ITT: Veeky Forums shit you can't comprehend

ITT: Veeky Forums shit you can't comprehend

>drive by an olive garden on a friday evening
>literally 20+ people waiting outside to be seated, probably an hour long wait or more

Who the fuck waits that long to pay 15.99 for chef boyardee spaghetti and little ceasars breadsticks?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EKZS4Jn6gRM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Old people.

Leaf here, never been to an olive garden. I've heard it's not that good. Is this true?

All the entrees are shit but the bread is okay.

I had a revelation about this just the other day. It's just an italian Denny's, serving the same clientelle the same level of food. I was on a business trip, and my coworker and I were trying to find a place we'd both like to eat, and this was the closest we could get to compromise. It was a step up from his initial suggestion of Fazoli's. As much as I want to defend my race, there really is a subsection of white people who are completely unwilling to look outside of their culinary comfort zone. We had fucking Chipotle for lunch, and it was a new experience for him.

been there twice. tastes like they just microwave frozen pasta imo. my local one is always packed out the door when I drive by too.

Dennys is another one that has lines around the block for shit food. Are people just complete brand-obsessed sheep or is it what you suggest with a comfort zone? I just dont comprehend the mindset of an adult man who would willingly wait outside an olive garden or denny's for more than 5 minutes.

>All the entrees are shit

What about the main course?

It's not bad in and of itself....but what is bad is waiting in line 1+ hour and paying 15-20 bucks a person for shit that tastes like a microwavable frozen dinner....I live in Nashville, Tn; and a lot of middle class and even upper-middle class (100k-150k/yr family income) consider it "classy".....

I'm pretty sure my parents completely stopped going to Olive Garden once the kids got out of the house, which solidifies in my mind that it was the kind of place they could get Italian without bothering people who are actually looking to have a nice meal.

Speaking of Chipolte, why are people obsessed with it when there are literally better places like QDoba/Moe's/any local mexican joint?

you could go to a local pizzeria where they give you crayons and get better spaghetti for half the price. People just have shit taste and recognizeable brands comfort them.

Chipotle, QDoba, and Moe's are all in the same family of shit-tier. It's nicer than a fast food restaurant and is "hip/trendy" so all of your 25-55 white collar folk eat that shit up even though it's fucking disgusting

The main course is the bread.

People think theyre eating healthy because their 2 lb bowl of steak, sour cream and rice has a few tomatoes and corn kernels in it.

Depends on what part of the country you live in. My hometown is 90% german, the only places to get italian are Olive Garden and the actually nice restaurants.

There is an Olive Garden and a Carrabba's right across the street from each other.
Both of them are packed from 11 in the afternoon to 9 at night.

I seriously need to open a casual Italian place.

its a LOT better than chef boyardees.

>its a LOT better than chef boyardees.

Way to not understand what Hyperbole is kiddo

Where the fuck is there a line outside of Denny's?

Anywhere in america on a weekend

Moe's is the worst. No flavor. If you are lucky you have a Barberitos near you.

Dennys provides a judgement free environment where the dregs of society can come together and eat cheap diner food while blackout drunk or criminally high on drugs at 3 in the morning. It fills a necessary niche and should be appreciated for what it is.

Yes, its slightly better than waffle house. Speaking of which, a dead body was shoved in the walk-in after a murder at my nearest waffle house.

You take that fucking back you uppity city boy, I'll cut you with my steak knife I carry in my sock

There's a corner of town here that turns into bumper-to-bumper gridlock every day because of Chic-fil-a.

The drive-thru line circles around the restaurant and goes into the fucking street.

I don't understand it. Who thinks to themselves, "Well we're gonna have to sit here for 25 minutes waiting on my chicken sandwich because I'm not eating anything else."

Autistic children who reached adulthood

I waited behind 3 cars at pollo tropical last week and i hated myself for it the entire time, who knows how people wait 30 mins to an hour for drive through and justify it to themselves.

The entree is the term used for the main course in the USA, bizarrely

A chick fil a opened near me about a year ago and it's had round the block lines all day every day since then, like, will the enthusiasm ever wane

Its literally nothing but fried chicken breast with a flour coating, and "super secret sauce" (ketchup and mayo mixed together) at unreasonable prices. You have to be a mouthbreathing retard to give them any business.

The secret is that they don't hire niggers

>olive garden, classy, Nashville

Gotta love the south, everybody! Ironically, Nashville has some decent restaurants.

The real trick is that they fry in peanut oil, which gives it a unique flavor.

Bread is shit just like the rest of that garbage

It's fine, but it's absolutely not good enough to wait in line for on a Friday night; no chain restaurant is.

What's wrong with Olive Garden

youtube.com/watch?v=EKZS4Jn6gRM

10AM to 12PM, every sunday, there's going to be a line outside of every Denny's, Ihop, and diner within 10 miles of a church.

The real trick is that their drive thru is well staffed enough to handle more than 3 cars

I've only been to Denny's at like midnight when I'm stoned or drunk as fuck. I never knew people actually ate there sober.

Fucking this. I had a roommate once who was the biggest manchild. He basically lived on a diet of tendies and nachos. We went on a vacation with some friends for about 4 days and we ended up going to Sonic 3 times. When I suggested we try something else, he got pissy, and decided to blame it on me being a vegetarian. We ended up going to Chili's, and he liked it, but still threw a temper tantrum when we got home, refused to talk to me for a few days, and threw the shirt I let him borrow in a dirty heap on the steps rather than returning it to my room like a normal human being.

Well, being a vegetarian, you've brought it upon yourself as being a picky faggot.

kek

Southern evangelical state resident detected.

>and decided to blame it on me being a vegetarian

Fucking kill yourself hip hipster picky eating faggot; it was definitely your fault and I'm 100% sure he wasn't a manchild who lived off of tendies and nachos; but rather you are just a giant fucking pain in the ass

Every state I've ever lived in was the same, and I've never lived in the deep south

>tfw people are triggered by the mere mention of a vegetarian
It's like I'm really on tumblr.

And no, it wasn't my fault. The other people we were on vacation with were also fed up with him insisting on Sonic everyday. I don't see how I'm a picky faggot, seeing as I can eat at basically any restaurant with no problems at all.

And yeah, he literally did eat tendies and nachos like 90% of the time. When I say manchild I mean it. His mother was cleaning his room when he was 18, and he couldn't even do basic shit like mow the lawn or put up a curtain rod. His girlfriend had to do basically everything for him, it was aggravating as all hell. He once spilled milk in the kitchen and just walked out and sat down at his computer to play games like nothing happened, then acted like I was a terrible person because I told him to clean up his mess.

His girlfriend and I would cook regular meals at the house daily, and I had no issues with cooking them meat or anything. However, half the time he would just resort to eating his Rotel/nacho garbage or would flat out complain about the food. Although there was one time we made okonomiyaki and he ate two of them - smothered in nacho cheese, of course.

He's a manchild, you're a faggot. Where's the problem here?

Lies. Waffle House hash browns with everything is my hangover cure. That, and two pots of black coffee.

Both Waffle House and Denny's are magical judgement-free zones, but Waffle House has tastier food.

How fat was this asshole, user? Also, did he have any redeeming qualities that would explain your continued association with a whiny mouthbreather?

>look up Barberito's
>literally the same menu choices as Moe's/Qdoba/Salsarita's
>somehow, somehow thinks it's better

>His girlfriend and I would cook regular meals at the house daily

sounds like you need to cuck this guy

He actually wasn't fat at the time. He had a really fast metabolism and his gf really tried to keep his eating habits in check.

However, they broke up ~2 years ago, and he's been steadily gaining weight ever since. It's great.

I was best friends with his girlfriend and decided I could tolerate him when we moved in together. However, they ended up moving out after 7-8 months due to him being such a little shit. He tried to beat my cat after it got into a spat with his, and when I told him not to, he threw a fit and started looking for a new house to rent very next day. Side note, his gf also left him because he started hitting her after they moved out, no surprise there.

I honestly wish I would have, because his gf was a super cute, a wonderful cook, and supportive af. One of the main reasons they moved out was (I believe) that he feared she and I were getting too close.
>he apparently told her he didn't like it when I was in the living room with her, because he wanted to be alone with her (keep in mind this is my house they're renting out of)
>threw a piss fit because I took her to get her driving permit
>threw a fit whenever I would by her nice bday and xmas gifts
>got increasingly upset when his gf and I would mess around/she'd sit on my lap or I'd jokingly rub her thigh, even though it was clearly just us kidding around

Sage for offtopic.

Their spaghetti, lasagna, and anything similar tastes awful, a first time cook could do a better job at home following a recipe.

My family drags me there for endless soup which is OK for restaurant food worth the money if you eat enough

I do like their chicken marsala or the pork with the rosemary potatoes

Moved from California to Arizona, same both places.

>I was best friends with his girlfriend

Jesus christ man, you keep revealing more details on how you are such a white knight beta faggot

So your bad at a guy, who happened to be your "best friend" who was a girl....which means he's a chad and you are in the friend zone....jesus, kill yourself cuck

>rubbing her thigh
the guy is a cuck for not bashing you desu

Actually I've been in one of those lines multiple times at CFA. They have people walk through the lines taking orders on iPads and the line moves incredibly quick.

The "round the building" line at my local CFA takes about 10 minutes tops. But they also only hire whites and pay the workers $12 an hour

>namefag thinks whiteknighting a cuck is better

top puf

This. He had every right to beat your ass. You guys were obviously flirting with each other.

Yeah, seconded.

I was rooting for you too, asshole. But some things are over the Rubicon.

Took my daughter there once

I knew it was shit. Bland af and every dish starts at $30, but she isnt adventurous in what she is willing to eat and it was the one in times square where every table has a view of something.

I went really just for the view.

>We are on a superior level of cognition here at Veeky Forums. Our palettes are far too diverse to include Denny's or Olive Garden.

Nah seriously though, I think its a general rule of them that when you group 100 or more people together 90% of them are going to be bumbling retards that can barely make it out of bed without winning a darwin award.

That just transfers over to culinary situations.

That's the thing about the South; if you're not a local you're not going to know about the places worth a squirt of piss. Even if you're a local, if you don't walk around town you're not going to know the good places.
In short: walk about, you cunts.

The Denny's in my town (Waco TX) has gotten much better than it used to be.
From shit house to yeah alright.

Chunky chunks was apparently too much of a beta bitch to stand up to veggie vag, so the blame falls entirely on chunky.

There are people whose knowledge of food doesn't extend beyond the supermarket and chain restaurants. Places like the Olive Garden are where they go out to eat. Simple as that.

>rule of them

>bread
>okay
no. I went to my Olive Garden once and they breadsricks were like fucking cardboard. It was like they took frozen bread and nuked it for a minute.

Chipotle shits all over Moe's. I literally recreated my Chipotle order at Moe's and every ingredient was worse.

no joke it's somehow my sister in law's favorite restaurant

though, she's also from the pits of iowa

>defending and enabling NEETs
You faggots need to lynch yourselves immediately. Good fucing God. I would beat the shit out of someone if they lived in the same place as me and acted like that.

worked there in HS the chick fil a sauce is bbq and honey mustard mixed

maybe you are thinking of big mac sauce/thousand island

and it's briefly marinated in pickle juice

but yea the nice staff help

southern evangelical states have a lot more waffle houses than IHOPs

the macros at chipotle are actually decent you pleb

>iowa
Not really a surprise. Think about it: if you come from a place where you have decent Italian and Italian American restaurants the Olive Garden looks like a fucking joke to you. But many people don't have access to decent Italian food, so the Olive Garden could be the best example of it they've ever tasted. Iowa is a likely candidate for such a place, because the few Italian immigrants who landed there at the start of the 20th Century were working in the coal mines, not opening restaurants like their counterparts in New York, New Haven, Philadelphia and New Orleans were.

The dennys by me makes the best and largest serving of fries you can get for 2 bucks fuck you man.

Fly yovers

It's not even that's all she knows.

She's blessed with an actual good slightly upper scale Italian restaurant right in town but she would sooner drive 45 minutes to the nearest Italian mcdonalds for microwaved pasta and old breadsticks

thanks for trying to give an explanation but in truth she's just fucking stupid

>she's just fucking stupid
More likely acclimated to bad food. Once crappy food becomes your baseline for normal that's what you want to eat. It's the same way you don't realize how awful most fast food is until you stop eating it for a while, then taste it from a fresh perspective. If your expectations are set at Olive Garden level something objectively better may fail to satisfy simply because it's not the Olive Garden.

Most American chain restaurants prove that lots people will happily eat really mediocre food as long as it's exactly what they've come to expect.

No, I mean, I'm a grill, user. That sort of behavior is pretty normal among friends, plus I was seeing somebody else at the time, so for him to get so defensive was really stupid.

This. Most people would prefer something like super cheesy potatoes with a double triple bacon wrapped steak, even if the potatoes were sometimes undercooked and the steak done well, to a decently cooked meal where everything is cooked properly and the sides and spices compliment each other.

Huh. If you're a grill, that's less weird. Male/female thigh touching is over the line, but female/female relationships are definitely more tactile. As I've been forcibly introduced to after making other female friends at work. Wtf, it's too much hugging. I'm carrying dishes. Do your flail/hug/squeal a bit later, please.

I opened this thread, read the first 10 replies, and got instantly depressed

There is literally nothing of value between Appalachia and, say, Oakland, is there? That's a rhetorical question. There isn't.

they dont have one in my state so i try to eat at one whenever i can.
i always have my hopes up that it will get better, but it never does.

I cooked there for a few months. It was pretty terrible.

Funny, I took my daughter there as well recently.

She's a vegan.

>I'm a grill
What kind of a faggot borrows a grill's shirt?

Maybe she had a cool fandom or sports shirt? She said he was skinny.

qdoba is fucking dogshit

Olive Garden is great for endless soups and/or salad & bread-sticks for $7-9. Anyone who goes there for dinner or spends more than that is doing it wrong.

On another topic, I keep waiting for one of these companies to break down and start their own direct buffet/cafeteria restaurant or home-delivery service like Blue Apron and just cut the middle man out.

It's got to happen eventually.

One of the olive gardens in my area burned down a few years ago LOL

My mom claims that her favorite food is Italian food, but her favorite restaurant is Olive Garden. I tried bringing her to a real Italian restaurant once, and she hated it.

Can anybody explain this shit? My theory is that my mom just likes pasta.

Well, did she order a different item from the real place than she usually did at Olive Garden? What did she not like about it?

Also just because a restaurant isn't a chain doesn't make it good. Are you sure the real place had kept fresh ingredients on hand and cooked in-house?

Most likely it's not the pasta but the sauce/cheese that she enjoys most.

I can't remember what she ordered, but she didn't really give a real reason other than that she liked Olive Garden better. The place was a well-regarded high-end restaurant, though.

Chipotle is dogshit. I don't know why anyone likes it. They have few toppings, their meat is bland, and the rice is mushy.

Your mom has shit taste. It's probably not her fault. She just likes what she's used to. Most people are like that. It's how places like Olive Garden stay in business.

>iowa
>working in the coal mines

U wot m8??

Someone that knows girls, so obviously not you...

>Your mom has shit taste.
True

>It's probably not her fault.
Probably true.

>She just likes what she's used to.
True.

My dad and I are both objectively better cooks than she is, but she'll make faces and find reasons to criticize our food while she's eating it. Why she does this is a mystery.