Theology of the body

Good day people who are smarter than I. Could any of you who are familiar with the Catholic Theology of the body refute it with Logic and Proven scientific fact as well as anything else that you are able to bring to mind. P.s I apologies for this thread if it breaks any rules of this board. I don't really know any other board that could provide well reasoned and insightful arguments.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Problem_of_evil
ling.upenn.edu/~beatrice/humor/hell.html
snopes.com/college/exam/hell.asp
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Catholicism isn't Protestantism. When they write stuff, it's usually well thought out.

I realise this. I am essentially in an existential crisis. I am on the edge of loosing any belief in a God. Theology of the body is a well thought out writing. This is something which I am torn by so I would like well thought out arguments against the "sin" portion of this.

Don't worry you will convert into an agnostic then an atheist then a nihilist then into a human form of clinical depression just like Nietzsche.

What do you expect us to say, "2+2=4 therefore sin doesn't exist"? This isn't our domain, go discuss this with philosophers and theologians.

Halfway there. I am being guilt tripped by my churches ideas.

No my expectation is to explain from a pragmatic point of view why something like masturbation is not wrong

>pragmatic point of view
>pragmatic

You're wasting valuable semen that could be used to impregnate women or be reabsorb into your body to regain nutrients.

We know that one never stops semen production And the re-absorption argument, why then is it that women bleed monthly and waste possible children as they only have a set amount of eggs.

>P.s I apologies for this thread if it breaks any rules of this board.
LMAO, the janitor is a lazy shit totally uninterested in moderating.

Cool. I am a little nervous of these things because most mods wave the ban hammer happily

If an omnibenevolent exists then morals exist
If morals exists then evil and good exist
If morals exists then evil exist
If an omnibenevolent exists then evil exist (hypothetical syllogism)
If an omnibenevolent exists then he wouldn't allow evil to exist
Therefore god is either not omnipotent or not omnibenevolent or he doesn't exist.

Thank you. It sucks living with a heavily catholic mother. Any sign that I don't believe leads to guilt tripping.

So are you now free? also the argument i presented is similar to the problem of evil just telling you if you want to check it out >en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Problem_of_evil

Thanks man. Also I have read that hell would technically be an endothermic reaction which would eventually implode on itself. I don't know how accurate this theory is.

>If an omnibenevolent exists then he wouldn't allow evil to exist

If all evil is punished and all wrongs righted in the end, isn't evil just a transient observation that ultimately disappears? Hence evil isn't allowed to exist.

>Looking for excuses to be an atheist

Stop being a pussy. If you don't want to go to church then don't go until you're ready.

>living with a heavily catholic mother
>hell would technically be an endothermic reaction which would eventually implode on itself

How old are you kid? Hell isn't in this universe so it needs not follow our natural physical law. It can be as simple as this

>while eternity
>>for each soul in hell
>>>send flaming_pain to soul

I am 19. This was conjecture that I read that was in a way disproving hell's existence in the form that it is described in. I am not saying it exists I am asking about the theory behind this statement.

>transient
>disappears
yeah right...

When the sun goes, ISIS will go with it if it hasn't already.

Is flaming_pain immutable?

Perhaps you should watch some debates featuring William Lane Craig and known atheist skeptics.

I think he is regarded as the best "defender" of the valididity of theology.

And also, should you loose your faith, dont tell anyone unless it wont ruin your life in any way.

Its not worth it to mess up your life over faith or lack thereof.

>When the sun goes, ISIS will go with it if it hasn't already.
The sun will go away after 5 billion years.
>inb4 u mad bruh?

The source is actually an old chemistry joke

ling.upenn.edu/~beatrice/humor/hell.html
snopes.com/college/exam/hell.asp

>I am on the edge of loosing any belief in a God

You should try reading CS Lewis and Chesterton.

Ok thanks man.

Already read CS Lewis. He is a brilliant writer but it never convinced me of anything.
It won't ruin my life but my mother will be crushed.