Trump and Climate Change 2

President Elect Trump has set up a website asking how we can make America Great Again. Now is your chance to write why climate change is a real issue that needs to be addressed.

Link: apply.ptt.gov/yourstory/

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/508183486747136000?lang=en
twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/449525268529815552?lang=en
twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/318120545185062912?lang=en
youtu.be/OWXoRSIxyIU
skepticalscience.com/empirical-evidence-for-co2-enhanced-greenhouse-effect-intermediate.htm
skepticalscience.com/co2-lags-temperature-intermediate.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=N1KvgtEnABY
youtu.be/TLuKXOVnzhE?t=106
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clean_coal
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Externality
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Tell trump to support nuclear power and thorium.

This is Veeky Forums not /leftypol/

You leftists need to realize that people are tired of you trying to wedge your politics into everything.

>second day of Papa Trump's presidency
>already asking the free people what they want to change

This guy, fuck. I wouldn't be surprised if by the end of his term america had changed to a pure democracy rather than a representative one.

Can't believe people even considered Hillary. Had she been president this website would be private, only accesible to Goldman Sachs executives.

Climate change isn't a matter of right versus left, a matter of life and death.

>pure democracy
>thinking that this is a good thing

Didn't Trump say that climate change is a hoax?

> This is Veeky Forums not /leftypol/

Oh look it's the guy who said that we shouldn't do anything about Trump reversing the progress we've made combating climate change. Get the fuck out if here, you are either a troll that sucks Trump's cock or actually retarded. Either way, kill yourself.

Yes. But at least he wants "clean air".

>le bait

The republicans would have him killed if he tried that.

No I think they might actually be retarded.

This sub is for science not politics. If you want to push your progressive global warming agenda, then go to reddit.

> using the outdated term "global warming" instead of "climate change"

Found the climate change denier

>the progress we've made combating climate change

bro I'm not a climate change denier but we haven't progressed jack shit, defunding the UN's programs is smart no matter how you look at it

A totalitarian technocratic global carbon rationing government apparatus needs a lot of funding and works best when it can't be disabled. When you really need your carbon down the road and the time comes for you to blame someone for enabling that nightmare just look in the mirror.

yes, if that day ever comes I assure you I'll blame myself

We could shut down every factory on Earth and drastic climate change is still going to happen.

Wtf do you fags want to do? Build all our cities underground or some shit?

Support nuclear power rather than trying to prop up coal, don't push to remove the Paris Agreement or the Clean Power Plan. Obviously we have ice ages, etc. which drastically change the climate, but things like rising sea levels affect much more people quickly.

Well I hope you don't seriously believe the climate meme was pushed for anything but? Like saving earth? Being a climate heretic myself I sometimes wonder about the other camp and how they figure to benefit from the meme. Anyway people like Trump, when that day comes, may find it economical to simply hire carbon lawyers and evade any personal carbon rationing. Or worse, may see a tidy profit to be had in the new carbon meme market?

>Trump
>democracy
Pick one. Daily reminder that he's losing the popular vote.

I've posted a response dealing with the basic effects of global warming couched with some American exceptionalism and religious stuff. I recommend you post this somewhere where there are a good number of actual scientists and it will get more attention, like /r/science (as much as I hate Reddit). The Citizens' Climate Lobby is trying to work with Republican congressmen and you can read about getting involved if you'd like, though it's not for everyone.

And then there's the fact that he wants Donald jr in his administration.

>Didn't Trump say that climate change is a hoax?
Yes, and he's an anti-vaxer.

>Wtf do you fags want to do?
For a start, reduce per-capita energy consumption.
(which we're already doing in first-world countries)
Let's also stop making so many babies.

Here's just a small sample of tweets in case anyone denies:
twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/508183486747136000?lang=en
twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/449525268529815552?lang=en
twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/318120545185062912?lang=en

>asking someone who can fund scientific research to fund scientific research
>this is bringing politics into science

I need more welfare fuck off. Ill have all the children I want, they be good workers too

>Daily reminder that he's losing the popular vote.
He's still about a million votes behind where Romney was 4 years ago.
I'm torn between being disappointed we didn't let a more moderate republican in back then, and glad we got an obvious buffoon that will hopefully fuck up so badly the republicans never recover.

The US isn't a direct democracy. Both candidates knew the rules, and one conceded to the other based on those rules.

(asked in the other thread, but there was no answer, so i’m trying my luck here as well for someone who could possibly to point me in the right direction.)

How does one prove the relation about the rising CO2 level and rising temperature?

How do we know the two are connected and that a rising temperature is not just a part of the earth cycle irregardless of CO2 level?

Just show all the "coincidences", like 13 of the 14 hottest years on record being all in this century, along with the science of why C02 heats the atmosphere.

Also this video is great for debunking common denialist beliefs.
youtu.be/OWXoRSIxyIU

>Let's also stop making so many babies
No, that option is simply not on the table! You will give up your carbon so carbon deficient populations can thrive!

>half the threads on Veeky Forums are about Trump right now
>one thread about global warming
>"omg le leftists stop bringing le politics into everything !!"

Huh? /leftypol/ likes trump.
sick b8

skepticalscience.com/empirical-evidence-for-co2-enhanced-greenhouse-effect-intermediate.htm
skepticalscience.com/co2-lags-temperature-intermediate.htm

It's worth noting that the correlation between CO2 level and temperature goes both ways. Historically, temperature change has been leading CO2 change, but since humans have begun producing CO2 en masse, the correlation has shifted so that CO2 change is leading temperature change.

kys human waste

I never liked Romney too much but Trump makes me really miss the guy

Governments generally do not make sound investment decisions that lead to sustainable energy practices or technologies.

Why do you think that the federal government can create some magical legislation that will make global warming go away?

The private sector will pick up the slack like it always does.

>USA
>democracy
Pick one.

>He posts the primary vote from eight years ago
>Not the presidential vote from three days ago

?????

Are you retarded?

Sure you know what democracy is?

>believing in climate change
Congratulations you fell for the greatest fraud in the history of science.

>an obvious buffoon
?
Trump repeats the same shit that won Clinton 2 terms, and he's an extremist buffon?

You want a moderate cuckservative who ensures more republican states turn blue with mass migration?

Oh, so, pray tell, because I have no explanation for the lakes and rivers drying up and the glaciers disappearing in:
Africa, Middle East, Iran, Asia, South America. Is it too many unicorns drinking it all?

>correlation has shifted
Yes, but only in Brainwashington during a Blue Moon and in the presence of a beer-reviewed Climate Fairy. Pic shows temperature and CO2 during the El Nino of 1998/1999.

>glad we got an obvious buffoon that will hopefully fuck up so badly the republicans never recover.
Glad to see that, like all the Republicans that voted for the shutdown and cost us our credit rating - that you care more about your political team than your nation.

You all take Al Gore's words as gospel. The liberal bias on this board is so evident.

>the credit downgrade was caused by the shutdown
ahahahahhahaahahaha

He's already addressed this in his "first 100 day plan" he released yesterday.

> I will lift the restrictions on the production of $50 trillion dollars' worth of job-producing American energy reserves, including shale, oil, natural gas and clean coal.

Clean coal sounds like a great idea and it'll bring back jobs to the devastated rust belt.

the fuck is clean coal?

>he released yesterday
No, it's from his October speech in Gettysburg that the corrupt media suppressed. It also appeared on the donaldjtrump web site on October 22, 2016.

ayy

this

Is "carbon" the new tinfoil version of "bodily fluids"?

youtube.com/watch?v=N1KvgtEnABY

>Tell trump to support nuclear power and thorium.

Environmentalists will just protest that as well, ironically doing the exact same shit climate change deniers do.

youtu.be/TLuKXOVnzhE?t=106

>Implying Trump staffers will read anything submitted to this PR tool.

Don't worry about the babies. The government will no longer subsidize the local nigger factory by paying degenerates more money per coco puff they shit out.

Go back ratfucker.

You realize that's the vote for a primary election, right? As in, a primary run by that specific party, and not the national government? The only thing that should tell you is how that party operates.

Definitely bait. Veeky Forums can give their opinion scientifically to political figures to shape a better world, this isn't wedging leftist views into anything.

Trying to contain /pol/ has become a futile effort. Even before the election they had control over discourse here.

I know this isn't really a Veeky Forums sort of question but does his "le Chinese scam" excuse make any economic sense?

Kind of. The huge US / Chinese trade deficit supports it.

Some sort of entropy and relation of recent events.

Having to comply with regulations is expensive. There are hundreds of examples, but, for example, you can't just release certain harmful industrial byproducts into the air, instead you have to do something which costs money, such as paying to have them disposed of or treated, for example.

Making US manufacturing more expensive is the same thing as making it less competitive.

The idea is that China pushes western countries to cut emissions making their manufacturing less competitive with Chinese manufacturing, since the Chinese don't cut emissions

The regulations are there to save money in the long run for the overall economy. We have regulations on how companies treat hazardous waste so that we don't have to spend money on doctors for cancer treatment and cleaning the pollution later on. The company is spending more money but everyone else will be saving money. Of course the thing needed is finding the right balance.

The powers that be would never let anyone but one of their obedient underlings become president of US. He is either ignorant or intentionally spreading disinformation, it is well documented man made global cooling - warming - climate change was hatched by the Club of Rome. I don't even care if all the worlds trinkets and baubles are made in China but it was one way to disenfranchise a large chunk of the working class in the first world and from a business standpoint made sense, why pay a blue collar first world worker a living wage for the first world when you can pay third world wages and still sell to the first world man at first world prices reaping enormous profits in the process - Like Trump himself does...for awhile. The debt slavery game is closing in on the entire world and one wonders how that awkward collection and day of reckoning will go down. America will never be great again and Trump is not even a very typical American, most people are not born into that sort of obscene wealth so there is already a conflict of interest between him and the pleb.

>Clean coal
This is what happens when you run your mouth without knowing what you're talking about.

Proof that climate change is man made?
I'm genuinely asking, I have never looked into it. Also I dont just want the claim that X amount of climate scientists say so.

It doesn't matter anymore, the debate is over because the taxation is in place and there is one thing about taxes. They are never repealed, ever! Even if the climate appears normal for eons you and future generations will keep paying and paying to enrich an ever growing global fascist technocratic bureaucracy until it is an enormous engorged parasitic entity that begins crushing everything in its path....

>They are never repealed
that is demonstrably wrong. A major medical device tax was just repealed in the US this past december.
really grasping at straws now.

> Clean coal sounds like a great idea

So do free money, perpetual motion, and dick pills. Unfortunately, these things are all scams.

god yes. 'Clean coal' does not exist; it was invented by the coal lobby.

How does the US/China trade deficit support the idea that the Chinese invented climate change to undermine the US?

>We could shut down every factory on Earth and drastic climate change is still going to happen.

I know there are immediate business interests but this doesn't have to be a partisan issue. We all live on the same planet and have a duty to the same ecosystems.
Why does one's position on ACC have to be conflated with platforms regarding gun rights and illegal immigration?
If you have capacity for independent, critical thought, you will consider unbiased sources and come to your own conclusion which may or may not align with any particular ideological faction. But that's what will serve your lineage and that of everyone else and perhaps every other living thing in the long-term.

There is a difference between natural climate cycles which occur due to a variety of factors, including solar activity, and runaway global warming. If the rate of hydrocarbon output into the atmosphere consistently and by a significant margin surpasses the rate at which it is captured and removed, then you eventually reach a point-of-no-return wherein there exists a significant risk that over a matter of centuries warming will continue regardless of all other variables, setting Earth on a course to virtual sterility. In the mean time, ecosystems will be annihilated.

we're trying to prevent a catastrophe by limiting hydrocarbon emissions. We'll be moving backward if we encourage coal power.

but first remove the undesirables/muds

Well any chemistry or physicsist can explain and prove you that it s just that co2 is a molecule that trap light in cinetc energy through their bonds very well just less than wather steam but better than anything else

>runaway global warming
What is the current runaway rate in terms of K per year?

Sort of. Having to comply with a load of regulations is certainly going to be a factor in making US manufacturing less competitive when compared to China. However this is an utterly minuscule factor when you when you remember that China has a little over a billion people that it can (and does) treat as glorified slave labour, paying them peanuts and working them to point where mass suicide becomes a viable alternative.

So in short, the idea you can make US manufacturing competitive with China just by removing some regulations is a retarded idea. I've no idea how a business man could think otherwise.

the existence of it? no. but the speed of it is.

>Models predict that Earth will warm between 2 and 6 degrees Celsius in the next century. When global warming has happened at various times in the past two million years, it has taken the planet about 5,000 years to warm 5 degrees. The predicted rate of warming for the next century is at least 20 times faster. This rate of change is extremely unusual.

>The predicted
Yeah, I am sure! We tax you now and see if the prediction comes true next century...Mmmmmkay? Because the tax can prevent it all from unfolding, give us your carbon and we will protect you...

so you are going to go conquer china india and africa and genocide them? desu, those are the largest population areas with largest growth or probability of growth. All telling white people, not to have kids is going to do, is reduce white levels worldwide. Ironically, they are also one of the few populations that puts off having kids for this reason. So, in the long term you will get rid of western countries and white populations, while africa continues to shit out kids like cockroaches. Good job committing demographic genocide that doesn't actually do anything to stop overpopulation

[citation needed]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clean_coal

>neither candidate making tenable environmental goals during election
>global population continues to surge at diminished resources
>little to nothing will be done to reconcile emissions
>clathrate gun already unthawing
>ocean is bleaching
>local area is in drastic droughts

I cannot even pay attention in my classes anymore, I am in a fog that will not cease and these nihilistic, horrid persistent spells of doom persist. What can I do? I am in a state of absolute despondency, whatever modicum of hope there was before has now been drained and I dread each coming day headlong into the population correction.

>neither candidate
>global population
I know US is world police and everything but seriously. There will be emissions, deal with it. When the correction comes it comes, better that than enable some huge totalitarian world environmental police force, they just may assign more rights to a rock that you should that happen. At least in a free fall all you stand a fighting chance.

>it is better to be in a dystopian sink than in a highly-restricted and regulated system with assured food, water, and resources

Do you have heroic Mad Max daydreams too?

>Yeah, I am sure! We tax you now and see if the prediction comes true next century...Mmmmmkay?
Wow, what an impressive argument.
How ridiculous of us to think that the government should be involved in regulating access to the long-term commons. And what kind of fanatic would make policies based on the predictions of relevant experts, anyway?

>Because the tax can prevent it all from unfolding
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Externality

>better that than enable some huge totalitarian world environmental police force,
Are you just here to jerk off to your persecution fantasies?
No-one has proposed anything even resembling a "huge totalitarian world environmental police force".

"methane is roughly 30 times more potent [compared to CO2] as a heat-trapping gas"

>Goldman Sachs executives
interesting you should mention that

>tfw studying to become geologist, with concentrations in petroleum and planetary geology
>morality is beginning to combat my love for money
Oh boy.