't plan on drinking energy drinks ever again. That was a one-time thing because I was awake for 30 hours.

If you're used to caffeine and are looking for a buzz, go for the coffee based ones, like java monster. They have the most caffeine. As far as the others, NOS and rockstar are pretty high for caffeine content. Red bull is midpack. Regular monster is fairly low in caffeine compared to others, but you can get a can the size of an oil drum.

This tastes like a fucking orange creamsicle.

Rip it is so fucking disgusting. The original taste like someone left a open Rockstar out for a couple months then decided to can it and sell it.

I agree, which is why I posted the good flavor.

try Coconut Pineapple Rockstar, i usually dont drink energy drinks and think red bull tastes like shitty gummy bear idontknowwhat but that pineapple stuff is pretty good, kind of fruity sour

Look into Vuka. It doesn't taste like an energy drink and you can find it in the organic section of a Kings or some shit if you're looking for "healthy".

Original red bull is objectively the best. Don't go near any of the other flavors.

HELL YEAH BOI :DDD

Ice cold Monster Rehab on a sunny hot day is swesome shit.

Norwegian kids love these

Obviously a lot of raw taurine.

es fugg :DDDD spurdo pudding :DD

My melanin enriched bretherin.

You'd be insane to begin a potentially new and additional addiction. If this drug becomes your "drug of choice" it's a seriously bad one.

They don't merely contain lots of sucrose sugar that would be bad enough in large quantities, they contain fructose from GMO corn. Ever see what GMO does to rats? Imagine all the people who've been addicted to this stuff for years and the severe brain-damage it has done.

Best to get addicted to water-cooked vegetables. The nutrients in them allows for the production of endorphins (serotonin, dopamine and others). Raw may have more nutrients, but cooking leaches all the partially formed proteins and makes it easier to absorb nutrients in the small intestine. It takes a lot of energy to break down uncooked food. Raw is another stupid fad, for science- and common-sense-deprived people.