Russian Math Textbooks

Why are they so awesome?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Mechanics-theory-relativity-Matveev/dp/5030002677/
amazon.com/Linear-Algebra-Geometry-Logic-Applications/dp/2881246834/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because russian mathematicians are awesome. Mathematics was always like a popular sport for russians and they had many clubs where children learned math after school. Unlike other sciences the russians didn't shorten the sponsoring for math during WW2 and the cold war (the government didn't understand the math and didn't find traces of dangerous mindset, kek). That's why people like Perelman had a chance to develop their talent.

But Rudin and Tao's textbooks are far superior to Zorich? What are you on about?

and Königsberger

>not Amann

not Forster

>not Pöschel

Another entertaining book from Russian authors.

Bumping for this. Post the best Russian mathematics/physics textbooks.

They are not translated mostly. Matveev's books on general physics for example.
amazon.com/Mechanics-theory-relativity-Matveev/dp/5030002677/

Thanks user. I checked it. But it's translated, right? The reviews says so.

Also, any more books like these? Or of anything relate to science, mathematics or technology from the Soviet era. Thanks a lot.

bumpaREEEEEEE

Ruskies are not rigorous hence they should burn in hell.

>this delusional
russians are most rigorous tbqh

>But it's translated, right?
There are five volumes in Russian (thermo, e&m, optics and nuclear/quantum)

I'm a Ukrainian, so I have a chance to read them in original. Strangely, but Shilov have 0 popularity here (in Russia too). I didn't ever hear about these books before Amazon and Veeky Forums.

This book is popular as advanced linear algebra title (I don't know who is Suetin, maybe a translator):
amazon.com/Linear-Algebra-Geometry-Logic-Applications/dp/2881246834/

There are an old but very comprehensive course of math for physicists by Smirnov (A Course in Higher Mathematics, there are a couple of volumes on libgen), which can be a great reading supplement for such exercises-courses like Riley, Hobson, etc.

I think you know about Landau-Lifshitz series, Arnold's Diff-equations, etc., don't you?
Maybe add something later.

>My gradnparents used Demidovich's excercise book in the Mathematical Analysis course
>My father used it
>I used it
It's fucking eternal. I really think people will still use a hundred years later.

All my Russian math professors were world class and from old soviet schools. Are new Russians taught the way they were?

>Are new Russians taught the way they were?
No, all cool guys emigrated to the USA.

I hate when they'll retire then. They were really abrasive too and not politically correct. Heard one story from a friend that said one of the Profs told the student to kill themselves when they asked too basic of a question in a topology course.

I have some of the Landau-Lifshitz and they are nothing like modern theoretical physics textbooks.
Then I remember complains about Vladimir Arnold not being rigorous.

Then I'm using a textbook from a Russian now (not going to say which) and I don't like it for the same reason.

What about Fichtengolz's "Differential and Integral Calculus"? Heard good things about it.

It's a sub-analysis course, like Spivak, but fuller. Good as a second course.

Hate when second rate profs in second rate unis throw their frustrations to students.

How did Russian school children learn to be able to tackle the more advanced books to become the gods they are in math and physics? Are there standard school books they used?

>Get your hands on a LOT of books.
>Spend a LOT of time studying starting from childhood.
>Become God in your 20s/30s.
Enjoy.

Oh thanks for this user. I do know about Landau-Lifshitz series. It'd be awesome if you can add some more :)

i studied in russia for a while
they have some very strong high schools that focus on math

i'm talking about learning manifolds and getting assigned the fundamental theorem of algebra as homework before you're 17

>How did Russian school children learn to be able to tackle the more advanced books to become the gods they are in math and physics?
In the USSR they had a couple of series for children, written by professional mathematicians and physicists in non-trivial manner. Bibliotechka Quant, for example. If you treat children like adults, you can expect that some number of them pass throught all difficulties with understanding of subject.

> If you treat children like adults, you can expect that some number of them pass throught all difficulties with understanding of subject.

Something tells me that if the US tried this so many people would bitch about their kids being too dumb