Can Yale be any bigger of a joke?

Can Yale be any bigger of a joke?

Other urls found in this thread:

snopes.com/yale-cancels-midterms-after-students-were-upset-by-trumps-win/
nj.com/mercer/index.ssf/2016/11/princeton_u_students_rally_against_trump.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

My school did similar shit, but good god I didn't think anyone would cancel a fucking test.

>My school did similar shit

What? I was a college freshman when Obama was elected president in 08 and we didn't do this shit.

Except Obama is a liberal so it did not hurt the little kiddies' feewings.

2008 wasn't a complete and utter batshit year with a cartoon character running for office making light of discrimation and threats.

That being said, I'm currently at a my local community college and while somber they didn't cancel shit

he said mean things? sorry you're right we should cancel every test, collect our gov benefits and go chimp out burning shit like good liberals

hahahaha

>public figures don't need to act with dignity of make sure the public doesn't go apeshit about what you do
>In a year that had mass shootings and a fucking clown witch hunt
>what's the worst that could happen?
Shouldn't you be shitting up /pol/?

there's a reason you're in a community college, you stupid fuck. go back to the street and riot like the dumbass criminal you are.

>did not hurt the little kiddies' feewings

Oh god there were some really butt hurt sheltered conservatives (the kind that were only allowed to watched conservative approved TV shows growing up) in my macro/micro econ course.

>2008 wasn't a complete and utter batshit year with a cartoon character running for office making light of discrimation and threats.

Oh how quickly we forget...

>ivy leagues
wew

What the actual fuck, not even my local community college did this

>Can Yale be any bigger of a joke?
Did you know that the leader of BLM gave lectures justifying looting? Pic related

By physics midterm I really hope it's physics for poets or some shit. Any science major that distressed over the election should switch to gender studies. If the instructor was not forced to do this by the higher ups they should be ashamed. I had really hoped that STEM, or at least the more abstract STEM majors would be a haven for those who don't care about this political bs and want only to do science.

probably jewish scientists who are afraid of another holocaust

Well conservatives don't go to college so...

If they were that afraid they should have left when he was nominated by the RNC. He's Islamophobic, shouldn't they love him?

Clown witch hunt...good times.

I don't get it:
Obama didn't close the concentration camps.
Droned innocent people.
Didn't end racism.
Didn't end wars in near east.
Didn't end slavery in jails.
Didn't fix the health system.

Hillary:
Laughed (orgasmed) watching a snuff video. (We Saw, We Came, He Died)

Do snowflakes think other people don't feel pain or fear. Aren't Russians or Syrians not human and less worth than oil?

The more abstract a degree you find two things:
>A few more very highly intelligent students relative to other STEM: top 50% destined for grad-school and research labs
>More utter liberal arts tier retards and fanboys that take the bare minimum coursework to get their degree: will end up as high-school teachers or living NEET/off trustfunds.

Shit like astrophysics and other memes has more of the latter for obvious reasons.

Identity politics snowflakes are some of the most selfish, misanthropic and straight up evil cunts on the planet.

Test

Some of her supporters think good Russian-American relations are bad for some reason. I don't understand this anti-détente sentiment.

>A few more very highly intelligent students relative to other STEM: top 50% destined for grad-school and research labs

You've given me hope user. Thanks

At good schools I mean. At shit schools the ratios are more like 20/80

>Do snowflakes think other people don't feel pain or fear.
Essentially. If you're not part of their elite SJW club you're untermensch that needs to be exterminated.

I'm doubling in math and physics. I'm in ~10 percentile so I feel good. This just worried me a little since it went against the grain of my previous experiences. That experience being worldly topics such as politics and social movements come second to one's education and research.

Yeah, because STEM majors can't have opinions on politics.

By your criteria, both Serge Lang and Grothendieck should've switched to gender studies. How fucking arrogant are you?

I want to leave

Why would they be afraid of another PR success to push Israel into the mind of the world ?

So much this.

And this.

And I'm a communist for you info. I'm rather happy that pseudo-left is dying now.

Not very, why?

If you've devoted your life to the study of a subject then you must truly respect it. Why would you stop the education of said subject over some political crap that will be irrelevant in six months? I'm not saying they can't have opinions. I'm just saying that the study of the subject should come first.

I was shocked when Obama won. Where was my free break? I fucking missed my A in e&m because of my distress.

Me too

Me too although not for their views but for their mental retardation.

Yup, can't believe that Galois fellow pretended to be a mathematician

>mathing for girls

Stem isn't a bubble. Not at any level.

My Ochem professor laughed at people who tried to get our test postponed and I go to fucking UCLA

This is just pathetic

So I looked up Grothendieck and I see that, out of protest, he gave math lectures in Hanoi while it was being bombed. A far cry from the actions of Yale. I have a lot of respect for that. Lang quit his job in protest of a war. While this would put a temporary stop on his educating, he didn't give breaks to students because they were upset. He did not say "I'm sorry you are offended, have a few weeks off" He said "I am personally upset by the institution I work for and will put my own livelihood on the line." I feel the actions of these two men are far more respectable than the actions of Yale. Yale is just pandering to the whims of upset students. I see no reason to let them have a break over this.

Because Russia infringed on other other countries' sovereignty (Ukraine, Georgia etc.), remember? Nevermind that the US has been doing the same thing for years, albeit I guess under guises more easily swallowed by the average retard (WE'RE LIBERATING THEM FROM HORRIBLE DICTATORS).

I'm not looking for a bubble to hide from politics. I don't care if people have opinions on this. I'm looking for a setting where the area of research is the number one priority. I go to school to learn about my major, not to discuss politics. The Clinton v Trump debate has no place in my diffeq class. Before and after, sure. But work is for work and school is for school. I'll gladly work with someone who's opinion is different than mine. I just will not discuss politics on the clock.

I don't believe in the American idea of world police. It is to the benefit of all people that the two biggest nuclear powers are on good terms.

Agreed.

I admit that my first comment was a bit harsh. My problem here is that people are letting their opinions over something like this get in the way education and research. If I was going to Yale I would be upset that my education was put on hold for such a thing. I don't care that people have opinions. I don't even really care what their opinions are. I just want to do science mang.

I bet she got mad triggered after getting this email

>No
kek

Typical 1 worded prof apply made legendary.

I keep loving how liberal whites won't stop sucking black dick

Not even /pol/ here but god damn it, this is ridiculous

This things makes claims without even backing them up, contradicts itself about the use of Zyklon-B, then proceeds to conclude that the poor Palestine's are the real victims. You have to be literally brain dead to believe it. Now, I'm not for or against jews, I don't really care. But you could have at least tried to source your rambling tirade. You do realize you're not on right, we actually do require your shit to be sourced.

Can't believe I responded to this bait though.

I would demand a full refund and apply to a better school, such as Princeton.

>Identitarians being identitarians

what's so unusual about that?

what faggots

>Most of your students are immigrants with immigrant families.
>Many of them are losing their shit because they don't know if their visas or their families are going to be affected by a Trump election.
>Decide that not only would it arguably be unfair to those students to hold the exam now but you would be doing yourself no favors by having a lower than average performance in your course.
>Since rescheduling isn't an option instead try to work up something that students are unlikely to object to (anyone who is an undergrad in University knows that these last minute changes usually benefit students since otherwise students will bitch like crazy).

There is literally nothing surprising about that picture. I wouldn't be surprised if all of the top universities did that (primarily Asian student body).

>Most of your students are immigrants

What the fuck? Is america this cucked? God damn, maybe I should move there aswell

Americanos pito corto nisiquiera pueden mantener el control de su pais. RIP

The top universities in the US get a ton of applications from prospective students all over the world. American students applying there have to compete with top tier international students who pay higher tuition and are coming in on full ride scholarships.

If the top universities in your country aren't attracting a ton of foreigners then maybe they're just not that good.

American students can't compete with foreign students, got it.

Looks like all that "good" universities are just a meme, since you can just take exam to home and do it over there... my sides. That wouldn't even be considered in crap tier university over here.

Yea... i know that exams are racist n shiet.

Yale is rapidly losing all of its prestige and is becoming the home base of SJWs

what does that shit have to do with shit lol

>the more abstract

Are you mentally handicapped? Physics literally is about undestanding reality.

Same. Head-in-ass-utopian Bernie voters pissed me off enough already, but it was nice to see so many Democrats openly betray their self-ascribed "principles" and get exactly what they deserved for it.

... Xexizy?

I TA ochem at UCLA, 30A by chance?

Fucking really? And I still gotta take my two tests this week?

>being thi dumb while trying to put other people down

kys and your pathetic parasitic creating mother and father

>midterms
Can American "universities" be any more of a joke?
Do you also have mandatory attendance?

>mandatory attendance
Only a few of my courses have made attendance mandatory, but most have tried to encourage attendance by making it worth extra credit.

In my experience, it seems to be primarily liberal arts courses that throw a fit over attendance, probably because they know most non-liberal arts majors could easily pass their classes for gen ed requirements without ever once showing up.

Amazing.

>somebody doesn't act the way that I think they should and that's problematic the status quo is way better even if it involves lying, cheating and breaking the law

sheltered baby detected

Alleviating suffering does not mean ending it in all cases. Simply because a program isn't 100% effective does not mean it's not effective.

Are you a moron? Obviously republican anyway.

I live in fucking UTAH and we have black students and teachers who were under threats of violence from Trump supporters who are excited at finally being 'allowed' to be racist cunts. We had one faculty member who's sister was attacked by a man waving a confederate flag (she lives in Georgia).

I can understand the logic of Yale's administration and professors. I can't understand yours.

Yale and Harvard have been massive jokes for a while.

>Grade inflation
>Degradation of student quality
>Degradation of course quality
>Professorship has a gun to their head 24/7
>Administration holding the gun are the most money grubbing fucks to ever exist
>Charge 10x more than the place is even worth at this point and act like they deserve it

You'd be surprised how many non-liberal art students horribly fail any non-major course because they're too autistic to either show up or read.

I can safely say I regret having been interestes in Yale.

Between this, rehiring a janitor who broke "racist" stained glass windows, and the flaming the halloween debacle, it seems a shithole.

Most of my classes have a maximum on how many you can miss, but attendence is worth extra credit.

I had a fucking english class though where they literally had it so that if you missed more than 5 times you automatically could not get better than a C- even if you had an A. Stupid bitch knew that people would not show up if she didn't do that. Easiest class I've ever had.

>(the kind that were only allowed to watched conservative approved TV shows growing up)

So the kind that doesn't exist, as TV is run by liberal retards..

All you have to do is read the books for your liberal arts classes in the first week. Then you go back and reread relevant sections as the class progresses. If you can write somewhat coherent english you will get nothing but As and Bs. Obviously it's also good to get a bellweather indicator of your professor's political beliefs so you can fit your writing to match with what they want.

>phycisists
>remotely taking an interest in politics.

snopes.com/yale-cancels-midterms-after-students-were-upset-by-trumps-win/

The 2008 and 2012 elections weren't nearly as controvertial.

Nobody in the 2008 or 2012 elections was as bad as either HRC or DJT.

I've never approved of oversensitive TRIGGER culture, but frankly I am fucking triggered that the election was so shit from both sides.

>snopes

Yeah but where were the riots when Bush got reelected in 2004? Bush was a literal warmonger that misled the american public into Iraq and was planning on invading Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, and Iran just a few weeks after 9/11.

All Trump has done was say he can grab the gold digging whores that come up to him by the pussy.

>Bush got reelected in 2004
But he didn't

>Bush got elected in 2004

what timeline are you in?

Everybody knows Kerry won

Those are introductory level courses, who gives a shit?

Can I apply for disability for trauma over Trump's win?

I'm glad Trump won even though he's a retard, because it taught retarded millenials like you the meaning of democracy

NEETbux incoming

>look at these charts
How is this wrong?

Some states have laws requiring a certain percentage of financial aid for schooling go to illegal immigrants.

Thanks liberals!

>Some states have laws requiring a certain percentage of financial aid for schooling go to illegal immigrants.

[citation needed]

>nj.com/mercer/index.ssf/2016/11/princeton_u_students_rally_against_trump.html
>About 50 Princeton University students walked out of class and protested the election of Donald Trump Friday, saying they feared for their well-being during his term as president of the country.
>"I'm transgender and I'm queer. Every right that I have in this country is about to be stripped," graduate student Ariana Myers said.

elsewhere

>Sherry Wolf, senior organizer of the Rutgers AAUP-AFT faculty union, attended the event and said Rutgers students and staffers were having an "emergency response meeting" later in the afternoon "to plan ongoing, organized resistance."
>Emily Lough, a Rutgers freshman who co-organized the rally, said: "We can't just protest. Older people are going to look at us and just say we're crazy."
>"We need to get millennials into (office)" in order to achieve long-lasting change, Lough said.

It's not just Yale, lol

>Islamophobic
>phobic

Only little children are Islamophobic.

likewise, only little children are caucophobic