Sit in on digital signal processing course to see how much of a joke engineering courses are

>sit in on digital signal processing course to see how much of a joke engineering courses are
>professor says Dirac delta "function"

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spede_Pasanen
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

And what would you call it?

>sit in on calculus class
>professor writes "dx"

get a life, m8

It IS a function, it was initially developed as a function using functional analysis/calculus of variations techniques. If you knew anything about math or QM you'd know this instead of sucking the dick of some second rate profs opinion on such an insignificant semantic.

>begins to move them around like fractions

I thought that Dirac delta is the derivative of the Heaviside step function. How is it not a function? Please explain to a dumb engineer.

Dirac delta has no width but has a non-zero integral

It's a discretely defined function and every good math and physics author calls it the dirac delta function.

OP is uneducated and from reddit. Hence his BBT tier understanding of STEM field relations.

If't a function, but not on the reals but instead of a function space.
A function with a function space as domain is called distribution (or rather you may narrow down this even more). Nevertheless, each distirbution remains a function.

It reaches infinity in one point, buy we all know well there's no infinity and the biggest number is 10^200, so Dirac's Delta would be a function if it reached value of 10^200

nigga if you're telling to integrate dx/x instead of 1/x dx then I'm gonna do whatever I'm gonna act like it's a fraction

That my friend would equal Ln|x|+C
>where c is a constant in your sisters pussy

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spede_Pasanen

>Please explain to a dumb engineer.
you give OP too much credit

No shit nigga this is the Assburgers meme

Use Ylilauta once or twice you dumbfuck

>"eyeinvalue"
>"eyeinvector"

only raging faggots post the same thread over and over again

Says the dude who bumped it from like page 8

>In qm class
>Writes total wave function as sum of two product wave functions
>Says the particle is in both states at the same time

You are correct, but in the field of analysis, there exist a few different definitions of the integral that are equivalent. Two notable ones are the Riemann definition (the one you're familiar with) and the Lebesgue integral, which states that a distribution with finitely many discontinuities (the delta function has one, therefore a countable amount of discontinuities) has integral zero. Another way of saying this is that a distribution with measure zero has integral zero. Being that the Lebesgue and Riemann integrals are equivalent, the integral of the Delta function should be zero, but it isn't, it's one, and no other function has this characteristic, so we typically classify it as a "pathological" function, meaning one that's defined by its properties rather than by a mathematical rule.

>oygenvalue
>oygenvector
amirite, mah goi?

the Dirac delta function is there when you integrate with respect to the heavisde step function in a stjeltjes integral, friend :)

Oh is it? That's interesting. I'm a physicist, so my knowledge of all that really out there analytical math is limited.

What shitty college actually pays professors to teach calculus? At my college it's just grad students because that's such pleb tier math.

>university assigned 70-year old professor who usually reads lectures for aspirants (those who pursue the title of Candidate of Science, equivalent to western Ph.D.) to hold seminars for fucking 2nd semester Linear Algebra course for Computer Scientists
It was one hell of a fun ride. Oftentimes he got sidetracked and showed cool things from set theory or really basic topology. But I still don't know why the fuck would anyone assign him to anyone without at least B.Sc.