GIve me your best Linear Algebra Book

I'd like to take a Linear Algebra in Python class next semester and I want to study on my own before I actually take the class.

Does Veeky Forums have any preferred college-level textbooks I can use to supplement online studying?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Matrices-Linear-Algebra-Dover-Mathematics/dp/0486660141/
amazon.com/Matrices-Linear-Transformations-Second-Mathematics/dp/0486663280/
amazon.com/Introduction-Linear-Algebra-Dover-Mathematics/dp/0486664341
amazon.com/Introduction-Linear-Algebra-And-Differential-Equations/dp/0486651916/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

anton's elementary linear algebra

Use David Poole's book. It's the only book I've seen (besides the one that you posted) that has good reviews.

Other decent books are:
-Hoffman
-Berberian
-Leon
-Shilov (personally don't recommend, but people like it)

as far as engineering-type algebra classes go the book in your pic is great.
i did an algebra for physics class and it was perfect for 70% of the course .

>Shilov (personally don't recommend, but people like it)
How come?

It requires a certain level of mathematical maturity that I am not currently at yet

Serge Lang has a very well written book that covers all of the mathematical basics aswell, if you're starting out it's a great book. Easy to read (for a math book) too.

Shilov begins by defining the determinant and uses that to prove anything. This is bad because the definition of a determinant is crazy difficult and hard to make intuitive sense of (especially as the first thing you learn). You'll get better intuition/understanding of things if you spend more time understand the relationship between matrices and linear transformations first.

Get pretty much any Dover book

amazon.com/Matrices-Linear-Algebra-Dover-Mathematics/dp/0486660141/
amazon.com/Matrices-Linear-Transformations-Second-Mathematics/dp/0486663280/
amazon.com/Introduction-Linear-Algebra-Dover-Mathematics/dp/0486664341
amazon.com/Introduction-Linear-Algebra-And-Differential-Equations/dp/0486651916/

Friedberg gots you senpai.

But, if you need to learn it from zero, modern Springer books are the best. Like the one from Liesen and Mehrmann. No-nonsense approach.

That's a very good book, the solutions aren't just answers. They go step-by-step.

Second. Don't spend $100+ on a book you might only read once. A little exposure to the basics will go a long way. You don't need to know it cold, that's what the class is for. Hell, you might be best off just learning from open courses online.

[as someone who likes anime and math] are those any good?

I can recommend and the book you posted OP.

Why is linear algebra so aesthetic?

story is pretty comfy and good explanations for someone new to linear algebra. don't expect any kind of depth or rigour

there's quite a few books in the series on different topics, some never got translated into english(like fourier series)

worth checking out, even if it's just for the manga part of it

He can always just download books from libgen.

Pretty much every book that has a precise chapter about elementary divisors, tensors and the basic stuff should be good.

any examples? My professor wrote his own. Its shit, and has a few incorrect answers in the back.

S T R A N G
T
R
A
N
G

Because lines describe how rays travel in homogeneous media. It is literally the algebra of ocular vision which is a very important part for our sense of aestethics.